Any 10'ers who DIDNT see UFC 1 live?

Seems like a very strange coincidence that probably 75% of the new members here are professing a borderline ENCYCLOPEDIC knowledge of the sport going back to the original UFC events.

Along with that theres an unexplained 15 year disparity between when they began following the sport and the current 2010 name they post under on here.

Just wanted to put it ou theret for any 10ers who actually did only get into MMA in 2010 to be able to set the record straight before others were to erroniously assume you were a grizzled old school veteran from back in the day.

I didn't watch it live, but my family had it on VHS. I can hardly remember watching it though, I was a little kid. I've been watching MMA since then, and my brother is an 01. 

I am a tuf noob. I got into BJJ after seeing tuf 1 on spike by accident. I fell in love with BJJ/MMA since then and now I am a purple belt under a legit instructor, 30lbs lighter, best shape of my life, and have met with and trained with many famous fighters. So no, I didn't see UFC 1 live but who cares. The fact that you have been a fan longer than others really doesn't mean anything. Phone Post

Only reason I watched it was because my uncle loved anything with men fighting, yea he ended up beig gay, but it turned me into a lifelong fan, Phone Post

UFC 1 was 4 days after my 15th bday and was a freak'n freezing night here in Canada! Phone Post

I've only been following mma since 2005, so no, I didn't see ufc 1 live. Phone Post

I watched it when i was like 16, so around 1998ish. Didn't actually actively start watching it til around 03 or so though.

I still haven't watched UFC 1-35 and I've been watching MMA since 2005 casually for the first couple years. My first fight watching was Gomi vs Azerado which really turned me on to MMA, but I still wasn't ready to forum it up, then I got more into it 2007ish lol. Member on MMAshare for a few years, people told me Sherdog and UG were bad forums, and I didn't know how to navigate too well around the UG until it was the only unblocked forum at work so I had no choice and then I fell in love with you fucks and your MMA knowledge.

Not only did I see it live I was that shady 8 yr old kid bookie taking bets with all those awkward hairy men throwing money at me and screaming a bunch of shit about Jimmerson. Phone Post

MMApostle - I still haven't watched UFC 1-35 and I've been watching MMA since 2005 casually for the first couple years. My first fight watching was Gomi vs Azerado which really turned me on to MMA, but I still wasn't ready to forum it up, then I got more into it 2007ish lol. Member on MMAshare for a few years, people told me Sherdog and UG were bad forums, and I didn't know how to navigate too well around the UG until it was the only unblocked forum at work so I had no choice and then I fell in love with you fucks and your MMA knowledge.

I've seen lots of fights off the cards, just not live nor have I watched the whole fight cards.

i started watching the ufc in 1981

I didn't see it live. And I'm a relatively new fan. I'm 20 and have been following it for about 5 years, Bt still join dates on a website have nothing to do with how big of a fan you are lol. Phone Post

Im a 10er.  First experienced MMA when I joined the Army in 1999.  Never heard of it before then.  Ive been a fan ever since.  Found this site back in 2009, as Jeremy and Jenn were always on it at Elite Performance.  Before that, I usually read articles on Sherdog.

I saw it the first time when I was in high school in '97. One of my friends used to order MMA events on VHS out of magazines. We smoked many a bowl and laughed at the poor production value and Jim Brown's incoherent bullshit. Good times.

I didn't actually see a UFC live until Shamrock and Tito fought the first time.

My first live ppv was Tito vs chuck I. Wasn't really into it at the time, then started watching them again right before chuck vs Wanderlei (Ufc 76 I think?). Phone Post

I am the newest newb here, i guess. I watched on and off over the last ten years or so with friends, but barely paid attention when it was on. UFC 98 was the first ppv I purchased at my house for a friends bday. Was not into until the Hughes Serra fight, then the Machida Evans. Then got ufc 100, 101, and have missed two ppv's since 104. First started learning through Sherdog (ya I know), because espn led me to it, but have been mostly mma.tv and bloody elbow for the past year. I know less than most on here, but you guys have taught me a lot. Ironically, it was somebody posting on Sherdog, who led me to this site. and thankfully, i never had an account over there..

thats my story

I saw ufc 1 at my grandmothers house when I was a kid. I was into TKD then and had no idea what REAL fighting was about. My dad starting doing Japanese Ju jitsu, and I got into it as well. I wrestled i highschool and started bjj shortly after. I started my own grappling tourney circuit in 09 which has allowed me to meet and train with some of the best mma/ bjj fighters in the world. I opened my sherdog account in '03 but was banned about 6 months ago by a rogue faggot of a mod, so I started posting here more often. The iPhone app is the real reason I'm on this forum. Phone Post

I taped UFC 1 live on VHS. Then I went to 10,11,12,14,17,18 to watch Coleman. Then went w/ Cole, Randleman, & Wes to 27,28,&30. Then I reffed 68,77,82,96, & WEC 47... No noob here.

I love the premise of this post!
I, for one, haven't seen any event live. The way I got into MMA was in 2005. My friend showed me the Arona slam from Rampage. I thought it was fucking insane but it felt like a crazy YouTube video your friends show you. He was a huge Rampage fan and told me to watch the 2005, 205GP and I agreed. Of course, Rampage got annihilated early and he was almost in tears. I was looking at him thinking "yeah this is badass, but how the fuck can you be so broken up about this?". We watched the rest of the event and I understood perfectly. My opinion of it went from me thinking these two people are probably some sort of addicts that Japanese people pay like $100 to go apeshit on eachother while they fill seats and make a ton of money, to realizing how that the sport showcases the most complete and dedicated athletes in the world... While trying to destroy his opponents career forever. It was a truly beautiful experience and I've been injecting as much of it as I can into my brain with the largest needle I could find since. Phone Post

iv been following properly since i moved into my current house in 2000 and my neighbours apprentice was training and fighting here in aus.