Anderson Silva Death Knee & Style Learned From....

So smooth. I thought Silva was one of a kind with how he moves, wrong

So smooth. I thought Silva was one of a kind with how he moves, wrong

Tru - 
Gokudamus stole my name - Is Cordeiro also righthanded (like Anderson)?

good questions,.  hard to tell from the video.  he might be a south paw from the fighting style, and just teach the class orthodox.  Now it has me wondering as well.

Just thought it was interesting since he is one of Andersons original instructors

thanks for posting Tru. Never got to see him spar.

goeb - thanks for posting Tru. Never got to see him spar.

no problem, been meaning to post this for a long time.  

Thank you for posting this Aaron. Btw I was the first to put you in the green with my vote up yesterday. obviously you would've got there anyways though.

Man I was going to make a thread appreciation for Cordeiro, but this thread is better.

My point-Cordeiro is hugely underrated, and in my opinion, should be just as highly regarded if not more, than Greg Jackson/Mike Winklejon.

PS-if you could look into his natural stance and being left/right handed, and if he trained anderson that way, that'd be great.

Also you should re-post your videos of you and werdum and you and cyborg, those were awesome!

sub

Very nice vid

D241 - My point-Cordeiro is hugely underrated, and in my opinion, should be just as highly regarded if not more, than Greg Jackson/Mike Winklejon.

I absolutely believe Cordeiro is a lot better coach, and knows tons more about MMA technique, than Greg Jackson. Cordeiro is a master, and from all reports is great at imparting that knowledge to students as well.

The real value of the "Jackson camp" is the affiliate deals they have with other camps like Grudge and Tri-Star for exchanging high quality sparring partners. I think people greatly overrate Greg's actual importance - it's the top sparring partners that fighters need.

Greg is certainly a good coach, but he's treated like this MMA sage of unmatched wisdom and I find that laughable. There's a number of coaches out there just as good, and I would much rather train under Cordeiro any day than Greg Jackson.

D241 - 

Thank you for posting this Aaron. Btw I was the first to put you in the green with my vote up yesterday. obviously you would've got there anyways though.

Man I was going to make a thread appreciation for Cordeiro, but this thread is better.

My point-Cordeiro is hugely underrated, and in my opinion, should be just as highly regarded if not more, than Greg Jackson/Mike Winklejon.

PS-if you could look into his natural stance and being left/right handed, and if he trained anderson that way, that'd be great.

Also you should re-post your videos of you and werdum and you and cyborg, those were awesome!

thanks, I will look into that stuff.  I gave you a vote up as well.   Here is a link to the page of videos you wanted to see.

http://www.youtube.com/user/truplya777/videos?query=cyborg

Awesome video. It would be such a great honor to train with him Phone Post

Steve4192 -

No offense to Master Cordeiro, who is awesome, but I doubt Anderson learned the technique that he is using in 2012 from a guy he hasn't trained under for more than a few weeks in the last decade.  Anderson left Chute Boxe back in 2003 and has really refined his style since then.  He is far more technical than the prototypical Chute Boxe Muay Thai brawler.

Why wouldnt Anderson use a technique he learned 10 years ago, especially if its been working for him lately? Phone Post

sub Phone Post

4 later since I can't see vid on ipad :(

BTW, anyone know if Shogun will train with Cordeiro for the Gus fight?

I know Shogun and Cordeiro had a falling out, but then patched things up. Haven't heard whether Shogun will be training at Kings again though.

I really hope he does, Cordeiro will prepare Shogun much better than his friends in Brazil. If Shogun trains with Cordeiro I think he'll beat Gus.

Damn Cordeiro is dropping his students like flies. He's a sniper with those knees man.

VTFU to Tru for posting the vid.

SMS89 - Damn Cordeiro is dropping his students like flies. He's a sniper with those knees man.

VTFU to Tru for posting the vid.

thanks for the vote up.  

edit:  truth is, we found out he learned the death knee while robo boarding on the beaches of brazil

Looks like just a tap with his knee yet he manages to crumple his students with it. Phone Post