Anemia, TME

Had emergency small bowel resection surgery on Friday, and was told that I've got anemia. They've prescribed iron supplements but apparently it's gonna take a while to get back to normal. Anyone dealt with this? Aside from the obvious "eat red meat" and "you will be tired and weak", what do I need to know? I get a kind of dizziness when I stand and have pressure at the bridge of my nose. Could these be related to the anemia weakness? I've always been strong and healthy and this has really thrown me for a loop. Any help is very appreciated. Phone Post 3.0

What, all of a sudden ya'll some healthy motherfuckers? Phone Post 3.0

What symptoms did you have before if any, and what happens if it goes untreated?

I have nothing to tell though, good luck. Phone Post 3.0

Cubensis - What symptoms did you have before if any, and what happens if it goes untreated?

I have nothing to tell though, good luck. Phone Post 3.0
None. Apparently this is all a result of the surgery and subsequent hospital stay. I never thought of anemia as something really serious, just something people took a supplement for. But if this is that, god damn it's making me feel gnarly. Phone Post 3.0

I also don't know what happens if it goes untreated. I assume just constant fatigue/weakness. My diet would sort it out eventually I think as I certainly don't avoid red meat, but I want to kick this ASAP. Nutritionist told me 6 months to a year before going back to where I was. Seems insane to me that 1 surgery and a week in the hospital would require that long to get my levels back. Phone Post 3.0