Any BJJ/Grappling in S.E. NJ ?

"In Mercer County there is a Straight Blast Gym in Hamilton, not purley BJJ but a good amount of it."

I knew a guy who had gone to one of their affiliates in Bucks County, and what they taught wasn't much BJJ at all.....or at least it didn't seem that way.

Thanks alot people, this helps alot

There are no SBG affiliates in Bucks County.

I live in Hamilton, right next to Trenton. There are boxing gyms there but that is it.

Check out Ricardo or Kurt, you won't be disappointed. If you are looking for SBG there is one in Mercer County, not Bucks.

Kezlon, you can check out Black Belt David Adiv who is in Bridgewater, he is Royler Gracies U.S. rep on the east coast and a phenominal teacher.

Same thing in Bucks county you can see Rosendo Diaz or Brett Hoover who are also Royler affiliates.

Check out www.royler.com

Also, Kurt is a great teacher and fantastic wrestler if you get the chance to see him. I heard they are opening another school in Middletown (monmouth county)

"what about south like vineland or AC?"

No offense or anything, but why would you move to vineland? I grew up there and couldn't wait to get out.

"On another thread, someone also said there's a Judo club in Vineland that's pretty well regarded..."

I know a judo club there that's on the top floor of an old church (the bottom floor is a restaurant now i think). Those guys are legit, though. They concentrated on ground work alot more than i thought they would.

I believe Edson Carvalho teaches in Avon aka Avon By The Sea.

"I believe Edson Carvalho teaches in Avon aka Avon By The Sea. "

I'm pretty close to that town. First I'm hearing about any BJJ school in Avon.

A Renzo student - Danny Ivey - used to teach in Western Freehold (near Jackson) at a small martial arts school not far from Six Flags "Great Adventure". Not sure if he still does.

Middletown NJ, which is Middlesex Co. next to Monmouth, had a Renzo Gracie school which met at Golds Gym. Not sure if it's still there.

PKA (Proffessional Karate Assoc.) in Red Bank - the next town over - has a BJJ group that meets several days per week. They are Machado affiliated. Alot of mat work at that place. Nice facility. Not cheap.

I am a student who currently rolls in Avon. It is an Edson Carvalho school, but is run by BJJ BB Mario Lemos, formerly of the Rickson Gracie academy. Mario received his brown belt from Rickson and his black from Edson, after winning the master's division in Brazil last year. He has been training for for 20+ years and is a wealth of knowledge. The school is fairly new and is growing slowly, due to lack of advertising. I'd love to keep it a secret, but I want it to last. Lastly, Mario is a hell of a nice guy. The school is on Main St in Avon NJ and has classes M-Th 7:00, Sat 10:30 (Open Mat) and Sun @ 11:00. Also M-W afternoon classes.

"go to Axtell apartments in Vineland & try to test your BJJ & street fighting skills there."

LOL I grew up there.

"go to Axtell apartments in Vineland & try to test your BJJ & street fighting skills there."

LOL I grew up there."

My fiance grew one town over in Pittsgrove and said she wouldn't even drive near there. :)

Max