Any Arisaka Fans?

I'm almost finished restoring a JRZ Arsenal Type 30 Bayonet. Near as I can figure it was made in the 20s. I've got it sharp as a razor, cleaned up pretty while retaining some patina and fully functional on the back end.

Thinking of either raffling it off or keeping it.

WHAT SAY YOU?

Would you mind emailing me a pic? Just curious.
I think you know who I am.

I have one, with a rifle that my grandfather brought back from the war. It's the only thing of his that I have, but it's pretty cool to own.

Dryfly - Would you mind emailing me a pic? Just curious.

Tomorrow for sure! My camera battery died tonight RIGHT before the raffle drawing lol.

I meant to say, I finally picked up the package at the post office today. Thank you a thousand times over! I see some olde-tyme American classic knives in those antlers.

You're a good dude.

B Sharps - I have one, with a rifle that my grandfather brought back from the war. It's the only thing of his that I have, but it's pretty cool to own.

That's fucking awesome.

Pass it down.

Ammo is stupid expensive, and I hear you have to be careful about firing the later model ones. At the end of the war the Japanese were short on metal and gunsmiths, so sometimes they went kaboom instead of boom...

Altofsky - 
Dryfly - Would you mind emailing me a pic? Just curious.

Tomorrow for sure! My camera battery died tonight RIGHT before the raffle drawing lol.

I meant to say, I finally picked up the package at the post office today. Thank you a thousand times over! I see some olde-tyme American classic knives in those antlers.

You're a good dude.

lol
Thanks much Altofsky.

I'll get photos shortly, my ankle is currently the size of a baseball so I'm trying to RICE it as much as possible.

I also have one my grandfather owned and brought back from the Korean War. He bought it off a local villager for like $2.00 USD. 

He then brought it back to lowell and cut down the barrel, replaced the stock, and removed the bayonet. It's still awesome to own, but it's mostly a wall hange for me. It's like $2.00/bullet for those rounds. And the last time I shot it a bullet expanded into the rifling and got stuck in the barrel. I was able to drill it out, but probably not a good idea to ever fire again.

Chris - 

I also have one my grandfather owned and brought back from the Korean War. He bought it off a local villager for like $2.00 USD. 

He then brought it back to lowell and cut down the barrel, replaced the stock, and removed the bayonet. It's still awesome to own, but it's mostly a wall hange for me. It's like $2.00/bullet for those rounds. And the last time I shot it a bullet expanded into the rifling and got stuck in the barrel. I was able to drill it out, but probably not a good idea to ever fire again.

I would say you are right on track with "the never fire it again" outlook.

Sounds like you were lucky last time, not often a bullet gets stuck without peeling the barrel like a banana.

1 Like

Though not the same, this almost the exact condition I bought it in.

For my first restore job, I'm pretty happy.

Altofsky - 

Would for sure buy a few raffle tickets if you decide to go that route...assuming I see the auction in time.

I'm gonna sleep on it

It's either gonna be kept or raffled.

It'd look fucking FANTASTIC on my loft rafter... but I work to make money and this took a good bit of time, lots of elbow grease and a lot of and abrasives. Should've taken before pics. It was rusted like Hillary's cunt.

I'll decide in the morning.

The one GOOD thing for the raffle potential... I don't own an Arisaka...

Though I could buy one lol

We'll see!

No... They're essentially Mauser's, so I should be, but they've never appealed in any way. That said, they're well made guns.

Altofsky - 

Looks great.

My father had one he found under an a abandoned house when he was a kid. He says it was wrapped in greased burlap and covered in grease. It has an  intact chrysanthemum, wire bipod legs and anti-aircraft sights. My grandfather ground the firing pin so he could play Army with it. Oh, to be a young male kid in the 50's. 

Altofsky -

I'll get photos shortly, my ankle is currently the size of a baseball so I'm trying to RICE it as much as possible.

Are you wrapping it? 

If the swelling is that bad, and it doesn;t make the pain too unbearable, I'd suggest wrapping in an ace bandage to reduce the welling to help with pain and mobility.

And don't wait 6 mo to take this suggestion like last time!

Yup lol. My whore mother was a nurse. I know all about wound care.

B Sharps - 
Altofsky - 

Looks great.

Thanks!