I am SERIOUSLY considering buying a pair of Clubbells, but have a few questions that need to be answered.
1) From what I've read, it seems that when we are talking about muscular development the focus is upon the arms, shoulders and back. Is it possible to hit other muscle groups? Indirectly or directly?
2) I am looking to replace some of my weight training w/ clubbells. Will I sacrifice mass? Maintain it?
3) Am I right in understanding that due to the nature of the handle, by shifting (choking up or down) the placement of the grip I can make it more challenging?
4) I have been athletic all my life, and have been weight training since high school and weigh 195lbs. I have always been into grip strength by NEVER wearing wraps on any lifts. With this in mind (I know it's hard over the internet), which size would you suggest that I begin with?
In summary, I am looking for something to replace some of my weight training, improve athleticism and performance, w/o loss of too much mass, & be challenged with the weight over a moderate period of time before having to buy another pair.
What thinketh thou?
All the best,
Joe, first read the book to know for sure.
1) Directly the entire "core," as well as intersegmental muscles crucial for strength in the dynamic sphere of combat sports. Indirectly the lower body.
2) If you want to. It all depends on your protocol and program.
4) 15s (with no guarantees since we've never met.)
"In summary, I am looking for something to replace some of my weight training, improve athleticism and performance, w/o loss of too much mass, & be challenged with the weight over a moderate period of time before having to buy another pair. What thinketh thou?"
It sounds like Clubbells will be great tools for you. Also check out Paul Chek's Tornado Ball and Wiggy's Sandbag "Singles and Doubles" book (you can make your own sandbags.)
Ok, I'm going to take your advice and get the book and read it first.
I also ordered the sandbag book.
I am just so burnt out on weights and have been searching for something different.
Thanks for the advice. Looking forward to the read ahead.
I got Wiggy's sandbag book last week and it's great! Someday when I have the extra cash (LOL) I will get some Clubbells. Hi Joe!