Another “If you’re not with us, you’re against us”

Apparently, you have to support everything athletes do or you’re against them and not welcomed to watch them. I say, fans stay away completely. I will not be bullied into supporting a cause just to watch a team.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/iowa-football-players-put-fans-on-notice-support-their-movement-or-dont-support-the-hawkeyes/

5 Likes

That'll play well in Iowa.

Looks like they'll be playing in empty stadiums this fall Covid or no Covid.

3 Likes

"Don't support us", okay, gotcha.

6 Likes

I laugh at this the same way I laugh when my toddler used to try and tell me what to do.

2 Likes

“BECAUSE I CAN PROMISE YOU THAT WE DO NOT CARE!!”

You do though.  You really, really do.

4 Likes
TeeKayOh -
Hilldo -

Apparently, you have to support everything athletes do or you’re against them and not welcomed to watch them. I say, fans stay away completely. I will not be bullied into supporting a cause just to watch a team.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/iowa-football-players-put-fans-on-notice-support-their-movement-or-dont-support-the-hawkeyes/

I see nothing that says "everything". Atheletes, for a change, are standing up.  It used to be, you couldn't twist their arms hard enough for them to mention anything about injustice or racism inside or outside the game.

Now they are.  Everyone should be against racism and racial injustice, if you aren't or you bitch at those who do, it makes me wonder what kind of human being your mother raised?

Another person picking out single words. Ok, maybe not “everything”. But, ONE thing is enough. If I don’t believe in you kneeling during our National Antem, I’m not welcome to watch your team? That’s asinine to say the least. I will not be forced to support your opinion. I believe they are doing these protests based on a false narrative. Apparently, you don’t. That’s your right as an American. I would not say you can’t do ANY activity due to your opinion.

2 Likes
Hocky -

“BECAUSE I CAN PROMISE YOU THAT WE DO NOT CARE!!”

You do though.  You really, really do.

Remember when the latest battlefield game came out and they said we don’t care if you don’t like it? Same thing here

TeeKayOh -
Hilldo -

I see nothing that says "everything". Athletes, for a change, are standing up.  It used to be, you couldn't twist their arms hard enough for them to mention anything about injustice or racism inside or outside the game.

Now they are.  Everyone should be against racism and racial injustice, if you aren't or you bitch at those who do, it makes me wonder what kind of human being your mother raised?

Its 2020, these racism claims are a joke. Current college players grandparents probably dealt with it, but hell i bet half the Iowa team's parents were born in the 1980's. These kids are going to college to play a game, Harvard vs Asians is what actual racism looks like now.

Would be interested to hear the Iowa ADs' take though.

TeeKayOh -
Hilldo -
TeeKayOh -
Hilldo -

I see nothing that says "everything". Atheletes, for a change, are standing up.  It used to be, you couldn't twist their arms hard enough for them to mention anything about injustice or racism inside or outside the game.

Another person picking out single words. Ok, maybe not “everything”. But, ONE thing is enough. If I don’t believe in you kneeling during our National Antem, I’m not welcome to watch your team? That’s asinine to say the least. I will not be forced to support your opinion. I believe they are doing these protests based on a false narrative. Apparently, you don’t. That’s your right as an American. I would not say you can’t do ANY activity due to your opinion.

You are completely missing the point.  Everyone should be against racism and police brutality, if you aren't something is wrong with you.

When did I say anything about being against racism or police brutality? You’re making it up. I said that I do not agree with “you’re with us or you’re against us” and I don’t believe in the way they’re going about their protest. This is typical these days. Read a different view point. Then, accuse them of racism. Sad and pathetic argument. Here, I’ll spell it out for you. I am against racism and police brutality.

SILENCE IS CONSENT

1 Like
VTCO -

SILENCE IS CONSENT

That work at your rape trial?

1 Like
TeeKayOh -
Hilldo -
TeeKayOh -
Hilldo -

You are completely missing the point.  Everyone should be against racism and police brutality, if you aren't something is wrong with you.

What, in your opinion, is the connection between racism and police brutality? 

Of course both of those are bad. So are murder and rape and any number of other bad things. But here, in this specific case, how can I “be against racism” any further than simply not being a racist? Because I looked into it, and black folks are not getting murdered in the streets at a rate any higher than anyone else, and if they were, cutting funding to police is not a reasonable response. BLM is a Marxist organization that is actively racist against non-blacks. Why should I support an organization that I believe is purely evil in its intentions?

If we want to quell police brutality, then institute a system that is designed to honestly and independently weed out the bad cops who perpetrate these heinous deeds against citizens of all races. 

2 Likes

I guess all those Hawkeyes fans in Columbus will have to settle for the Buckeyes now. 

I wish all sporting events would get crushed, could not care less

So a bunch of 2nd and 3rd string athletic black kids are upset that they have to compose themselves like adults when walking around their sports complex?

Here is a hint you bunch of retards. Your getting a free education to play around with a football. Your not curing cancer. Your not curing world hunger. Your not even giving back to your community in any meaningful way. 

Your getting something for being athletic that not a lot of other people would have a chance at. Its kinda calling the kettle black (literally) when it comes down to it. A bit racist to be a black person in a predominantly white college who is GETTING EVERYTHING FREE to turn around and bitch about racism. 

Literally all you have to do is attend practice, play a handful of games each year and occasionally attend a or two. Thats it! You have it better then 99% of the people attending that same college. The least you could do is put your ghetto ass attitude and behavior on hold till after you graduate (if you graduate). 

1 Like
Frank Mir Cat -
TeeKayOh -
Hilldo -

I see nothing that says "everything". Athletes, for a change, are standing up.  It used to be, you couldn't twist their arms hard enough for them to mention anything about injustice or racism inside or outside the game.

Its 2020, these racism claims are a joke. Current college players grandparents probably dealt with it, but hell i bet half the Iowa team's parents were born in the 1980's. These kids are going to college to play a game, Harvard vs Asians is what actual racism looks like now.

Would be interested to hear the Iowa ADs' take though.

You think 80's babies have a bunch of college aged kids? How old are you?

baj54 -

So a bunch of 2nd and 3rd string athletic black kids are upset that they have to compose themselves like adults when walking around their sports complex?

Here is a hint you bunch of retards. Your getting a free education to play around with a football. Your not curing cancer. Your not curing world hunger. Your not even giving back to your community in any meaningful way. 

Your getting something for being athletic that not a lot of other people would have a chance at. Its kinda calling the kettle black (literally) when it comes down to it. A bit racist to be a black person in a predominantly white college who is GETTING EVERYTHING FREE to turn around and bitch about racism. 

Literally all you have to do is attend practice, play a handful of games each year and occasionally attend a or two. Thats it! You have it better then 99% of the people attending that same college. The least you could do is put your ghetto ass attitude and behavior on hold till after you graduate (if you graduate). 

If you’re playing at the elite level at a d-1 school, you’re worth wayyy more than a scholarship. The fact these guys can’t play professionally and have to go through the ncaa system is fucking criminal. 

In before the strike comes in to denounce this authoritarian bullshit

1 Like
TeeKayOh -
Hilldo -

Blindly supporting a cause makes me wonder what kind of man your father was. 

1 Like
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff - In before the strike comes in to denounce this authoritarian bullshit

Hahahahaha