Another comment on dogs and dog owners

One other thing I'd like the OGs thoughts on.

So right next to the walking/running path there is a little fenced in place where people can bring their dogs.  OK, cool.  Most of the time the dogs go in there and play around and mind their own business.  All good.

But some of the time as people walk or jog past on the walkway that is like 5 feet away, these dogs go shit crazy, following the person walking/jogging for a goot 15 yards or so until the fenced in area ends, barking and growling like crazy like the people walking or running.

And most of the times the owners don't care.  They just sit on the bench and text or surf the internet while their dogs are literally trying to get through the fence and attack the people walking.  If that fence wasn't there the dogs most definately would be attacking.

Thoughts on this?  It just seems to me the owners should try and stop their dogs from doing this, or aplogize, or SOMETHING.  An analogy is if I had a little kid that would follow along the fence and tell people walking "I would kill you if I could" or "I would attack you if I could".  Or even if they were telling these people dumb shit about how he doesn't like them or something.  I'd be embarassed as fuck, reigning my kid in an apologizing.  But these dog owners?  Nope, no empathy or anything.  Thems' my dogs, my dogs rule, and you are just going to have to hear my dogs screaming in your ear for 15 yards every time you go by!

It just seems wierd to me.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Are the doggies making mean noises at you? Maybe you should take your favorite stuffy with you on your runs and give him a big hug when you get passed that fence, I bet you'll feel brave.

Look at it as being funny. When you’re approaching the spot think, “Haha, here comes the crazy mangy pack”.

Most dogs behave differently when fenced in.

My dog (if I had a dog, for those keeping spreadsheets) acts totally different behind a fence as opposed to in person. Very protective when behind a fence, very friendly in person.

I walked past a house the other day and there were two rotties going apeshit on a big picture window trying to get to me. The window was bouncing and flexing from them jumping at it. I walked by extra slow to see if they could manage to break it.

i don't think the owners were home though. So not the same.

If the owner is outside with them, they should know to stop. If no owner in site, the dog is doing what it's supposed to do. 

Dogs can't distinguish good passer by from bad guy so it must rely on its leaders body language to be alert or calm. If the owner is just sitting there texting, the dog should STFU. So obviously it's a shitty owner if they're not doing anything about it 

Comments on what? The fence WAS there. That's like saying the dogs could have done your taxes if they were good at math.

MountainMedic - Comments on what? The fence WAS there. That's like saying the dogs could have done your taxes if they were good at math.
Lol

MountainMedic - Comments on what? The fence WAS there. That's like saying the dogs could have done your taxes if they were good at math.

Perfect.

Can you show me on this doll where the mean doggie touched you?

Not a dog owner but isn't it natural for a dog to chase if an animal/human runs? 

Maybe the dogs are just reacting to the constant flow of people running by them. 

I was out for a run before and a person's unleashed dog left their owner & started running beside me. I had to run back  because the dog wouldn't listen to it's owners calls. 

My dog is MY responsibility.  All the time.  No matter where we are at.

You should run by with your hand over the fence, then report the dog/owner if the dog tries to bite you.

Homeslice - 

And most of the times the owners don't care.  They just sit on the bench and text or surf the internet while their dogs are literally trying to get through the fence and attack the people walking.  If that fence wasn't there the dogs most definately would be attacking.

Almost certianly they wouldn't. 

I've taught mine 1 bark is cool if you're startled or it's someone new. Then she gets s sharp "sssh!" and she's done and quiet. She'll still grumble lowly, but no more barking. It wasn't that hard to teach her and I can't stand assholes who let their dogs lose their shit. 

"What can you do?" they like to intone. Train them, you fucking dipshit. 

Ok fine, I'll solve this for you

Find a fat guy and offer to help get him in shape.
Take him running with you every time.

You don't have to be faster than the dogs...

Dog owners are like modern day parents.

Even when their dog / kid is a shithead, they are just kids / dogs or it's someone else's fault.

dangerboy12 - Dog owners are like modern day parents.

Even when their dog / kid is a shithead, they are just kids / dogs or it's someone else's fault.

This guy gets it. The same motherfuckers that are oblivious to an ill-behaved demons are probably oblivious to their ill-behaved little fur goblin. 

Shitty people make for shitty children(pets). 

b.d. - 
dangerboy12 - Dog owners are like modern day parents.

This guy gets it. The same motherfuckers that are oblivious to an ill-behaved demons are probably oblivious to their ill-behaved little fur goblin. 

Shitty people make for shitty children(pets). 

This absolutely.  Literally on another thread where I said I was attacked by a dog while jogging some dipshit said it was literally might fault for "running up on them" and "startling them".  Literally MY responsibility to make sure THEIR dogs don't bite someone.  IF YOUR DOGS GET FUCKING STARTLED EASILY DON'T FUCKING TAKE THEM RIGHT WHERE PEOPLE ARE JOGGING AND WALKING.  The self-centered egos on some people these days.  I'm sure that dweeb was a liberal - everyone else has to handle his problems.