Anderson Silva is overrated

That’s not to say he isn’t great. He most definitely is great. Up until this past year or 2 He was widely considered the GOAT by most people. The only great fighter he beat during his run was Dan Henderson. Rich Franklin was good. Not great. Pre TRT Vitor was not great. Chael decent at best. Okami and Marquardt decent. I don’t care that he beat 3 bums at 205. Well 2 bums. But He is the worst possible style match up in the world for Forrest Griffin. He knew that and that’s why he fought him. A slow moving striker who doesn’t wrestle. There are fights he could have taken at 205 in his prime that could have solidified him as the GOAT if he fought them and won. Instead he walked around at 220 and fought easy fights at 185. Him vs Rashard or Machida at the time would have made for unbelievable match ups. Don’t get me wrong. Anderson is a legend and an unbelievable fighter.  But his resume has a lot of holes on it. Jon Jones resume on the other hand is a murders row of hall of fame worthy fighters. He would be the goat if he wasn’t on the shit. Damn shame. 

lol then why was he under 205 when he fought DC on a days notice?

Anderson Silva is the greatest of all time. No PED teaches skills like his. 

Ah yes. The classic "He didn't fight anyone" argument.

Well guess what looking back from where we are now Fedor wasn't that good either.

All the guys in the rop 5 of HW at the moment probbaly would have beaten him.

Thats not how this works though. Anderson Silva fought the best guys in his division at the time and they were all deserving of the shot.

You can't go back in time and judge the skill level based on todays fighters cause its always gonna be worse.

He was levels above everyone else at the time thats why he was great

/thread

at absolute worst he is one of the 4 best fighters of all time.

watahhh - 

Well guess what looking back from where we are now Fedor wasn't that good either.

Thats not how this works though. Anderson Silva fought the best guys in his division at the time and they were all deserving of the shot.

You can't go back in time and judge the skill level based on todays fighters cause its always gonna be worse.

/thread

Uh… welcome to the world of Fedor fans… they been doing this to Fedor for years. I’m no Anderson fan and in fact I actually hate his fans, but he most certainly does not merit a thread like this, and the fact that this happens EVERY TIME a great fighter gets passed his prime and starts losing a lot, just shows these threads are more about the lame type of person the op is rather than truly being about the fighter.

superCulo -

All those steroids helped him land that kick on vitor, there's a steroid for that

GOAT PED USER

HandyDarsh -
superCulo -

All those steroids helped him land that kick on vitor, there's a steroid for that

Trt Vitor bro

Dead President -

GOAT PED USER

Who did he fight that definitely wasn't on PEDs?

I like the girl’s jacket though.

Why is this thread necessary? You say he’s great but at the same time overrated. Cool bro. Maybe make this thread 8 years ago

superCulo -

Exactly, especially when 80% of his opponents tested positive too

Griffin

Bonnar

Vitor

Hendo was on TRT but his credit never tested positive

Sonnen twice

Marquart

List goes on, this off the top of my head

Guys like Franklin, Irvin, Okami never exactly looked natural either. Also look how much Weidman degraded with USADA.

Many fans including myself will never discredit Silva’s accomplishments. Same goes with Jones original title run too.

Sage Northcock -
watahhh - 

/thread

Uh… welcome to the world of Fedor fans… they been doing this to Fedor for years. I’m no Anderson fan and in fact I actually hate his fans, but he most certainly does not merit a thread like this, and the fact that this happens EVERY TIME a great fighter gets passed his prime and starts losing a lot, just shows these threads are more about the lame type of person the op is rather than truly being about the fighter.

You two asshole must be blind. I never mentioned Fedors name once. I think he is over rated as well. Jagoff. 

sagemma - Why is this thread necessary? You say he's great but at the same time overrated. Cool bro. Maybe make this thread 8 years ago

Cause your mother loves the cock. But not as much as your father. That’s why it’s relevant 

Did not read zzzzz

ANDERSON SILVA OVERRATED HAHAHAHAHA. Dude there is always these breed of loser haters that bag on over the hill fighters like Fedor and Silva. 

The fact is that Silva in his prime was levels above the competition.