anthony johnson vs gsp?

if rumble johnson can make weight and defeat josh koscheck he may be the only man left to challenge gsp for his belt. vice versa if koscheck wins i would rather see him rematch georges then the winner of dan hardy and mike swick whom i dont see giving gsp much of a challenge. kos and rumble is the real number 1 contender fght

if rumble johnson can make weight

:)

if he comes in just over at 193, Rumble would have a real good chance against GSP.

i agree he does need to be at middleweight but u cant deny the guy has power and quick hands something weve seen gsp has a weakness to in the past. idk if he will have nething for gsps wrestling the kos fight will certtainly tell us tho

urijahblupit - i agree he does need to be at middleweight but u cant deny the guy has power and quick hands something weve seen gsp has a weakness to in the past. idk if he will have nething for gsps wrestling the kos fight will certtainly tell us tho

Johnson's a very good wrestler himself. This would be a tough bout. I'd like to see them at some agreed upon weight at least.

urijahblupit - i agree he does need to be at middleweight but u cant deny the guy has power and quick hands something weve seen gsp has a weakness to in the past. idk if he will have nething for gsps wrestling the kos fight will certtainly tell us tho

GSP has shown no weakness to such a thing when he designs a game plan to deal with such strengths accordingly.  He may have been caught off guard once, such a weakness he however does not have, and only gets better at dealing with as the quality of both his striking trainers and sparring partners for the stand up game has significantly risen from the one true blemish on his record.  If GSP fights AJ, everything AJ can do on the feet, GSP will be ready for.  hmmmm, enter Jon Bones Jones as a training partner for GSP to prepare with for AJ into the equation.  Bones = AJ times about +500.  GSP is always going to be a step ahead.  Nothing is new to him any more. 

We all know that is GSP's greatest weapon...his sick takedowns.

I don't think AJ would be able to stop them, but it would be good to see...

They are both athletic...

Not even close. He'll be killed by Kos anyway.

Actually GSP greatest weapon is his mind for the game, is his anticipation, that allows for his tactical execution to be the best, to go along with the smoothest and most explosive transitions from striking to closing the gap out there.  His feints and set ups also become more and more complex, dynamic, and advanced with every fight, combined it keeps him well ahead of his competition.

Ryase - If GSP can't take him down...

lol

If GSP can't take him down one occasion, he will find an opportunity to take him down.  People mistake GSP's takedowns for over powering his opponent.  Over half of GSP takedowns come effortlessly with no struggle, and hardly rely on over powering his opponent.  When you have a guy who executes with such precise anticipation and timing combined with explosivenss, you dont have a choice no matter how strong you are but to end up on your back.  GSP physical conditioning will also prove to be miles ahead of AJ's, who doesn't even touch weights because he knows implementing weights into his training would kill even his chance to make 176.  Meanwhile GSP physical conditioning is as advanced as it gets in the sport of mma.

can someone post the Clementi/Johnson fight?

lb for lb I'd also have to say, GSP's  generates more explosive power from his horse legs than anyone in the sport.  When ever some taller, athletic guy comes along, people think GSP's has met his match, but when that guys legs are about half the size of GSP's, it becomes less surprising that GSP does what he wants to him physically.