Another BJ/BJJ doublestandard?

Ah, will Your Father get his third account banned, once again, for fighter bashing? Only time will tell!

Let me be the first to say...FRAT!!

ttt for one of the very few intelligent threads that's actually about something.

"Hughes himself said in the post fight interview that he said a prayer and hoped for the bell because his arm was in trouble"

It has already been said, but I'll concur. Hughes had already escaped the arm-bar/triangle by the end of the round so the stoppage between rounds was more likely in BJ's favour.

You have owned the shit out of the "better fighter for two rounds" idiots with this thread. Those same people are all over Rickson and no time limits and whatnot. BJ would get killed with no time limits.

I prefer no time limit myself. Too bad it isn't viable.

"Nog was easily defending that attempt. Any idiot can grab aleg and make a guy work. He had his hand inside the hips reliving any rpessure. It was a textbook defensive move. When the round ended, Nog was calm. Nog kicked his ass."

Did you actually watch the knee bar attempt there, Voiceofreason? Watch the last 10 seconds of that round and actually look at Nog's expression this time.

for others:

Rickson is definitely wrong. Fighters have much more technique than back in his day and the rounds definitely do not hinder fighters. Whens the last time a physical specimen with no skill dominated a well rounded or technical fighter?

I think Rickson still believes that he could beat these guys with Poor takedowns and stand up skills because they will simply fall to the ground for him.

Secondly, fighters do not sit around in someone elses guard when it does not favor ground n pound.

I simply think that this is another statement undermining the ability of fighters who have strong standup and are athletic.

Btw: NTL's would not favor a guy like Rickson because he would not be able to kick it on his back because of the formentioned comments.

Anybody remember sak and royce. That fight sucked and would have had the same outcome an hour earlier if Sak needed to press the action with rounds and time limits.......

"When the round ended, Nog was calm."

Voiceofreason is such an awesome name. It sounds so....so smart! But too bad pictureofreason says different.

http://www.schemamag.ca/archives/Barnett knee bar.jpg

Some of what Rickson said holds true at the smaller show level but to compare technique of old to the fighters of today is retarded. The Gracie's should be proud of the influence they had on the world (with regards to Martial arts) because none of the haters can take that away.
But leave it at that.

Also Matt Hughes is a great submission fighter just because he isn't tapping BJJ black belts does mean his subs aren't tops. He tapped Trigg...neither Hallman nor Renato could do it (well in mma) and he had a very good armbar attempt on Gracie.

"He tapped Trigg...neither Hallman nor Renato could do it (well in mma)"

Nor could JJ Machado, Fabiano Iha or even Renzo in ADCC I (and how long had Trigg been training subs by ADCC I?).

Date: 09/29/06 02:50 AM
113 Total Posts Ignore User

"Ah, will Your Father get his third account banned, once again, for fighter bashing? Only time will tell!"

Hi, Naughty Gorilla. Hurry, go run and tell principle Kirk that I'm being mean.

I would love to line all of you up, and just slap you for wasting my time.

A) I'm not Naughty Gorilla, as a cursory glance at our posting history should make plain to anyone,

B) It's spelled "principal",

C) However much you talk about "slapping" me or anyone else on this forum, the instant you met any of us in real life you'd tuck dick so fast there'd be a sonic boom in your panties, because you're a pathetic pussy who has to take out his unchanneled aggression by trolling on the internet.

Bluenamer please post pictureofreason:

http://www.schemamag.ca/archives/Barnett knee bar.jpg

I've said it before, and I'll say it again......

....... Nog is just laughing hysterically in that pic because Josh is clearly tickling his foot.

Sheeeit, didnt think of that possibility.

OK, here we are then. Nog is making that face because:

A) the kneebar was on (ie. it is The Pictureofreason)

B) because Josh farted

C) because Josh is tickling him

D) All of the above??

Perhaps, thats where the Catch strategy has the edge on BJJ then?

Nog's mouthguard kinda looks like a glob of trident gum.

Great post by Wasa-B as usual.

There's always been a double standard.

that picture also demonstrates why I continue to believe Nog is the toughest fighter in MMA.

Man's ablity to take pain is amazing.

great fighter!