any chance of ronda vs. cyborg?

i dunno.... was trying to come up with a thread that hasn't been repeated 1000 times (recently)

but... just was thinking... if ronda came back... maybe do the cyborg fight now

if she really did want to come back with a really big fight.... could just go for that at the higher weight... in fact you could start a new ufc weight class champ around that fight...

with meishas tough weight cut... new ownership etc... could be a big event

I'm sure you could sell the fight to the casual fan just because it's ronda... and her big comeback fight...

just some thoughts.... I'm sure she'd like to fight holm again or whoever has the belt.... nunes vs. rousey would be interesting for sure...

what do you heathens think Phone Post 3.0

Great chance!

It would be a snowball fight and it would take place in hell. Phone Post 3.0

Rabid Bunyip - Great chance!

It would be a snowball fight and it would take place in hell. Phone Post 3.0
lol Phone Post 3.0

I am willing to SN bet anyone that this fight will never happen

Cyborg is never making 135 and it doesn't make sense for Ronda to fight her unless she has a belt. And even then, I don't think she'd fight her. Phone Post 3.0

no way, cyborg would die if she lost 4lb of muscle and UFC doesn't want to be responcible for that

Fabes - Cyborg is never making 135 and it doesn't make sense for Ronda to fight her unless she has a belt. And even then, I don't think she'd fight her. Phone Post 3.0

this

ronda wants nothing of cyborg

N

O.

No.

NO! Phone Post 3.0

Fabes - Cyborg is never making 135 and it doesn't make sense for Ronda to fight her unless she has a belt. And even then, I don't think she'd fight her. Phone Post 3.0

Fabes

I appreciate your opinion but with respect, I don't understand the ideology behind "it doesn't make sense" . Cyborg vs Ronda is a fight the fans want to see regardless of the circumstances. I agree that now maybe Ronda has no motivation to want to fight Cris but maybe if she wins her next fight and gains confidence she will want to go to 140 to make the fight happen. Ronda is on record saying her career wouldn't feel complete without fighting Cris and I am in the minority who believes the fight will happen

Please find below the link two polls, 

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/ns/forums/UnderGround/Which-WMMA-fight-do-you-want-to-see-the-most:2572678

http://forum.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=1&thread=2577147&page=1&pc=8

The results in the first poll show that Ronda vs Holly and Cris vs Holly are the two fights that fans want to see. The second recent poll so far show that fans want to see Cris vs Holly.

In my opinion Cris vs Ronda with the build up, backstory and prefight talking will be the biggest WMMA fight in history 

I say yes.

Ronda has lost. Badly. Ice cold.

So she no longer has invincibility to protect.

She has zero to lose.

Cyborg beats her? Oh well. Cyborg is MADE and retired another to movies.

If Ronda wins? That Holly loss now doesn't matter.

Ronda becomes the baddest chick walking.

Reality? Ronda won't take such a risk and likely doesn't want the Carano hamburger face.

But a win over Cyborg brings Ronda back to her mythical level, eliminates her dragon and a loss turns Cyborg perhaps into a female star that's must see PPV for 2 years. Phone Post 3.0

I don't think to would happen but I would love to see Cyborg shut Honda up already and even tho Cris got popped for whatever roid she did she's still a legend and pioneer of woman MMA and deserves the nice pay day that comes with fighting Honda. And FYI Meisha has said it a few times that she would she is undersized and would rather fight at 125. So 135 is not a hard cut for her. Phone Post 3.0

There is no chance of that bout ever taking place. Lets keep in mind, Ronda wanted absolutely no part of Cyborg when Cyborg was champ, and Ronda was a contender in her weight division. None at all. In fact, Ronda left the division, instead of facing Cyborg, and made the very difficult cut, down to 135, instead. She has hid there all these years, demanding Cyborg come to her, as opposed to a champion vs champion bout at 140.

Some athletes want to test themselves and some want redemption. Ronda does not want either. She wants nothing to do with Holly Holm and even less to do with Cyborg.

