Anderson would get Haped by GSP at Welter Weight!

UGCTT_Suess - 
EpicConfessions - 
CKH09 - <b>I just don't see GSP being able to eat a Silva punch. </b> He did get brutally ko'd by a LW.

I agree, he'd actually have to get punched in the face to eat a Silva punch and I just don't see that happening.
the problem is if silva wants to hit you, he usually can...

True. I'm not sure he'd even have to hit GSP with a clean shot to hurt him. And at some point GSP will get hit with clean strike and I just don't think he would take it well. There isn't really anyway I can see GSP finishing this fight and I think Silva could finish it in multiple ways.

IF?????

IF?????

I am thoroughly looking forward to this fight at 170.

If GSP is anything like his old self, it will be a very competitive fight.

We will have to see how he does against Condit. Coming back from major surgery...

kkmmnn - OP is correct, GSP would dominate Silva at 170

and andy deserves it for taking the easy route..

lol,

its jones or become a skeleton, and he chose skeletor

Daverr - 
kkmmnn - OP is correct, GSP would dominate Silva at 170

and andy deserves it for taking the easy route..

lol,

its jones or become a skeleton, and he chose skeletor

So you are saying it will be He-Man vs. Skeletor.

Regardless, it will be an epic fight.

GSP will probably lose his title before he ever fights Anderson Silva. The division is a bit more beefy now and he hasn't fought in forever. He might get lit up his first fight.

This will be very exciting.

I can't wait to see Silva at 170.

ufc98newb - 
TeamRenzo - 
reverend john - If you mean taken down and laid on for five rounds you may be correct

rev

Really? Do you even watch GSP fights?

i'm not saying this is how gsp fights go, but i do think this would be his most realistic way to beat anderson. he knows the tools anderson has and would be ultra conservative no doubt. and forget about those jabbing spectacles hes put on in his last couple fights. that's not even an option.

I think GSP could definitely pass Andersons guard, whther he would be able to dmaage Anderson though who knows? But Id like to see it.

Anderson vs Diaz at 175 in February. Winner fight GSP

EpicConfessions - 
CKH09 - I just don't see GSP being able to eat a Silva punch. He did get brutally ko'd by a LW.

I agree, he'd actually have to get punched in the face to eat a Silva punch and I just don't see that happening.

I know man!!! The way GSP dodged every single strike that K1- Jake Shields threw at him....

Come on broham. Be realistic...there is not a single fighter on GSP's resume that strikes like Anderson strikes. Not even close.

MercWaMouth85 - 
UGCTT_Suess -
EpicConfessions - 
CKH09 - I just don't see GSP being able to eat a Silva punch. He did get brutally ko'd by a LW.

the problem is if silva wants to hit you, he usually can...

If GSP wants to take you down he usually can. If chael can take down Ando then GSP can too. Let's not forget GSP was taking down Rashid fucking Evans and if he can do that I'm sure Ando won't be a problem. Phone Post

So you want to compare Sonnen, who had limited success overall in TDs on Anderson (50%), and also use some training stories where a teammate was trying to build GSP's wrestling up, as your evidence that GSP would take Andy down at will?

ortman166 - Lol at the delusion in this thread. Anderson would starch gsp, especially if it was a 5 rounder. Phone Post

At welterweight I think your the one that is delusional. If we were talking middle weight I would see your point even at a catchweight, but 170 is the land of GSP Phone Post

EpicConfessions - 

Yes, because Anderson Silva has so much trouble with accuracy and hitting people in the face. Hmmmm.

GSP would get brutalized. He has a 20% chance at most. But I think the odds would be more like -200 Anderson, I foresee GSP being massively overpriced by the betting public.

Anderson is a nightmare matchup for Georges. People that think the other way round got it all muddled. GSP is very technical fighter - nobody out-techniques Anderson. GSP would not be able to strike on the feet long at all with Anderson, and GSP would have major problems with his takedowns.

What GSP does best is control distance. Anderson is the GOAT at controlling distance. It would be Anderson dictating the distance they fought at. GSP would be very hesitant, like all of Anderson's opponents, because they know the big danger in comitting to anything, whether it be a takedown or a strike.

