Another Romero vs Knuckles scoring thread

Rewatched Bobby vs Yoel with the sound off. 

Round 1 Bobby has a sparring match while Yoel walks around.  No significant action.  10-9 Bobby

Round 2 Yoel decides he doesn't like the leg kicks so does some funny things with his arms.

All three judges gave round 2 to Bobby 10-9 but the round was really a 10-10 round.  When after the round the best highlights are a blocked high kick and a jab you know that not much of anything happened.

Round 3 - Yoel kicks Bobby's ass for a bit and let's him off the hook mid round.  All three judges scored round 3 10-9 for Romero even though Yoel beat Bobby up significantly.  The only thing that saved Bobby was Yoel's low fight IQ which had him clinching up and eating elbows for the middle part of the round.  I actually agree with the 10-9 here.

Round 4 - Yoel takes a break for a whole round.  two judges give to Bobby and one to Romero for the late shot that wobbles Bobby.

Round 5 again showed Yoel's poor fight IQ as he went for ride time after he had Bobby basically beat.  This should have been a 10-8 obviously.

Official Decider scorecard:

Round 1 - 10-9 bobby

Round 2 - 10-10

Round 3 - 10-9 Yoel

Round 4 - 10-9 Bobby (can't give it to Yoel when Bobby controlled 4:40 of the round)

Round 5 - 10-8 Yoel

Romero 48 Bobby 47.  

Good thread.

10-9 BK

10-9 BK

9-10 YR

10-9 BK

8-10 YR

Draw.

IMHO

wiggum - Good thread.

10-9 BK

10-9 BK

9-10 YR

10-9 BK

8-10 YR

Draw.

IMHO

Thats my scorecard too. Round 2 I can’t say was 10-10, looked pretty clear like a whittaker round to me

wiggum - Good thread.

10-9 BK

10-9 BK

9-10 YR

10-9 BK

8-10 YR

Draw.

IMHO

Agree with this

draw or +1 Yoel, maybe +2 if judges were allowed to use 10-8s properly in championships fights

Can’t give that fight to Rob, but his effort hard and toughness are as good as MMA has ever seen…true badass

Yoel was a goddamn terminator that fight…not sure which model but fucccck he kept on coming and dropping guys

Round 2 was not 10-10. No significant damage but RW was much more aggressive. Draw.

The reason that round five wasn’t a ten eight round was that BK was nailing Yoel with elbows and kicks and got up and was still fighting back.  He wasn’t getting the fight stopped. Had he just laid there and absorbed an asswhipping without coming back it would’ve been 10/8.  

Stopped reading after your assessment of round 2. Moron.