Anderson wants to fight Fedor

yahoo:

White said that Silva also expressed an interest in fighting heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko, who is under contract with Affliction. White has made several attempts to sign Emelianenko, none successful.

Soares confirmed that Silva would like a fight with Emelianenko and said that size wouldn’t be an issue. Silva walks around between fights at 215 and Emelianenko fights around 230.

“We’d come in at about 220 if we ever got that fight,” Soares said. “Anderson thinks that would be a great fight for him. He didn’t say he expected to blow him out, but he thinks he can give him a very good fight.”

"But Fedor would inevitably ground and pound his face into dust."

Anderson is not TK.

Silva by just better skills, this guy is on another level...even compared to Fedor

Everyone wants to fight the best.

Apparently Barnett doesn't.

Fedor would pop his head like a zit. Anderson should stick to calling out Roy Jones.

just look at nog vs. fedor, that's what'll happen, Fedor isn't scared of Anderson's guard, it would be ground and pound non stop.

Anderson might want to think of beating guys at LHW first instead of wanting the top dog at HW.

This is like GSP wanting a shot at Rampage and ignoring Anderson in the process.

lol, Silva asking that fight is like a little poodle barking at a Pit Bull behind the safety of his master.  He knows damned well that fight can never happen which is why he asks for it.

if silva can handle some lhws, then this won't seem as preposterous. until then it ranks up there with him calling out roy jones jr.

Jetster - Silva by just better skills, this guy is on another level...even compared to Fedor

lol whatever you say.

Fedor Emelianenko- 29-1-0

Anderso Silva- 24-4-0

I guess Anderson just left his skills at home those 4 fights, huh?

Silva would have only the slimmest of chances to win the fight. I mean, he has been so impressive lately not wanting to engage. HAHA. Fedor would maul him like a bear.

orcus - "But Fedor would inevitably ground and pound his face into dust."

Anderson is not TK.

Anderson is also not as good as Nog on the ground - who in his prime was the greatest MMA-submissions fighter ever, and who took one of the most brutal sustained GnP beatdowns in MMA history from Fedor.

And who never even remotely had Fedor in any submissions danger at all off his back.

Anderson will have never had anyone even close to as strong, heavy, and controlling - with as powerful GnP AND submissions skill - as Fedor on top of him before.

While Fedor dominated on the ground the man who gave Anderson his BB, and who was a bigger and better BJJ fighter than Anderson.

orcus -  Apparently Barnett doesn't.

nice.

i must admit though, this fight would be huge in terms of hype and interest. there'd be major crow eating no matter who won.

DaddyDirtyShogunnedMe - 
Jetster - Silva by just better skills, this guy is on another level...even compared to Fedor

lol whatever you say.

Fedor Emelianenko- 29-1-0

Anderso Silva- 24-4-0

I guess Anderson just left his skills at home those 4 fights, huh?

Silva of today would easilly beat any of the fighters that beat him in under 5 minutes.I think Fedor would be the favorite but it be a good fight for the fans

Soup and Beer -  lol, Silva asking that fight is like a little poodle barking at a Pit Bull behind the safety of his master.  He knows damned well that fight can never happen which is why he asks for it.

Bull shit. Anderson would jump at the chance to fight Fedor. He would get destroyed, but he doesnt strike me as the type who would be afraid to fight anyone.

wat?

"Anderson might want to think of beating guys at LHW first instead of wanting the top dog at HW."

There's no meaningful difference in size between Fedor and most LHWs. Or even between Fedor and the big MWs.

"
I guess Anderson just left his skills at home those 4 fights, huh?"

Or maybe he didn't yet have the same level of skill 5+ years ago, huh?

R.I.P.