Another WWE star to MMA

Del Rio was a national champion in greco IIRC. He has a decent record. Just had the unfortunate time of going up against Crocop in his prime. Took Nakamura to a decision.

I think he could do decent enough.

Lol UFC is a joke but Coker is a genius......... Phone Post 3.0

was he the guy that wore the mask and ate a brutal head kick from cro cop?  

I wonder if Ring of Honor's gonna be cool with that. He just signed with RoH, and they've been promoting the arrival of "Alberto el Patron."

Damn he was the guy in the mask Mirko head kicked. I never knew that! 

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x113u0v_mirko-crocop-vs-alberto-del-rio-dos-caras-jr-con-promo-completo_sport

Harry Browne - I wonder if Ring of Honor's gonna be cool with that. He just signed with RoH, and they've been promoting the arrival of "Alberto el Patron."
ROH will do nothing but like it.

They draw 400 to their TV tapings and ONLY sell out when its Final Battle or those New Japan co promoted shows.

ROH is in NO position to even raise an eyebrow as they aren't making any money at all for Sinclair.

It's niche of niche and if anything they will be stoked they could possibly get the rub from it.

Years ago with the other regime they used Puder for a few shows until it was too costly to fly him in and pay him.

The goal was for Puder to do the same with that rub. Phone Post 3.0

JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
Harry Browne - I wonder if Ring of Honor's gonna be cool with that. He just signed with RoH, and they've been promoting the arrival of "Alberto el Patron."
ROH will do nothing but like it.

They draw 400 to their TV tapings and ONLY sell out when its Final Battle or those New Japan co promoted shows.

ROH is in NO position to even raise an eyebrow as they aren't making any money at all for Sinclair.

It's niche of niche and if anything they will be stoked they could possibly get the rub from it.

Years ago with the other regime they used Puder for a few shows until it was too costly to fly him in and pay him.

The goal was for Puder to do the same with that rub. Phone Post 3.0

Can't argue with the niche thing. I think I'm the only one who prefers ROH to WWE.

ANTI - Del Rio in talks with Bellator! What in the actual fuck!? Phone Post 3.0
Are you retarded? He fought in mma AND beat randy couture in greco. Phone Post 3.0

Wasn't he fired from WWE for assaulting an employee? Phone Post 3.0

stevekt - Wasn't he fired from WWE for assaulting an employee? Phone Post 3.0
Something like that. Apparently the employee made a joke about Mexicans and ADR was having none of it. Phone Post 3.0

stevekt - Wasn't he fired from WWE for assaulting an employee? Phone Post 3.0
Apparently a lot of racism in the WWE and he snapped and bitchslapped one of the producers Phone Post 3.0

RyannVonDoom -
ANTI - Del Rio in talks with Bellator! What in the actual fuck!? Phone Post 3.0
Are you retarded? He fought in mma AND beat randy couture in greco. Phone Post 3.0
I'm not retarded, I'm not from Wyoming : ) Phone Post 3.0

They do this at their own risk. Zuffa actually owns del Rio's head as it was kicked off in pride by cro cop and they took rights to it when they bought pride. Phone Post 3.0

It's a much more legitimate signing than Punk .

Lol. Glad the dude is getting work but damn. If they want eyes they should just try their damn best to get Brock. I'd get Kimbo before any other WWE wrestler unless they could get Cena. That 5 Knuckle Shuffle. No one can defend.

Tru -

was he the guy that wore the mask and ate a brutal head kick from cro cop?  

Really? Phone Post 3.0

It's weird that CM Punk is moving to MMA given there are so many other guys like Del Rio with athletic backgrounds much better suited to it. Phone Post 3.0

ProctorMMA - Lol. Glad the dude is getting work but damn. If they want eyes they should just try their damn best to get Brock. I'd get Kimbo before any other WWE wrestler unless they could get Cena. That 5 Knuckle Shuffle. No one can defend.
Del Rio is more legit than Kimbo ever was. They are trying to make a play for Brock as well. Phone Post 3.0

Stephen Holder -

Someone was saying on here some newer wrestler named "Jack Swagger" for the WWE (have no clue who this character is or what his real name is) beat Cain V. in college wrestling multiple times. Is this true?

Swagger is a legit wrestler, as was Angle.

Even guys who don't have the strongest amateur background are still legit athletes. It isn't the craziest thing for a pro wrestler to do MMA. Many MMA fighters have also done pro wrestling.

You've got weekly cards that have prelims to their prelims. People shouldn't be all up in arms about someone "cutting in line" if it sells PPVs. MMA has been pretty boring as of late. This lawsuit and pro wrestlers coming in to kick the shit out of your hero's isn't all that big of deal. Phone Post 3.0

heros Phone Post 3.0