Andre Galvao: Drill to Win

Just wondering if anyone has purchased this book and curious of some reviews. Thanks for your time.

Just ordered it online along with jiu jitsu university, the only thing that sucks is I have no one to drill with. However, I understand that there are alot of solo drills to do.

I'm interested to know from those that have the book how the drilling has improved your game ect.

I own a copy and it is an AWESOME book. The amount of information is unbelievable. He has sections on wrestling, judo, gymanstics, balancing etc. Many of the drills are partner drills but a substantial amount are solo drills that you can do at home or at your academy prior to or after class.

I got the book and its awesome. life got busy and I wasn't able to go through all of it, but while I was drilling, I definitely gained more body control and became more aware of my movements. Of course, I had only been training for about 2 years at that time I didn't have much awareness to begin with.

freefaller21 - Just ordered it online along with jiu jitsu university, the only thing that sucks is I have no one to drill with. However, I understand that there are alot of solo drills to do.

I'm interested to know from those that have the book how the drilling has improved your game ect.

It's a good book but there aren't that many solo drills. I would guess only about 5% are solo.

ju jiu - 
freefaller21 - Just ordered it online along with jiu jitsu university, the only thing that sucks is I have no one to drill with. However, I understand that there are alot of solo drills to do.

It's a good book but there aren't that many solo drills. I would guess only about 5% are solo.

it depends on the section. I would say 95% of the balancing, flexibility, and strength and conditioning drills are solo drills or can easily be modified to be done solo.

Thanks for all the positive remarks guys!!! I really take my time working with the athletes, so I am glad that these things are well received! Happy 2011!

Kevin Howell

I agree that Drill to win and Jiu jitsu University should be required reading for all BJJ students! They are awesome learning tools and training references!

Bought the book and it is one of the best Jiu Jitsu reads in a while. Thank you Mr. Howell for being part of a great product.

If you don't already own it, buy it! Must have!

The techniques in the book improved what I already knew. Its a great tool to look through when I got lost in positions

I just got the book yesterday! It is a very detailed and looks to be a great tool for learning!