Andre Ward in ring demonstration

)

Ward explaining some of his tactics

Thanks for posting that. Phone Post 3.0

"All-terrain fighter" describes him well. He can seemingly do it all, at any range. Proven against high level competition not just against carefully picked opponents.

Still getting better too. Just turned 30 so he has a few years of excellence ahead.

lol. Not a fan of his Martin?

lol

I think that I might be one of the few, but I truly enjoy watching Ward fight and feel that he is as good as the sport has to offer in this day and age. Hopefully, in the next couple of years, he can be far more active and fight guys like GGG, Kovalev and Stevenson. Phone Post 3.0

I'm a fan. I think Andre has excellent skills and represents the sport of boxing very well. He's fought some very talented opposition and has proven to be a class ahead. Froch, Dawson, Kessler Abraham, Green, and Miranda makes for an impressive resume. I'd like to see a mega fight too with GGG, but I'd take Ward going away.

I agree with you, I love to watch GGG fight as well, but at this point in their respective careers, I would feel fairly safe betting my money on Ward if that fight takes place in the near future. I would actually like to see Ward fight Stevenson & Kovalev and see GGG drop down 154 and call out Floyd. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah you would probably have to favour Ward over GGG. Still love to see it. Other than Ward there aren't too many around his weight you would pick over him

Would love to see Ward and Kovalev fight. Two guys I dont think anyone else can beat

i've had the opportunity to see ward train up close and personal and he hasn't even tapped into his full potential yet and unfortunately like roy jones he might not. ward has basically cruised through the toughest guys at 168. he hasn't had a frantic moment or real pressure, he's forced everyone to fight in the style and pace that he wants them too. unless he goes up to 175 and fight kovalev, stevenson wouldn't do much nor would pascal and then go to cruser before you really see him challenged. ward has another gear he could go into if needed

You think he would beat Kovalev, Pharochuck?

Yes I do. His combination of speed and strength and mastery of his style give him edges that power just can't over come. Ward is truly a master of his way of fighting, knows all the nuances, thinks it through. He's like Floyd in that way that they always know just what they want to do and know exactly how to bend guys to their rhythm and always seem a step ahead without seeming like they are going all out. They don't really mention how physically strong he is and how good his balance is but there is a reason that he just manhandles world class guys in the clinch Phone Post 3.0

Froch was surprised with his strength couldn't match him on the outside, tried clinching and ward was more than happy to go inside.
Froch tried taking him to the trenches as he puts it but ward more than matched him.

Was starting to get fatigued but was more ahead than some score cards had him. Phone Post 3.0

Relevant Phone Post 3.0

Froch said he got him right where he wanted him numerous times but Ward was a lot stronger than he thought and it was preventing him from pulling the trigger.

He's miles better than everyone at SMW and would be too good for GGG I think.

Kovalev would be a different story.

I think a fight with Adonis Stevenson would be an ugly affair, a real snoozer. Phone Post 3.0

Frames4Life - Froch said he got him right where he wanted him numerous times but Ward was a lot stronger than he thought and it was preventing him from pulling the trigger.

He's miles better than everyone at SMW and would be too good for GGG I think.

Kovalev would be a different story.

I think a fight with Adonis Stevenson would be an ugly affair, a real snoozer. Phone Post 3.0

ward-kovalev or ward-stevenson at 175 are definitely fights i want to see. i simply dont think ggg has enough horsepower to do much with ward

In Phone Post 3.0

Beautiful stuff. Thanks for posting at, OP!

Ward is the man Phone Post 3.0

martinburke -
Chappie - I agree with you, I love to watch GGG fight as well, but at this point in their respective careers, I would feel fairly safe betting my money on Ward if that fight takes place in the near future. I would actually like to see Ward fight Stevenson & Kovalev and see GGG drop down 154 and call out Floyd. Phone Post 3.0

Yep, those are the two that interest me.

I'd be shocked if mayweather ever agreed to it.
Could GGG even make 154? Phone Post 3.0