Anderson wants jones

88samurai88 -
subwrassler - 192-194 imo

Didnt jones camp say he would be "near death" at that weight?...which is bullshit,sounds like tito/cyborg crap... Phone Post

Jones is a BIG 205'er. So for him to cut would be incredibly hard. The kid is looking at moving to heavyweight so to cut down to 195 his nickname would be apt, bones. Phone Post

da Vinci 81 - 

Why wouldn't he just go to 205 for the belt and then vacate it right after? Add to his legacy and not get in the way of his teammates.

Does anyone really think if this was the stipulation the UFC wouldn't accommodate it to allow one of the biggest superfights in history to take place?

Either way a catchweight or 205 it still ties up jones so what's the concern about hindering his teammates?

Or will anderson simply price himself out and ask for a lopsided catch weight that jones can't make like he's been doing already? Phone Post

Mostly because that's your plan, not his.

Again, if he did take the belt and vacate it the next thing that would happen is that Anderson would be a coward for not fighting Gustafsson and the other 205lb contenders.

You think the 'fans' would let him off the hook if he beat Jones in a division that is not his own. Nope. He would be a coward for not defending it at that point, he and his management already know that, that's why it's stupid to play that game.

Why not Jones fighting at 185lb? It makes just about as much sense, which is basically none.

Don't play the belt game, just make the fight, that's the smartest move.

88samurai88 - 

Didnt jones camp say he would be "near death" at that weight?...which is bullshit,sounds like tito/cyborg crap... Phone Post

This is awesome. It's been conventional wisdom for the past couple years that Jones is a natural HW who's picking on smaller fighters at 205. Now, it's a given that he can cut most of the way down to MW without any effect on his performance.

MMA fans are fucking clowns.

I'd love to see Silva just go straight to 205 for the fight with no catch weight

subwrassler - 192-194 imo

It be nice if possible but its a bit too much. 198-200 is probably his limit. Either way it has to be catch weight if silva fights him at his weight class jones will be way too beefed up for silva.

RyannVonDoom -
88samurai88 - 

I'm sorry, have you cut weight before?

Yup i took about a 3 pound shit on my lunch break..had to cut the hanging turd with scissors... Phone Post

88samurai88 - 
RyannVonDoom -
88samurai88 - 

Yup i took about a 3 pound shit on my lunch break..had to cut the hanging turd with scissors... Phone Post

You think that these guys weigh in with full bowels and bladders?

ABE FROMAN -
da Vinci 81 -  Why wouldn't he just go to 205 for the belt and then vacate it right after? Add to his legacy and not get in the way of his teammates.

Does anyone really think if this was the stipulation the UFC wouldn't accommodate it to allow one of the biggest superfights in history to take place?

Either way a catchweight or 205 it still ties up jones so what's the concern about hindering his teammates?

Or will anderson simply price himself out and ask for a lopsided catch weight that jones can't make like he's been doing already? Phone Post

Again, if he did take the belt and vacate it the next thing that would happen is that Anderson would be a coward for not fighting Gustafsson and the other 205lb contenders.

You think the 'fans' would let him off the hook if he beat Jones in a division that is not his own. Nope. He would be a coward for not defending it at that point, he and his management already know that, that's why it's stupid to play that game.

Why not Jones fighting at 185lb? It makes just about as much sense, which is basically none.

So what's Anderson's plan then? Ask for a catchweight that jones cant make and a price the UFC won't pay? Because that's all he's done so far.

And if Anderson stated his intention to vacate right after it wouldn't be a big deal at all. He wants big fights and the biggest fight out there is a 205 pound title fight. Big money and it adds to his legacy.

And if you think people will call him a coward for leaving the 205 division right after what will they call him for wanting a catchweight? How is that better than beating the 205 champ in his own weightclass? Phone Post

Tbh I would rather Anderson face Jones at 205, beating Bones in his own weight class and taking his belt would give the victory a lot more meaning.

But don't get me wrong, if they decide to meet at a catchweight I wont be complaining.

And BTW LOL @ the excuse about Anderson not wanting to fight for the belt at 205 because it's "disrespectful" to Nog and Lyoto. Like Zuffa is going to put a gun to his head and force him to defend the belt at LHW if he beats Jones.

Phisher -
88samurai88 - 
RyannVonDoom -
88samurai88 - 

You think that these guys weigh in with full bowels and bladders?

That's where they've been going wrong all these years.
Diego should have taken that turd he was hanging on to before the weigh in on the weekend. Phone Post

I posted this like 2 weeks ago Phone Post

da Vinci 81 - 
ABE FROMAN -
da Vinci 81 -  Why wouldn't he just go to 205 for the belt and then vacate it right after? Add to his legacy and not get in the way of his teammates.

So what's Anderson's plan then? Ask for a catchweight that jones cant make and a price the UFC won't pay? Because that's all he's done so far.

And if Anderson stated his intention to vacate right after it wouldn't be a big deal at all. He wants big fights and the biggest fight out there is a 205 pound title fight. Big money and it adds to his legacy.

And if you think people will call him a coward for leaving the 205 division right after what will they call him for wanting a catchweight? How is that better than beating the 205 champ in his own weightclass? Phone Post

He already stated his plan multiple times, fight Jones and not intefere in his teammates Light Heavyweight belt hunt.

Everything Anderson does is a big deal, and if he beat Jones it doesn't matter what he says, the fans would be all over him for Machida, Gustafsson, Glover and everybody else. You can say it now but everybody knows better.

Besides, what's the deal with Anderson being forced to make the weight? Why does it fall on Anderson to make Jones's weight class giving him every advantage? 

Phisher - "Ball is now in Jones court. " Is it really? You think that Jones has any prayer of making 192 or 195 or whatever weight that Silva is demanding?

I love how is one Portuguese interview he throw out a random weight in kg and the haters use the term "demanding"....lol

He just doesn't want the belt on the line and weight to not be so lopsided. They will negotiate and end up around 200. Phone Post

fuck champions that don't want their belts on the line... it's fucking stupid

Phisher -

And BTW LOL @ the excuse about Anderson not wanting to fight for the belt at 205 because it's "disrespectful" to Nog and Lyoto. Like Zuffa is going to put a gun to his head and force him to defend the belt at LHW if he beats Jones.

He has said he would never font for that belt out of respect for them since before Jones had 5 pro fights.

Dana has said no one gets two belts at the same time on many occassions.

Just shut the fuck up and enjoy the fact that we are getting closer to this fight actually happening. Sheesh. Phone Post

RobinVanRooney - 
Phisher -

He isn't buy the fans will and its not worth the bullshit, you know like they're doing now? Phone Post

The fans are going to force Anderson to defend a second world title? We can't even force him to defend the one that he was now.

LOL This is seriously one of the most illogical excuses that I've ever heard.

Oh and IN before goku turns this into ducking Weidman.... Phone Post

LOL, @ the 'excuse' that Anderson has had since before Jones was a contender. 

This is why Anderson should never fight at 205, the fans suck.

204lb catchweight.