Ann Osman named Time Next Generation Leader

Dreville79 - 
Kirik -
BirdWatcher - 
Kirik -

With media focusing on fighters calling each names, it is awesome to see coverage of someone who is bringing things up. I was as guilty as everyone else about the fighter name calling focus. The thing is, no one cares about positive news. This thread will likely die, or people will start arguing ignorantly about Islam.

Quality over quantity Kirik, take the high road more often and stick with some positivity. Good read. Phone Post 3.0

Brother I would love to.

As it is, I put up the news that I know people want to read, and put in really cool stuff like this because I can, because people are already here to read whether Miesha's boobies make takedowns easier. If positive stuff was all I had, it would be dead.

As it is, we don't do crime stories except in extraordinary circumstances. We could easily do five War Machine pieces a week, but instead have done three, total.

I really don't know what the right answer is, so I am putting it out there.

The right answer is to go with your heart, and not care what the UG thinks. The UG forums are big enough that news feed articles not existing aren't gonna mean things like Mieshas boobs won't be discussed at length! Get back to making news feed articles about important mma stuff, like this superb article. A start would be to have a better picture loading up than Ronda modelling, however good she looks, this isn't anything to do with current mma which has 3 great cards tonight! Phone Post

I think we did a decent job covering the three shows tonight:

UFC: UFC 180 results & discussion

WSoF: WSOF 15 results, prelim live stream at 6:30 ET

Bellator: Bellator 131 results & discussion

Not covering this is a sin: Leonard Garcia retires

Interesting piece: Malaysia's first female muslim fighter named Time Next Generation

WMMA/Miesha fluff, but kind of funny: Magana sets Twitter on bitter, blasts Tate

WSoF: Gaethje: 'POS' Guillard getting put to sleep    

UFC: Werdum vs. Hunt

Rousey Fluff, but a little funny: Agree with Ronda Rousey's hottest female athlete pick?

WMMA/Miesha little fluff: Tate willing to drop weight class to fight Herrig, Magana

WSoF: Guillard misses weight, fight with Gaethje now non-title

WSoF: Sefo: We believes XFC falsified documents

UFC: All fighters make weight for UFC 180, catch the Replay

UFC: Gastelum: Dolce snub 'bittersweet'

McGregor fluff: Bermudez: I would smash McGregor    

Semi interesting: Sonnen: GSP 'far superior' fighter than Silva    

UFC: Hunt: 'If anyone can do it, I can do it'

Of the 17 stories showing, 10 are about tonight's shows. That seems about right. 5 UFC, 4 WSoF, 1 Bellator. Should have been more about Bellator, maybe Tito's walkout or something, but there were two yesterday. There are maybe more WSoF stories than people care about, but they were the results, the missed weigh in which we only did as the UG wents nuts on it, an out of left field lawsuit, and Gaethje getting super, super fired up about Guillard. The whole bellator pro wrestling angle they ran with was a little overdone I think. I would have covered the trash talk between Tito and Bonnar more if it was not quite as contrived. I just couldn't couldn't do the whole your secret agent in my camp is a actually a double agent for you so haha, or whatever it was.

I really, really appreciate everyone who took the time here to weigh in.

I see a bunch of useless words in this thread and only one pic Phone Post 3.0

She seems like a cool chick. Islam is not going away. She is actually one that you should show as an example for other Muslims to follow. Much rather them see that than the burka clad woman who cannot drive.

And Jack Carter needs pics dammit.

Nice story. Osman is huge in SE Asia. I was watching the last One FC card in Malaysia (same one Stephen Langdown fought on) the reception Osman got was massive. Even after her first fight (a close loss to Lim some thought she should have won) ppl were talking about her.

She seems pretty classy and respectful as well judging by her interviews and the way she carries herself. I don't see why her being Muslim has anything to do with it. She knows how to fight, she's fan friendly, respectful and a bit on the gorgeous side. Those things are what makes a person stand out.

BirdWatcher -
Kirik -

With media focusing on fighters calling each names, it is awesome to see coverage of someone who is bringing things up. I was as guilty as everyone else about the fighter name calling focus. The thing is, no one cares about positive news. This thread will likely die, or people will start arguing ignorantly about Islam.

