Antifa arrested for burning the flag

I say HELL YA. Freedom of expression is not a right but freedom of speech is. Sick of seeing burning of flags celebrated as freedom of speech. If he said F America he would be fine but burning any object including a flag is a no go. If some pro Mexican protester wants to burn the American flag in America then I love seeing them get arrested.

Pumpkin Spice Jesus -

Texas vs. Johnson ('89) & U.S. vs. Eichman ('90).

Some proposed amendments have nearly passed congress, but as it stands I believe we're free to set that sumbitch on fire.

creating a public hazzard, whatever. they'll get him on something.

hell, they could get him on air pollution charges

There is no freedom to destroy whatever you want in the middle of whatever you want.

Hope this antifa fool, burns.

In the dumb destroy America mindset it is fine to burn a flag anywhere.  Like I said burning a flag is freedom of expression which DOES NOT HAPPEN. You can not burn down anything down in the middle of anywhere because it fits your view point. A racist can not burn a cross in a yard nor can a lefty burn a flag in a street. You could also say both invoke violence.

I'm glad this anti American was arressted.

I was going one of them fags woulda got shot in the balls with a beanbag

Hoping*

Vindell - 

There is no freedom to destroy whatever you want in the middle of whatever you want.

Hope this antifa fool, burns.

In the dumb destroy America mindset it is fine to burn a flag anywhere.  Like I said burning a flag is freedom of expression which DOES NOT HAPPEN. You can not burn down anything down in the middle of anywhere because it fits your view point. A racist can not burn a cross in a yard nor can a lefty burn a flag in a street. You could also say both invoke violence.

I'm glad this anti American was arressted.

Agree...

Vindell -

I say HELL YA. Freedom of expression is not a right but freedom of speech is. Sick of seeing burning of flags celebrated as freedom of speech. If he said F America he would be fine but burning any object including a flag is a no go. If some pro Mexican protester wants to burn the American flag in America then I love seeing them get arrested.

How do you differentiate between freedom of expression and freedom of speech?

Steven Van Zandt seems perplexed about it.

Bassboats Budlight - I cant wave my wiener around and call it freedom of expression.

Why not?

Vindell -

Fuck this guy.... But, the decision in Texas v. Johnson stipulates that burning an American flag is symbolic speech. For example, protest signs and arm bands are protected forms of speech.

There are many limits to freedom of speech, but burning a flag isn't one of them. There may be some fire ordinance that was violated, but burning a flag for political speech is legal.

The only legal way around this is a constitutional amendment. Not happening anytime soon.

Warms my heart.

i hate it, but letting a flag burn is legal

About god damned time. The American flag represents freedom of speech, press and religion. These ignorant assholes making a scene out in the streets, in the name of "freedom of speech, press or religion" desecrating the very symbol of those freedoms granted by the American Constitution need to spend some quality alone time to think about some shit for themselves.

Good!  And local ordinance against starting fires trumps your "free expression." 

LA has serious problems with brush and wildfires, don't need these idiots starting any unnecessary fires else half the southland burn down again.

Fucking commies

Look what side is really holding the Russian flag

Yo can't go around lighting fires wherever you want.   

I actually think it helps The Right when these fools do this... also as an extreme right winger I'd feel like a hypocrite for not allowing them freedom of expression while backing milo and Anne's rights