Anderson Silva still with CR?

Anderson Silva said this after his fight with Cage Rage:

"This is my second home," the Brazilian stated. "I've been offered a one year contract to continue fighting for Cage Rage and I'm taking that back to Brazil. It's almost 100 percent confirmed".

Now, I know UFC.com has it confirmed that Silva has signed with them on a multi fight deal. Will he fight for both or??? Does anyone know whats the deal with this?

I was just about to say the same thing. I was a lil confused when I read that.

He is incredible, easily my favorite fighter in his weight class and almost made me cry when he left Chute Boxe. It hurt even more than when Pele left, probably cause Anderson isn't such a douche. That guy is fuckin SICK. I seriously love watching his fighting tech's.

Correct me if I'm wrong,but didnt Silva sign with the UFC awhile ago while he was still under contract with Pride?

"Correct me if I'm wrong,but didnt Silva sign with the UFC awhile ago while he was still under contract with Pride?"

Dont think so. The UFC just made the announcement today. I wonder if they're going to let him fight for both promotions...

I'm talking about when he signed around UFC 34 or so.

I believe SonesterSambo is correct, I could be wrong though

"I'm talking about when he signed around UFC 34 or so."

Ooooh, I'm not sure. he might have been with Pride. I know Yves Edwards has contracts with both Pride and the UFC right now so, who knows.

Anderson was supposed to fight at UFC 34 I think and was signed but then pulled out.

CR is a feeder for pride

thats why this anouncement caught me off guard

i guess the UFC offered him a nice deal, good enough to pull him away

"Correct me if I'm wrong,but didnt Silva sign with the UFC awhile ago while he was still under contract with Pride?"

I remember just after he best Sakurai in Shooto he supposedly signed with the UFC. Pride apparently came in with a bigger offer and he jumped ship. Not sure about the exact details, but that was the jest of it.

I also remember something about his manager agreeing verbally without his consent. It was a strange situation.

TTT

Well, dont forget, Cage Rage is a promotion that signs fights via fucking handshakes anyways. They probably dont have him locked in. I'd say, just to ingratiate themselves, UFC would sign him with an open contract too.

"Correct me if I'm wrong,but didnt Silva sign with the UFC awhile ago while he was still under contract with Pride? "

Gunjin is correct. I have a newspaper ad for UFC 34 where it lists Rizzo VS Couture and Newton VS Anderson Silva.