Anderson silva is the goat and gets why

Doctor NPD - 
KingOfFighters - 
Doctor NPD - 
KingOfFighters - 
what would sakuraba do - 5 loses to b graders outside the ufc(1 unsanctioned loss). Most of his ufc fights have been against questionable talent. Some of which dominated him. This totally disqualifies him. Gsp or jones. imo

A goat finishes, a karate point fighter, who just wrestles cannot contend for goat status.

Muhammad Ali didn't finish everybody. So he isn't eligible for goat status either?

LMFAO@you comparing gsp to ali........jesus christ

Lol at you being too dense to understand a fairly simple point. You say a goat finishes. Ali didn't finish several of his opponents. Therefore, using your wonderful logic, Ali cannot be goat.

I know that's difficult to grasp with a 3rd grade reading level, the attention span of a brain dead goldfish and Anderson Silva's testicles gently hanging in your mouth but I'll try to make it even easier to understand. Finishes don't mean shit.

I don't entertain n00bs who follow a sport because they're dick sucking trend followers.

I'll take his 5 loses to B level fightes as a sign that he is a goat. He took his loses and built on them, found out what he needed to do to be better and did it. He didnt quit, didnt keep doing the same thing. He improved. Sign of a champ!

Regarding the Chael fights, check his record and Silva won each of his fights with chael. He actually finished him. 10-8 rounds mean nothing if the ref has to stop the other guy from killing you! Finding a way to win when you may not be the best fighter, makes to a GOAT!

Final point, look at his fights in the ufc. He has finished majority of his title fights. Not many other fighters have done that. Add to that the length of his run. I cant see how you can not give this guy a lot of props!

I'm a hater but I love watching him fight.

Doctor NPD -
The Shockmaster - 
ausgepicht - 
Doctor NPD - The "GOAT" commonly drops 10-8 rounds and actually lost a round to Sonnen in which he didn't land a single strike. If he spends all his time training technique, why is his Takedown Defense so terrible?

He doesn't do it commonly. He did poorly against Chael before winning anyway. Name the droves of fighters he lost 10-8 rounds to since it's so common. Let's hear it.

As for poor TDD, that's not true. Is it the best? No. Being taken down by one of the best wrestlers in the sport doesn't mean your takedown defense sucks. Lastly he showed that he improved it against Chael in their second fight. Phone Post

I don't think he showed any improvement in that 2nd fight. The 1st round was just a continuation of Chael's wrestling dominance. The 2nd round, Andy had to blatantly grab the shorts to stop a take down, and let's not forget the greasing. That 2nd fight was truly bizarre.

For the record, Lutter (who has a very average record) mounted and would have finished Silva if he didn't gas due to a horrendous cut (Lutter's own fault). He gassed in full mount, in the 1st round.

This. Lutter, Hendo and even Belfort got him down. Maia was outlanding him in a round (I don't care if he was throwing a little tantrum during that fight or not).

Is he the best MW? Of course. Top 3 p4p? Yup. But to say he's the goat is absurd, in my opinion. Especially when GSP has fought far better opponents and rarely drops a round. Even when he loses rounds, they're never 10-8s. I think Jones will eclipse Silva too in the very near future.

Lol at this Anderson would Finnish any of gsps opponents in under a round and you would be a fool to think otherwise. Your clearly just a hater Phone Post

Subpar talent...Seriously? Anderson Silva finishes solid fighters. Look what he's done against former world champions...Vitor Belfort-KO, Dan Henderson-Sub, Rich Franklin-TKO and KO, Forrest Griffin-KO... Man hasn't lost a fight in nearly seven years. In that time he finished 14 of 16 opponents. How many people do that?

Tat2tillidie - 

He doesn't beat his opponents by out muscling them , he beats them because instead of just trying to get ripped and tattooed he choose to have healthy camps that focus on TDD , bjj , striking/ Muai tai , but most importantly technique ... Every episode of prime time he's always working on technique and sparring not just lifting weights ...

To me that is why he outclasses his opponents ...

His list of victories over great fighters and the fashion in which he got the win makes it that much more incredible ... His win streak ...

Do you agree or disagree ? Phone Post

Anderson also has a natural leverage, muscle, tendon strength that makes him deceptively strong for his build...He's a rare talent who sees and implemebts things that others can't...and he's just naturally very VERY durable....all this backed by incredible technique.

But the man is NOT weak.

BabyHand - 
what would sakuraba do - 5 loses to b graders outside the ufc(1 unsanctioned loss). Most of his ufc fights have been against questionable talent. Some of which dominated him. This totally disqualifies him. Gsp or jones. imo

Lol at this, this place fucking blows these days. He has beaten the best of the best, and you are gonna sit there like a little asshole and try to say otherwise? Phone Post

Name these "best of the best" fighters one by one and where do they rank in MMA history ?

BTW Hendo at 185 is not the same Hendo @ 205 or even 195. 185 Hendo loses to Jake Shields