Annoying Apple Store Employees

How come right when you walk in these people swarm you. It’s like a bunch of vultures swooping in on a carcass. Why does this store need 20 employees on the floor at all times trying to annoy people? It’s gotta be one of the douchyest jobs out there.

yup i agree.

So go to a verizon store where the employees ignore you and are unhelpful.

Or shop a Lowes, Walmart or Home Depot where you can't find help if you need it. 

Instead of complaint just politely tell them you are just browsing 

Ya man deal with it.  I walked in today to buy a charger and the place was insane and I got helped instantly.   Maybe you need some socializing. 

Its a proactive sales approach and its how you increase revenue by answering questions hessitant buyers may have, or let them know about products they may not be aware exist 

You just have your guard up pretty high, resonably, that shit is expensive and on an instinctual level you feel like they are trying to get more money out of you

If done right, its how, as a business owner, you can get out from under 

Davids Tea, started off as one tea shop in Quebec 

One came to my town in Whistler and i didnt go into it for over a year, finally went there with a date, and was blown away by how they set their store up 

For the record, it recently became a publicly traded company, i think 5 years? I may be off 

For starters, its only TEA, and they have 100 of flavours, so how would you even begin to know what to buy?

Someone walks around with free samples and tells you all about how they are made

When you get to the cash register, the casher, lets you know about other Tea accesories, like mugs and stuff, plus they ask if you want to buy some in bulk for home 

The layout is clean and you get free stuff and this is just a place to get a cup of tea 

Thats how you do it 

Sell, but not be pushy

I hate how over the top polite they are. They seem like robots programmed with the politeness selected at max. Just talking to them is difficult. 

Went in to buy a MacBook Pro today. Literally had to talk to a guy at the door to get in line to wait to buy the thing. WTF!

tj tapper -

Ya man deal with it.  I walked in today to buy a charger and the place was insane and I got helped instantly.   Maybe you need some socializing. 

Could be true 

I love it. I walk right in and somebody immediately asks me wtf I want with no line, no waiting.

It's great.

Brockback Mountain - So go to a verizon store where the employees ignore you and are unhelpful.
Lol this.

I used to work for at a vzw store. Trust me....from the moment you park your car outside a vzw store, someone is already loathing your existence.

It’s also nice you can walk in, open the app, buy something through it and walk out. 

I hate those generic lines salespeople use on you. Like you can tell some dickhead manager forces them to say them exactly as scripted.

I remember for a while every time I'd go to Office Depot there would be some fag waiting right by the front door, "What brings you in today?" My feet bitch, get away from me.

Or when they say something "friendly" to, then you turn to acknowledge them and they're not even looking at you. They're playing with plastic bags or some shit. They just bothered you because it's a requirement. Annoying.

PeteyWheatstraw - I hate those generic lines salespeople use on you. Like you can tell some dickhead manager forces them to say them exactly as scripted.

I remember for a while every time I'd go to Office Depot there would be some fag waiting right by the front door, "What brings you in today?" My feet bitch, get away from me.

Or when they say something "friendly" to, then you turn to acknowledge them and they're not even looking at you. They're playing with plastic bags or some shit. They just bothered you because it's a requirement. Annoying.
"Welcome to Costco.... I love you"

Come to Home Depot, I wont give a shit about you

Edan - Come to Home Depot, I wont give a shit about you

See if I had a project I would just assume I need to know my own shit on how to do it. Then I would just go there to get the stuff I need. I wouldn't expect anyone working at Home Depot to be an expert. You can even find a guy trained to make new car keys there.

We get a lot of our academic IT support here by former Apple store guys. They don't talk about working there with any reverence.

lol

If no one paid op any attention he would complain.

I might end up having to deal with one of these apple genius fuckers. Replacing my ssd on my MacBook pro. If that doesn't fix the problem, no idea what else it could be.