Another Pic: Three legends of BJJ

I just posted this on the OG, but I think I have more friends here:

Three legends of BJJ:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Marcelo: World Champ at Blue, Purple, Brown, Black, 3 time ADCC champ

kying418: Competed one time, got beat 20+ to zero, 6 year blue belt

Shaolin: 4 Time World Champ (Purple, 3x Black)

lol

"I think I have more friends here"

Don't be so presumptuous :)

nice pic....you putting your "record" in there made my day....hilarious

BM21

I was going to say groupies, but didnt want to sound like an ass.

Where was that taken?

K1 Press Conference.

They announced my contract signing there.

Marcelo should compete at 155... c'mon... he competes in 170 in grappling with same day weigh-ins. He could make 155 and be a monster. He is going to get beat @ 183...oh wait that's K1... they're going to feed him cans...

Jorx,

I honestly think Marcelo would do better against heavier guys than he would against the light, quick ones. He is just too quick and accurate for the heavier guys and no one in MMA will have an answer for his ground game, especially the heavier guys.

"kying u were probably trying to sandbag too :)"

I'm all about sandbagging, but it was already the white belt division.

I tried the kids and female division, but I got kicked out.

Doesnt K1 have a 170ish class? I thought Jake Shields fought at that in his last fight.

I think Marcelo would do his best at that weight.

He doesnt have an extensive wrestling background, so weight cutting isnt something he is used to.

Fighting at 155lbs would be a pretty big cut for him, imo.

20 plus to 0, mmmmmmmmmm I thought there was a point max wherebys the match is ended.

Dude, you train under Marcelo??? You are unbelievably lucky.

K-1 does not have an official 170 class, but since Marcelo is a pretty big signing for them, I'm sure they will accommodate him (although that's what they tried to do for Karam, feeding him a far lower-level wrestler as a debut, and obviously that didn't work out too well).

Any word on possible opponents and debut dates?

And congrats on your 2-fight deal with K-1. Good luck to you against Kid and JZ, I'm sure you will give them hell.

"Dude, you train under Marcelo??? You are unbelievably lucky."

I live in NYC. I have been super lucky to train under Renzo, all his great teachers, and Marcelo.

"Any word on possible opponents and debut dates?"

Sorry - no idea!

"And congrats on your 2-fight deal with K-1. Good luck to you against Kid and JZ, I'm sure you will give them hell."

I'm way too fat to fight them. I guess I should lay off the Mcdonalds.

"20 plus to 0, mmmmmmmmmm I thought there was a point max wherebys the match is ended."

I dont think there were any back in the day....however, I was so disgusted by my performance, I didnt even look at the score.

It could have easily been 30+ to zero.