Quality over quantity Kirik, take the high road more often and stick with some positivity. Good read. Phone Post 3.0
Agreed a hundred percent. Phone Post 3.0

BrunoMcGyver - Nice story. Osman is huge in SE Asia. I was watching the last One FC card in Malaysia (same one Stephen Langdown fought on) the reception Osman got was massive. Even after her first fight (a close loss to Lim some thought she should have won) ppl were talking about her.

She seems pretty classy and respectful as well judging by her interviews and the way she carries herself. I don't see why her being Muslim has anything to do with it. She knows how to fight, she's fan friendly, respectful and a bit on the gorgeous side. Those things are what makes a person stand out.
VU for you brother. Phone Post 3.0

MMA Playwright - Kirik,

A young girl was walking along a beach upon which thousands of starfish had been washed up during a terrible storm. When she came to each starfish, she would pick it up, and throw it back into the ocean. People watched her with amusement.

She had been doing this for some time when a man approached her and said, "Little girl, why are you doing this? Look at this beach! You can't save all these starfish. You can't begin to make a difference!"

The girl seemed crushed, suddenly deflated. But after a few moments, she bent down, picked up another starfish, and hurled it as far as she could into the ocean. Then she looked up at the man and replied, "Well, I made a difference to that one!"
That little girl grew up to become MMA sensation Rhonda Rousey Phone Post 3.0

Kirik -
Dreville79 - 
Kirik -
BirdWatcher - 
Kirik -

Brother I would love to.

As it is, I put up the news that I know people want to read, and put in really cool stuff like this because I can, because people are already here to read whether Miesha's boobies make takedowns easier. If positive stuff was all I had, it would be dead.

As it is, we don't do crime stories except in extraordinary circumstances. We could easily do five War Machine pieces a week, but instead have done three, total.

The right answer is to go with your heart, and not care what the UG thinks. The UG forums are big enough that news feed articles not existing aren't gonna mean things like Mieshas boobs won't be discussed at length! Get back to making news feed articles about important mma stuff, like this superb article. A start would be to have a better picture loading up than Ronda modelling, however good she looks, this isn't anything to do with current mma which has 3 great cards tonight! Phone Post

Interesting piece: Malaysia's first female muslim fighter named Time Next Generation

WMMA/Miesha fluff, but kind of funny: Magana sets Twitter on bitter, blasts Tate

Rousey Fluff, but a little funny: Agree with Ronda Rousey's hottest female athlete pick?

WMMA/Miesha little fluff: Tate willing to drop weight class to fight Herrig, Magana

Of the 17 stories showing, 10 are about tonight's shows. That seems about right. 5 UFC, 4 WSoF, 1 Bellator. Should have been more about Bellator, maybe Tito's walkout or something, but there were two yesterday. There are maybe more WSoF stories than people care about, but they were the results, the missed weigh in which we only did as the UG wents nuts on it, an out of left field lawsuit, and Gaethje getting super, super fired up about Guillard. The whole bellator pro wrestling angle they ran with was a little overdone I think. I would have covered the trash talk between Tito and Bonnar more if it was not quite as contrived. I just couldn't couldn't do the whole your secret agent in my camp is a actually a double agent for you so haha, or whatever it was.

I'm not saying you don't do a good job at all, you get way too much flak here for the good work you do, the UG puts all other MMA sites to shame to be honest. The only shit you guys take that maybe you deserve is the ongoing site crashes!

I'd point to music and Radiohead as an example. As soon as you play and create music your fans want to hear, you lose yourselves as artists, don't give a fuck about fans. You all started MMA journalism because you love MMA presumably? So write about the shit you love to write about, and you can't go far wrong. A massive forum like this will always be 5% MMA fans, 5% total psychos and 90% trolls. The MMA fans fucking love this place and appreciate you guys Phone Post 3.0

A quick interview with Osman after ONE FC 21 in October.

TTT for Kirik

Fedoral Crime - 
MMA Playwright - Kirik,

A young girl was walking along a beach upon which thousands of starfish had been washed up during a terrible storm. When she came to each starfish, she would pick it up, and throw it back into the ocean. People watched her with amusement.

She had been doing this for some time when a man approached her and said, "Little girl, why are you doing this? Look at this beach! You can't save all these starfish. You can't begin to make a difference!"

