Anderson Silva's BJJ

Just curious if anyone has any in-depth knowledge of Silva's BJJ game. He's pulled off some nice subs in the cage, and the Nogueira brothers are obviously legit, but does anyone know how much time he still puts into his ground game or if he regularly taps other high level guys that he trains with?

RogansHero - Just curious if anyone has any in-depth knowledge of Silva's BJJ game. He's pulled off some nice subs in the cage, and the Nogueira brothers are obviously legit, but does anyone know how much time he still puts into his ground game or if he regularly taps other high level guys that he trains with?

Brb let me phone him and ask hows his jitz is going......................

sitchpack -
RogansHero - Just curious if anyone has any in-depth knowledge of Silva's BJJ game. He's pulled off some nice subs in the cage, and the Nogueira brothers are obviously legit, but does anyone know how much time he still puts into his ground game or if he regularly taps other high level guys that he trains with?

lol Phone Post

He obviously has amazing jiu jitsu judging by his ufc career alone. I would guess that he doesnt train enough bjj to win the top grappling tournaments though. Phone Post

There is noway he taps 'high level guys' in training. Silva is simply NOT a high level bjj blackbelt. Watch Maia vs. Chael then watch Silva suffering for four and a half rounds. That said, Silvas bjj has always been effective in the octagon. Phone Post

sitchpack - 

Sorry beat you to it, just got off the phone with him he said "Olá meus amigos, se você está perguntando sobre o meu Jiu Jitsu .. como os gringos dizem .... É fora do gancho"

hybridfc - There is noway he taps 'high level guys' in training. Silva is simply NOT a high level bjj blackbelt. Watch Maia vs. Chael then watch Silva suffering for four and a half rounds. That said, Silvas bjj has always been effective in the octagon. Phone Post
Lol, "watch silva suffering for 4.5 rounds"???? When will people understand that he had a broken rib?
Silva destroyed sonnen in the rematch.. Phone Post 3.0

hybridfc - There is noway he taps 'high level guys' in training. Silva is simply NOT a high level bjj blackbelt. Watch Maia vs. Chael then watch Silva suffering for four and a half rounds. That said, Silvas bjj has always been effective in the octagon. Phone Post
So you know that for a fact? You shouldn't say guys aren't high level and haven't tapped high level guys if you really don't know. Phone Post 3.0