Anthony really did practice that kick

http://www.ufc.com/media/wec-53-lightweight-winner

27 seconds in

We do train it.

Duke Roufus - We do train it.

When you saw him do it, could you even believe it happened?

Did you ever sit there in practice and think that he would pull it off in a title fight, or even in any fight alone?

I wish the kick would have stopped the fight, would have been the best KO ever. It would have saved everyone a lot of sweat waiting for the decision to be rendered.

I always thought it was illeagal to push off the fence.Otherwise i figured fighters would push off the fence while being pinned against it like in a clinch situation.

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - I wish the kick would have stopped the fight, would have been the best KO ever. It would have saved everyone a lot of sweat waiting for the decision to be rendered.

I agree with this. It definitely would have been the best KO highlight of all time.

When I saw it, and when Ben just kind of fell over like he did, I thought he was out for sure.

FAN_OF_MMA - I always thought it was illeagal to push off the fence.Otherwise i figured fighters would push off the fence while being pinned against it like in a clinch situation.

Alan Belcher did it against Akiyama at UFC 100 and nothing happened to him.

http://i27.tinypic.com/jb5i5f.gif

Alan Belcher ^^^

thanks Nubinatub, Why do fighter not push off the fence for leverage when pinned up against the fence? Seems like it should be used a lot more often than it is i mean while on the ground i know fighters push off the fence but never really do it on the feet.

belcher gif:

FAN_OF_MMA - thanks Nubinatub, Why do fighter not push off the fence for leverage when pinned up against the fence? Seems like it should be used a lot more often than it is i mean while on the ground i know fighters push off the fence but never really do it on the feet.

I do. I can never be pinned on the fence. Ever.

Yes more peeps should start doing this as the anti-wall'n-stall

The reason no one does it is because they are worried about the takedown.

I noticed Pettis did that same exact kick the minute he stepped into cage, in pre fight warm-up.

Congrats to Duke, Pettis and his team!