To have any shot of handling Anderson you have to fight crazy hyper aggressive like Chael, but even that didn't work out well for Chael when Anderson was healthy. If you sit back and try to be technical, Anderson will quickly find your timing and KO you with a jab if you're lucky, or brutalize with an onslaught like Franklin if you aren't lucky.

Also GSP relies on his reach advantage a lot, he has one of the longest reaches at WW. Obviously against Anderson he'd be at a disadvantage. He'd look like a child trying to come into Anderson's range. It would look very similar to one of Jon Jones' fights.

I believe Anderson would TKO GSP within the first 2 rounds, depending on how long Anderson decided to clown him. It would be a mismatch and everyone would mock GSP after - very undeservedly. There is no shame in getting destroyed by Anderson, because that's what Anderson does. But I foresee this being perceived as a black mark on GSP's legacy, which would be wrong.

Anderson Silva murders GSP.

travis lutter handled anderson in grappleing b4 he gassed

at 170 AS is a skeleton

gsp wins, AS maybe a hard fight for gsp,

but it goes both ways my friend

MercWaMouth85 - Let's not forget GSP was taking down Rashid fucking Evans and if he can do that I'm sure Ando won't be a problem.

That was from the Dan Hardy primetime, as a way to hype up GSP's wrestling. We have no idea if GSP failed 100 takedowns on Rashad prior to that or not, it means nothing. Also without strikes involved it totally changes everything, especially fi the other guy is the most lethal striker in MMA history.
UGCTT_LnPnnija - I know man!!! The way GSP dodged every single strike that K1- Jake Shields threw at him....

Indeed. Shields' height seemed to be giving GSP problems (even before the eyepoke). I find it hard to believe how anyone could favor GSP over Anderson. I wouldn't touch GSP on this fight unless he was +400 or better, which he wouldn't be.
Jeon Sa - At welterweight I think your the one that is delusional. If we were talking middle weight I would see your point even at a catchweight, but 170 is the land of GSP

Anderson is Anderson at any weight. He fought 167 before and was ranked #1 there. He was at 195 a week before the Maia or Belfort fight (forget which one), that's not even with cutting water weight. I doubt Anderson has a problem making 170. He isn't really much bigger than GSP, who according to Firas weighed 194 in the cage against Shields.

Saying it's the "land of GSP" reeks of delusion. Anderson would take over just like he always does. Anderson has been ranked #1 at WW, at MW, and after the Forrest fight was top 5 at LHW - and also would be favored over every single LHW except Jones.

Everyone talks about how GSP would take down Silva for 5 rounds, but does anyone else feel that Anderson has strangely inconsistent TDD in fights?

Like in round 1 of both his second one with Sonnen and the Hendo fight, he gets taken down and held there pretty easily. In round 2 of the sonnen fight though, he seemed to keep his balance and fend off the level change pretty well, and even forced Hendo to pull guard off a failed TD.

GSP has unbelievable chain wrestling and is a really sublime MMA takedown artist, but it's just something to think about Phone Post

Zed Wayne Zed -
reverend john - If you mean taken down and laid on for five rounds you may be correct

rev

Hmm...that's a funny comment.

Seeing a you're a green name, we both know GSP would beat you 100 times out of 100.

Do what he's done, then start cutting up the top dogs.

Georges is the man, get in line.

Hmm do u know what Anderson has done u fool? Lol Phone Post

gaycuckold - 

Everyone talks about how GSP would take down Silva for 5 rounds, but does anyone else feel that Anderson has strangely inconsistent TDD in fights?

Like in round 1 of both his second one with Sonnen and the Hendo fight, he gets taken down and held there pretty easily. In round 2 of the sonnen fight though, he seemed to keep his balance and fend off the level change pretty well, and even forced Hendo to pull guard off a failed TD.

GSP has unbelievable chain wrestling and is a really sublime MMA takedown artist, but it's just something to think about Phone Post

yes, and gsp mma wrestling trumps both sonnens and hendos, and lutters

Significant Strike Accuracy

Rank Fighter Total
1 Anderson Silva 67.6%

Significant Strike Defense

Rank Fighter Total
1 Jon Madsen 81.4%
2 Georges St-Pierre 75.6%