Anderson's Chin

He took some solid punches from Sonnen and Maia and looked to be hurt a little bit...neither has shown KO power though Maia rocked Munoz but he's developed leaps since his fight with the spider...Andy hasn't been knocked out or tkoed but I think thats largely part of his distance and evasion of strikes...I don't see how his chin is held in such high regard, though he deffiently doesn't have a glass chin but probably above average but not the most granite...Converse Phone Post

It doesn't get tested much, so we don't really know.

Saying he has a great chin is definitely a stretch though, as would be saying he has a weak chin...

When's the last time he fought a heavy puncher and actually got hit?

crickets

DarkReflection - Go revisit his fight with Henderson...check out the bombs Silva walks through.

Cheers

-DR

Hmm will do good sir Phone Post

he didn't look hurt per se against Maia, he was just tagged a few times after he gassed out. Getting rocked by Sonnen was pretty goddamn surprising though.

Oh, and someone post the Jorge Rivera gif.

46and2 - It doesn't get tested much, so we don't really know.

Saying he has a great chin is definitely a stretch though, as would be saying he has a weak chin...

When's the last time he fought a heavy puncher and actually got hit?

*crickets*

I couldn't agree more to be honest...the heaviest hands he fought in recent times are Irvin, cote, hendo, vitor, and leben...none of which were able to either connect solid or lack the technical skill to do so Phone Post

KevinMcAllister -
 For The Metal

Thanks man but the vid don't work :( haha which one was it I will look it up later Phone Post

he ate riveras clinch shots like nothing.

and alot of his earlier fights he takes a good amount of shots. Phone Post

ZugZug - Was just about to mention the Rivera fight.

He was knocked out in his first boxing match but the guy must have hit hard because Anderson's chin is solid.

Not zombie-esque like Leben or something but among the best.

I don't want to come across as a nuthugger but I really do question the authenticity of the boxing match. The only source for it is boxrec and it allegedly was added to Silva's record (which was 1-0) after he called out Roy Jones. There's TONS of guys in Brazil named Anderson Silva (a good amount in MMA in fact) so it may well be another guy being mistaken for the Spider.

KevinMcAllister -  It's The Metal by Tenacious D

Good song homie Phone Post

KevinMcAllister -
Datguy -  he ate riveras clinch shots like nothing.

and alot of his earlier fights he takes a good amount of shots. Phone Post

Haha damn I haven't seen that before thanks alot...that's a younger and a more dangerous Jorge unloading and he didn't flinch...Impressive Phone Post

He uses his timing very well, and knows how to roll with punches better than anyone else I have seen in MMA. 

In other words, he excels at turning his head right at the moment of impact, which dramatically weakens the power of strikes (punches).

I think he has a solid chin. He took hard shots from Hendo in the clinch and look great. Right after he dropped him.

He is the best fighter in MMA history without a dought!

japetto - He uses his timing very well, and knows how to roll with punches better than anyone else I have seen in MMA. 

In other words, he excels at turning his head right at the moment of impact, which dramatically weakens the power of strikes (punches).

He can roll better then Penn as well? I think BJ does a fantastic job as well Phone Post

I think he walked through some hard shots from Franklin too.

MonsterBalls - 
JordanSmith - He is the best fighter in MMA history without a dought!

I wouldn't go that far.

*doubt

Yeah relax. THE best MMA fighter ever means he can beat pretty much everyone, not just guys in the weakest weight division in MMA.

I can fill upm this page w/ guys he will never beat.

We can start w/ Jon Bones Jones...Cain....JDS....Overeem

Heck, I don't think he'll even beat Chael in the rematch.

"When's the last time he fought a heavy puncher and actually got hit? "

Henderson landed flush, as did Franklin.

"THE best MMA fighter ever means he can beat pretty much everyone, not just guys in the weakest weight division in MMA."

Your definition doesn't match most other people's. Most boxing fans consider SRR the best boxer ever, and not Muhammad Ali.

What is your basis for calling middleweight the weakest weight division? 

SKARHEAD - 
MonsterBalls - 
JordanSmith - He is the best fighter in MMA history without a dought!

I wouldn't go that far.

*doubt

Yeah relax. THE best MMA fighter ever means he can beat pretty much everyone, not just guys in the weakest weight division in MMA.

I can fill upm this page w/ guys he will never beat.

We can start w/ Jon Bones Jones...Cain....JDS....Overeem

Heck, I don't think he'll even beat Chael in the rematch.

Well Im saying if you compared stats then he is the best. I also think he can defeat a lot of heavyweights out there if he wanted too. I think he could go for the LHW title if he wanted to. The only guy in my opinion that would give him a hard time is bones. In a rematch with sonnen I think he would finish him faster. Sonnen has no submission defence.

He let Chael hit him numerous times on purpose towards the end of the fight as if to say I can take this all day

Anderson is a monster. His chin is unbelievable. I've never even seen him bleed. He even looked better than Chael after their fight. Phone Post