Antibody research indicates CV cases 50-80x more

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Health/antibody-research-coronavirus-widespread/story?id=70206121&id=70206121&__twitter_impression=true

The first large-scale community test of 3,300 people in Santa Clara County found that 2.5 to 4.2% of those tested were positive for antibodies -- a number suggesting a far higher past infection rate than the official count.

Based on the initial data, researchers estimate that the range of people who may have had the virus to be between 48,000 and 81,000 in the county of 2 million -- as opposed to the approximately 1,000 in the county's official tally at the time the samples were taken.

“Our findings suggest that there is somewhere between 50- and 80-fold more infections in our county than what’s known by the number of cases than are reported by our department of public health," Dr. Eran Bendavid, the associate professor of medicine at Stanford University who led the study, said in an interview with ABC News' Diane Sawyer.

Early results from antibody testing in California potentially indicate actual COVID cases are 50-80x more prevalent than confirmed. This is a good thing. Fatality and hospitalization rates are much lower than previously thought.

1 Like

this is one thing we should all get behind. finding the true numbers of infected.

5 Likes

Would this actually be a good thing? More people with antibodies means less chance of transferring the virus?

1 Like

Kevin Curtis -

Would this actually be a good thing? More people with antibodies means less chance of transferring the virus?

It could also mean that the death rate is lower than the seasonal flu and we have royally over reacted and also that social distancing has done fuck all but tank the economy and cause many other issues that will get worse over time.

8 Likes

Kevin Curtis - 

Yes. I've seen herd immunity projections at 55%. Meaning that once 55% of the population has gotten the virus the spread will, for the most part, stop.

I can't to see how the fear-mongering media handles this. If it's less lethal than flu, holy fuck.

Don’t post any good news about the virus OP. You will get the wrath of the OG Panic Patrol!

2 Likes

I’m almost 100 percent positive that myself and a bunch of people I know already had the rona back in January .. makes sense 

2 Likes

Hilldo -

Don’t post any good news about the virus OP. You will get the wrath of the OG Panic Patrol!

So true

this is good news right here

In. 

If this is the case across the US, we are doing thing bass-akwards almost unquestionably.

1 Like

https://www.boston25news.com/news/cdc-reviewing-stunning-universal-testing-results-boston-homeless-shelter/Z253TFBO6RG4HCUAARBO4YWO64/

BOSTON — The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is now “actively looking into” results from universal COVID-19 testing at Pine Street Inn homeless shelter.

The broad-scale testing took place at the shelter in Boston’s South End a week and a half ago because of a small cluster of cases there.

Of the 397 people tested, 146 people tested positive. Not a single one had any symptoms.

Content Continues Below
“It was like a double knockout punch. The number of positives was shocking, but the fact that 100 percent of the positives had no symptoms was equally shocking,” said Dr. Jim O’Connell, president of Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program, which provides medical care at the city’s shelters.

1 Like

TFK_Geoff G Electric -

I’m almost 100 percent positive that myself and a bunch of people I know already had the rona back in January .. makes sense 

So do everyone who was tested already for it and the positive test rate is less 20% in the states 

cruedi - this is one thing we should all get behind. finding the true numbers of infected.

Exactly ramp up testing and tracing

KingMartyrJack -
JitsuGuy - I can't to see how the fear-mongering media handles this. If it's less lethal than flu, holy fuck.

Was it the media that shut down the government?

Just got back from walking my dogs and this was what was running through my head.  When we look back on all of this what was it that made us all shut down and shut down so quickly?  Was it the news of China, Italy etc?  While I love a good conspiracy was there more Info that some decision makers had that made them take this more seriously?  

and of course we will have the benefit of hindsight.  How will we remember the spring of 2020? 

It passed through CA months ago.

not like I haven't been saying this shit for weeks now.

There's no psychic abilities required.  Just common sense.  Kind of like a weatherman looking out the window, seeing it raining, then going on the news and telling people it's raining.

No shit sherlock.  Anyone who bothered to look out the fucking window would have seen this weeks ago. 

1 Like

That's great news and further solidifies the study coming out of Iceland recently.

1 Like

JitsuGuy - I can't to see how the fear-mongering media handles this. If it's less lethal than flu, holy fuck.

it could be less lethal, but if 20x more people are getting it....

KingMartyrJack -

Was it the media that shut down the government?

You got it backwards there, Jack. The government tells the media what to say, the media doesn’t tell the government what to do. Your boy Chomsky does a good job of explaining the relationship.