Antonio Silva vs Cabbage: Showtime

Gary Shaw just announced on The Beatdown on Sherdog that Antonio Silva will be fighting Cabbage on the Feb Showtime card. He also announced that Joey Villasenor will be on the card.

Villasenor/Loiseau?

cabbage has a head like a rock..

I thought Cabbage wasn't allowed to find in the USA after fighting on a show during his suspension from punishment taken at his previous fight (a UFC I think?)

Is this show using the ridulous 15seconds on the ground shit or are they fighting MMA?

MMA STANDS FOR MIXED MARTAL ARTS! Wats up with the 15 sec on ground! Jeremy PS:Ray ,call my dad plaese

From what I gathered from the Gary Shaw interview, I don't think Villasenor and The Crow are fighting each other. I got the impression that they were fighting other fighters. You can check it out on the beatdown.

As a previous poster pointed out, the 15 second rule is not what we all originally feared. Shaw said if the fighters are active, then the whole fight can take place on the ground.

"He explained that they are still deciding to implement the 15 second rule or not. Their concept is actually pretty cool. If there is a stalemate on the ground, instead of just standing them up like other orgs, they would announce "15 seconds" to where they would have 15 seconds to do something on the ground before getting stood up. If one or both of the dudes are going for it constantly on the ground, the 15 second rule will never been called. It's only for a lull in the action."

Thanks for explaining that to me in more detail. I heard part of the story and assumed it was Butterbean rules.

"He explained that they are still deciding to implement the 15 second rule or not. Their concept is actually pretty cool."

No, it really isn't.

"haha i love how nobody understands this rule, even after it's been explained.. if anything, after finally understanding the concept,"

We understand it. But some of us still don't like it (I don't like the UFC's standup rule, either).

I can see it now .... "start the 15 sec clock" ...a couple punches..."stop the 15 sec clock"...nothing..."start the 15 sec clock again"...a couple more punches and an elbow..."stop the clock...a break..."start the, no stop, no start the clock again".

"But some of us still don't like it (I don't like the UFC's standup rule, either)."

I'm in agreement here. Too many hasty standups in most organisations.

In fact I hate standups so badly that I'm gonna start a thread about it.

IF the rule was properly applied it would be fine.

but i guarantee they'll be starting that shot clock within 5 seconds of every take down.

standups in fighting are gay. too bad american fans are such idiots by and large...

The ref should just keep an informal 15 second clock in his head. An actual clock is a stupid idea.