Anderson silva is the goat and gets why

He doesn't beat his opponents by out muscling them , he beats them because instead of just trying to get ripped and tattooed he choose to have healthy camps that focus on TDD , bjj , striking/ Muai tai , but most importantly technique ... Every episode of prime time he's always working on technique and sparring not just lifting weights ...

To me that is why he outclasses his opponents ...

His list of victories over great fighters and the fashion in which he got the win makes it that much more incredible ... His win streak ...

Do you agree or disagree ? Phone Post

Here's * can't edit the title Phone Post

what would sakuraba do - 5 loses to b graders outside the ufc(1 unsanctioned loss). Most of his ufc fights have been against questionable talent. Some of which dominated him. This totally disqualifies him. Gsp or jones. imo

You're kidding right? There is and never will be another fighter like AS.

His losses do not matter imo. Phone Post

what would sakuraba do - 5 loses to b graders outside the ufc(1 unsanctioned loss). Most of his ufc fights have been against questionable talent. Some of which dominated him. This totally disqualifies him. Gsp or jones. imo

Lol at this, this place fucking blows these days. He has beaten the best of the best, and you are gonna sit there like a little asshole and try to say otherwise? Phone Post

It's the Xmas troll... Phone Post

I'm just saying he is the goat of technique for sure ... He is the most accurate MMA in MMA ... Phone Post

BabyHand - 

Lol at this, this place fucking blows these days. He has beaten the best of the best, and you are gonna sit there like a little asshole and try to say otherwise? Phone Post

I second this.

As the saying goes, you are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

Fact is, Silva owns, and is almost certainly the greatest up to this point.

And this is the entire reason for martial arts. It's founded on using skill and technique to defeat an opponent even if they are faster or stronger. Otherwise, why train? Andy is the grandest example and selling point for martial arts. Isn't ripped, muscle bound, or known for using his strength or speed. Uses timing, composure, and technique....things no one HAS to be born with. Andy transcends MMA. He is something special and anyone that refuses to recognize it just hates because Andy beat one of their fighters and they hold grudges. Phone Post

His TDD is pretty terrible. He is the only fighter on the P4P list who has been thoroughly dominated in several rounds. It's unheard of for GSP/Jones to even lose a round, while Anderson lost 5 out of of 7 rounds to Sonnen.

DRevan - 
BabyHand - 

I second this.

As the saying goes, you are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

Fact is, Silva owns, and is almost certainly the greatest up to this point.

Name the facts. I mean names. Sakuri was a great win no doubt and I'd have to say Ace too. Hendo is very good but it's not like he had weight on where he is his best either (per his resume).

So who are best he best that you refer too?

Guys he might have fought that are the best (or were the best or were close):

Shogun
Page
Evans
Fedor (Dan- smaller did)
Wand
Nog (big and small- Dan- smaller did)
Kondo
Arona

Plus others (like Sak did).

So what do you mean "he fought the best", he did not.

Let's hope he fights JBJ

Doctor NPD - The "GOAT" commonly drops 10-8 rounds and actually lost a round to Sonnen in which he didn't land a single strike. If he spends all his time training technique, why is his Takedown Defense so terrible?

He doesn't do it commonly. He did poorly against Chael before winning anyway. Name the droves of fighters he lost 10-8 rounds to since it's so common. Let's hear it.

As for poor TDD, that's not true. Is it the best? No. Being taken down by one of the best wrestlers in the sport doesn't mean your takedown defense sucks. Lastly he showed that he improved it against Chael in their second fight. Phone Post

ausgepicht - 
Doctor NPD - The "GOAT" commonly drops 10-8 rounds and actually lost a round to Sonnen in which he didn't land a single strike. If he spends all his time training technique, why is his Takedown Defense so terrible?

He doesn't do it commonly. He did poorly against Chael before winning anyway. Name the droves of fighters he lost 10-8 rounds to since it's so common. Let's hear it.

As for poor TDD, that's not true. Is it the best? No. Being taken down by one of the best wrestlers in the sport doesn't mean your takedown defense sucks. Lastly he showed that he improved it against Chael in their second fight. Phone Post

I don't think he showed any improvement in that 2nd fight. The 1st round was just a continuation of Chael's wrestling dominance. The 2nd round, Andy had to blatantly grab the shorts to stop a take down, and let's not forget the greasing. That 2nd fight was truly bizarre.

For the record, Lutter (who has a very average record) mounted and would have finished Silva if he didn't gas due to a horrendous cut (Lutter's own fault). He gassed in full mount, in the 1st round.

what would sakuraba do - 5 loses to b graders outside the ufc(1 unsanctioned loss). Most of his ufc fights have been against questionable talent. Some of which dominated him. This totally disqualifies him. Gsp or jones. imo

A goat finishes, a karate point fighter, who just wrestles cannot contend for goat status.

Doctor NPD - 
The Shockmaster - 
ausgepicht - 

I don't think he showed any improvement in that 2nd fight. The 1st round was just a continuation of Chael's wrestling dominance. The 2nd round, Andy had to blatantly grab the shorts to stop a take down, and let's not forget the greasing. That 2nd fight was truly bizarre.

For the record, Lutter (who has a very average record) mounted and would have finished Silva if he didn't gas due to a horrendous cut (Lutter's own fault). He gassed in full mount, in the 1st round.

This. Lutter, Hendo and even Belfort got him down. Maia was outlanding him in a round (I don't care if he was throwing a little tantrum during that fight or not).

Is he the best MW? Of course. Top 3 p4p? Yup. But to say he's the goat is absurd, in my opinion. Especially when GSP has fought far better opponents and rarely drops a round. Even when he loses rounds, they're never 10-8s. I think Jones will eclipse Silva too in the very near future.

Even if Jones and Silva were the same size, Jones takes that fight 7 times out of 10. Same with GSP.

How can someone argue Anderson is the #1 P4P when he would clearly lose to both Jones and GSP if those guys were natural middleweights. Anderson would have to pray that he lands something before he gets dropped on his head by either guy.

Doctor NPD - 
KingOfFighters - 
what would sakuraba do - 5 loses to b graders outside the ufc(1 unsanctioned loss). Most of his ufc fights have been against questionable talent. Some of which dominated him. This totally disqualifies him. Gsp or jones. imo

A goat finishes, a karate point fighter, who just wrestles cannot contend for goat status.

Muhammad Ali didn't finish everybody. So he isn't eligible for goat status either?

LMFAO@you comparing gsp to ali........jesus christ

Anderson stepped up a weight class and blitzed 3 solid lhw fighters (including a former champ)...something Jones and GSP haven't done.

Can't argue with above...

Herring In A Fur Coat - 

The only thing in MMA that amazes me more than what Anderson does in the cage is the fact that so many "fans" can't appreciate it.

Word

Don't take the bait. Phone Post

Herring In A Fur Coat -

The only thing in MMA that amazes me more than what Anderson does in the cage is the fact that so many "fans" can't appreciate it.

Boggles my mind. Phone Post