I know nothing about the current champ at 135, so I can't comment on a bout against her, but I'll tell you, if Ronda Rousey ever fights again and that's very doubtful, it will not be against anyone who she feels poses a serious threat to her. Her mind is just way too screwed up to risk another catastrophic loss. And that's what would happen if she ever faces Cyborg.

Bingo'd by Bisping -
Bailx - i dunno.... was trying to come up with a thread that hasn't been repeated 1000 times (recently)

but... just was thinking... if ronda came back... maybe do the cyborg fight now

if she really did want to come back with a really big fight.... could just go for that at the higher weight... in fact you could start a new ufc weight class champ around that fight...

with meishas tough weight cut... new ownership etc... could be a big event

I'm sure you could sell the fight to the casual fan just because it's ronda... and her big comeback fight...

just some thoughts.... I'm sure she'd like to fight holm again or whoever has the belt.... nunes vs. rousey would be interesting for sure...

what do you heathens think Phone Post 3.0

Ronda vs Cyborg seems to be the fight that most people are voting for in this poll.   Go weigh in.

New Women's MMA Fight Poll! Poll Thread

(14) [728] by Bingo'd by Bisping

lol not even close.   Much higher for Ronda vs Holly.

Did it change that much in the last hour?

Honestly i think nunes would destroy rousey. Cyborg is like a bigger, stronger, harder hitting nunes. Ronda stays retired imo Phone Post 3.0

Cyborg wants nothing to do with Ronda or it would have happened already. Phone Post 3.0

Rousey wants nothing to do with anybody that can beat her. The best chance of seeing Rousey back in the cage would have been if Tate had won her fight with Nunes. She doesn't want any part of Cyborg, Holm or Nunes.

judonoob - Cyborg wants nothing to do with Ronda or it would have happened already. Phone Post 3.0
140lbs and it's a done deal.

Fight will never happen at 135--and seeing as Ronda is retired probably will never happen at 140 or 145 Phone Post 3.0

Ray Elbe -
judonoob - Cyborg wants nothing to do with Ronda or it would have happened already. Phone Post 3.0
140lbs and it's a done deal.

Fight will never happen at 135--and seeing as Ronda is retired probably will never happen at 140 or 145 Phone Post 3.0
She had years to make 135. She decided she didn't want to sacrifice a few lbs of muscle.
Buh-bye millions of dollars.

By all accounts, Ronda has set herself up for life. She doesn't need the money so if she comes back, even though she would make bank, it would be for the competition. Phone Post 3.0

Sunkist1207 -
Fabes - Cyborg is never making 135 and it doesn't make sense for Ronda to fight her unless she has a belt. And even then, I don't think she'd fight her. Phone Post 3.0

Fabes

I appreciate your opinion but with respect, I don't understand the ideology behind "it doesn't make sense" . Cyborg vs Ronda is a fight the fans want to see regardless of the circumstances. I agree that now maybe Ronda has no motivation to want to fight Cris but maybe if she wins her next fight and gains confidence she will want to go to 140 to make the fight happen. Ronda is on record saying her career wouldn't feel complete without fighting Cris and I am in the minority who believes the fight will happen

Please find below the link two polls, 

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/ns/forums/UnderGround/Which-WMMA-fight-do-you-want-to-see-the-most:2572678

http://forum.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=1&thread=2577147&page=1&pc=8

The results in the first poll show that Ronda vs Holly and Cris vs Holly are the two fights that fans want to see. The second recent poll so far show that fans want to see Cris vs Holly.

In my opinion Cris vs Ronda with the build up, backstory and prefight talking will be the biggest WMMA fight in history 

Second poll results are misleading because only options were cyborg vs 135ers, cyborg vs 145 contenders wasn't an option - wmma fans are sick of seeing the self proclaimed wmma goat in fights with substantial size advantages over her opponents Phone Post 3.0