Android vs. iPhone App

Sorry if this has been discussed a dozen times, but I'm on my phone because I'm between places and can't search the forums.

I'm getting an S4 and the App I use the most is the UG/OG App. What am I losing/gaining by moving to the paid app on the Android platform?

Ads?
Can you type in landscape?
Do links open correctly?
Vids play correctly? Phone Post 3.0

No Phone Post

Sennin - No Phone Post
Excellent. Also, does it magically close/crash like the iPhone app? Phone Post 3.0

Only if you try to refresh a thread you're following. Or post. Phone Post

Sennin - Only if you try to refresh a thread you're following. Or post. Phone Post
It's really that terrible? FML.

Mods when do to fix this shit? Phone Post 3.0

bruised -
Sennin - Only if you try to refresh a thread you're following. Or post. Phone Post
It's really that terrible? FML.

Mods when do to fix this shit? Phone Post 3.0

Ahahahahahaha!

You should make a thread asking about them fixing/updating the Android app. Seems to be pretty effective. Phone Post

Tiresias -
pennviachoke - 

The android app runs pretty smooth..a few bugs that I've learned to live with are: it will open itself after closing, so you have to make sure & kill your running apps. No refreshing with the refresh button(you have to back out & reenter the thread). Couple others but I've gotten use to them & they're not that bad. Phone Post

You can just refresh with the 'last' button.

Thank you both - glad to hear I won't be miserable. Phone Post 3.0

bruised - Sorry if this has been discussed a dozen times, but I'm on my phone because I'm between places and can't search the forums.

I'm getting an S4 and the App I use the most is the UG/OG App. What am I losing/gaining by moving to the paid app on the Android platform?

Ads?
Can you type in landscape?
Do links open correctly?
Vids play correctly? Phone Post 3.0

No ads... anymore.
I typed this in landscape.
Not all the time. Sometimes it opens up the MMA.tv website.
Yes. Phone Post

but dude... why not just wait for the Note 3? It's coming out this month and it's more powerful than the S4. Phone Post

Tiresias -
pennviachoke -  The android app runs pretty smooth..a few bugs that I've learned to live with are: it will open itself after closing, so you have to make sure & kill your running apps. No refreshing with the refresh button(you have to back out & reenter the thread). Couple others but I've gotten use to them & they're not that bad. Phone Post

You can just refresh with the 'last' button.

Yeah I assumed everyone just hit "last" to refresh. Phone Post

The huge gripe that we have with this app is that we get swept under the rug when it comes to the "updates". iPhones get the priority and we're left being treated like second class citizens.

MMA.tv should learn how to run a fucking business and not play favorites. Phone Post

The Blizz - The huge gripe that we have with this app is that we get swept under the rug when it comes to the "updates". iPhones get the priority and we're left being treated like second class citizens.

MMA.tv should learn how to run a fucking business and not play favorites. Phone Post
Don't be too jealous. The iPhone app is buggy as fuck. Phone Post 3.0

The Blizz - but dude... why not just wait for the Note 3? It's coming out this month and it's more powerful than the S4. Phone Post
I heard it's going to be big as hell and I already have a tablet. Also, my company pays my cell phone bill and is letting me switch from Sprint to Verizon. Sprint is terrible here and I don't want them to change their minds so I'm getting the S4 and switching right away. Phone Post 3.0

bruised -
The Blizz - but dude... why not just wait for the Note 3? It's coming out this month and it's more powerful than the S4. Phone Post
I heard it's going to be big as hell and I already have a tablet. Also, my company pays my cell phone bill and is letting me switch from Sprint to Verizon. Sprint is terrible here and I don't want them to change their minds so I'm getting the S4 and switching right away. Phone Post 3.0

oh ok, well the S4 is the right choice then. Phone Post

just make a shortcut.