Anderson:"U F'n momma's boy, where's ur JiuJitsu?"

Doesn't want to risk standing in the pocket? Silva was standing there with his hands at his waist, bent over with his chin stuck out.

Dude, even the TUF n00bs look down on you.

Kirks revenge - 
junon - i think hes just frustrated that hes fighting all these people who dont belong in there with him.

Thats what he would like you to believe, you fell for it. All that dancing and showboating is designed to give you that impression. Behind it is just a man who cannot find his range and doesn't want to risk standing in the pocket.

I agree.

I don't really understand the problem here. He talked some shit. Aren't head games part of it. Ali called Frazier some nasty things. Tyson went so far as to bite ears off. If that's not disrespectful...

Silva is becoming such a dick

Silva is awesome...some people are becoming too sensitive in this sport. Yea show sportmanship but strip all that down its a fight a fahqing fight

i think after Silva cures cancer he will move on to world peace

crazydave - 
NeoSpartan - 
Milford Cubicle - I'm seriously a bigger fan of Silva now, he's pissed so many people off, it's hilarious.

x10
Anderson is the shit. He's like Mohammed Ali, you HATE that you LOVE him because he's so goddamn good he can do whatever the fuck he wants

People will tune in thats for sure!

Seriously doubt that. Folks at the bar I was at were pissed and leaving. When it ended, they booed.

The only reason Silva became disrespectful is because Maia wouldn't throw a single punch. Cmon, the first punch Maia threw was in the third or so. I could understand Silva's frustration. Your in the UFC, fighting for the championship, and you can't throw a single punch? People should be more pissed at Maia than Anderson.

Im not gonna say Im not pissed at Silva. I am, he could have knocked Maia out whenever he wanted, but he is still the champ and he still is the best p4p. Until either Vitor or GSP knocks him off his high horse, expect more of this "entertaining" fighting.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad58/ZekeDynasty/ASilvaFootLong.jpg

already made a thread with this, but that's sinking into obscurity. thought it would be relevant here as well. i think this sums up the bout.

blue namer please? thanks

Bad Karma - Maia had no business being in the same ring with Anderson, he was way outclassed.

I don't know, Maia got stronger as the fight went on, and arguably won the 5th round, and possibly the 4th. You don't decide someone was outclassed by what you think someone could have done, you judge by what actually happens in the fight. And what actually happened was that Anderson couldn't put Maia away ... in fact Anderson had a strong start, and a weak finish.

And yes, I know its because Anderson is a counter puncher who's never KO'd anyone who doesn't attack aggressively, punching with hands down, but even there, Maia was doing some of that at the end, and Anderson seemed just too tired to take advantage of it.

"Anderson seemed just too tired to take advantage of it."

I dont buy that excuse. He was too tired to take advantage of what he had asked for 20 minutes but he was fresh enough to try and beat Kalib Starnes octagon sprint time?

I would keep the energy drinks and monster trucks away from him, because Anderson's bipolar antics of late are pointing to a Rampage like breakdown.

shit talking is present in every sport.

It's a sad day for MMA when fans actually give props to a champion that acts like a complete jackass in the octagon. Those of you that think it's sooooo cool what Anderson did are morons with no respect for the purity of martial arts and the purity of competition. Grow up.

D3structo - Was there a lot of pre-fight shit talking? I dont remember there being any bad blood before this fight.

We will never know the shit that gets talked in Brazil, and I won't even mention the shit talk between camps.

NeoSpartan - 
Milford Cubicle - I'm seriously a bigger fan of Silva now, he's pissed so many people off, it's hilarious.

x10

Anderson is the shit. He's like Mohammed Ali, you HATE that you LOVE him because he's so goddamn good he can do whatever the fuck he wants
No, no, no, no no.  Please don't compare Silva to Mohammed Ali.  Ali did a lot of shit talking and clowing around in the ring.  But he'd then proceed to dismantle every opponent.  I love that.   Silva shit talks and clowns, then runs half the fight.  He fought scared.  Ali never did.

Soup and Beer - 
NeoSpartan - 

x10

No, no, no, no no.  Please don't compare Silva to Mohammed Ali.  Ali did a lot of shit talking and clowing around in the ring.  But he'd then proceed to dismantle every opponent.  I love that.   Silva shit talks and clowns, then runs half the fight.  He fought scared.  Ali never did.

boxers take rounds off all the time when they are ahead on the score cards

Anderson vs Nick Diaz. The in fight trash talk would be epic.

"He was saying some shit in Portugese and then that sneaky fucker hit me with a super hadouken punch or something" - Nick Diaz post fight comments after fight with Silva

it is a FIGHT, who gives a shit you aren't supposed to be hugging each other.

I guess Ali should be shit on as well lol.

With that said Silva still fought like a bitch

Done Dotta - boxers take rounds off all the time when they are ahead on the score cards
That's true, but not to the extent Silva did.  There's a big difference in taking a round or two in a 12 rounder off and actually RUNNING AWAY for 40% of the fight. 

How stupid would Ali have looked showboating and clowning then completely running away the last 5 rounds to a decision?  That wouldn't have been well received in boxing either friend.