The girl seemed crushed, suddenly deflated. But after a few moments, she bent down, picked up another starfish, and hurled it as far as she could into the ocean. Then she looked up at the man and replied, "Well, I made a difference to that one!"
That little girl grew up to become MMA sensation Rhonda Rousey Phone Post 3.0

And now you know the rest of the story.

gluestick - 
JOB - 
gluestick - nice politically correct pick. i guess they couldn't find a gay miniority muslim. still, 2 out of 3 aint bad.

The fuck are you talking about, you retard?

hmm lest see. 7 picks so far.

all women or minorities.

get back to me when they pick a white male who isn't gay or a transgender.

Oh, the white straight male with blonde hair and blue eyes. How oppressed he must be!

Fuck out of here with your stupidity. It might be contagious.

ausgepicht - 

More Islam rammed down our throats. Organizations are so concerned with PCness and not offending Moslems - who are offended by everything - that you do stuff like this.

Indoctrination in the entire school system, Moslem president under taqiyya and Islamic political system embedding itself in America.

Keep sipping those lattes, burying your faces in your smart phones and white knighting Islam - while it gains in power and turns America into a third world nation under Shariah Law. Phone Post

America has killed millions of muslims children and women all while pushing there agenda down the WHOLE FUCKIN WORLDS THROATS your a idiot sir OPEN YOUR FUCKIN EYES and stop shitting on this girl who should be a inspiration to young muslim girls if you actually thought about it you would delete your account

That was a good read.

Hmm respect to this girl for being able to break a few Islamic taboos. I hope one day she can take the next logical step and abandon this religion altogether, however I fully understand it is not so easy to break away from one's roots, and in some cases even downright dangerous. Good luck to her.

Dreville79 - 
Kirik -
Dreville79 - 
Kirik -
BirdWatcher - 
Kirik -

Brother I would love to.

I'm not saying you don't do a good job at all, you get way too much flak here for the good work you do, the UG puts all other MMA sites to shame to be honest. The only shit you guys take that maybe you deserve is the ongoing site crashes!

I'd point to music and Radiohead as an example. As soon as you play and create music your fans want to hear, you lose yourselves as artists, don't give a fuck about fans. You all started MMA journalism because you love MMA presumably? So write about the shit you love to write about, and you can't go far wrong. A massive forum like this will always be 5% MMA fans, 5% total psychos and 90% trolls. The MMA fans fucking love this place and appreciate you guys Phone Post 3.0

Thanks man! If it was just what I like, it would all be some new video on how to do a heel hook better :-)

But I really appreciate the reply. I made the story my hero today. And Osman liked it on Twitter, which was nice.

Shes super hott; good fighter; and making history. 

ausgepicht - 

More Islam rammed down our throats. Organizations are so concerned with PCness and not offending Moslems - who are offended by everything - that you do stuff like this.

Indoctrination in the entire school system, Moslem president under taqiyya and Islamic political system embedding itself in America.

Keep sipping those lattes, burying your faces in your smart phones and white knighting Islam - while it gains in power and turns America into a third world nation under Shariah Law. Phone Post

Voted up. The trendy thing in media nowadays is to publish positive stories about islam while sweeping the atrocities committed in the name of islam under the rug.

I'm wondering if all these white knights will still be so zealous 10 or 20 years from now. I personally believe that the terrorism and beheadings of today is the just the tip of the iceberg and that we'll be looking back at this time period as the good ol' days.

I hear all this talk about islam being the religion of peace but I can't bring myself to believe it. Every religion has it's extremists that take things too far but the thing about islam is that at it's very foundation, believers are encouraged to kill or subdue unbelievers if they can't be converted. "Slay the unbelievers wherever you find them" (quar'an 9:5) and "Therfore, when you meet the unbelievers in fight, smite at their necks: at length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly on them" (quar'an 47:4).

Where are the peaceful muslims when these extremists out there committing these crimes against humanity in purported direct conflict with islamic teachings? Unchecked islam is not what I would call desirable unless you like the idea of living under sharia law. If you're interested in what it would be like, just look at any of the numerous countries out there that have an islamic majority.

I like positive stories as much as the next guy but this not a postive story for me. If she does well in the sport because of hard work and dedication then good on her but her islam faith does nothing for me. I've been posting here since 08, love this site, I think you're a good guy Kirik, but if I'm over the top here with what I'm saying here go ahead and ban me.