Any doubt edman shahbazyan will be champ?

I see this kid becoming champion and very soon. He probably could beat style bender right now. Give him another year or year and a half and id bet he be atleast a 2-1 favorite. Who was the last guy you felt that hyped about as i do about this kid? Plz lets exclude connor cause he was hyped major before he even fought in ufc

Conor

2 Likes

Let's see a lot of people thought Rory, lauzon were going to be champ too. A lot can happen, he may just party the next 5 years and never take the next step. He's looked good but I don't think he's the most athletic, has to rely on skill more than anything. 

Rory maybe but joe lauzon??? Who ever thought he would be champ? Solid fighter never figured he be a champ. Was the lawler rory fight for a title? Rory had the talent to be a champ but this kid just seems mush more talented imo but we will see

Kinda surprised more peoplw dont have an opinion on him. Have that cew seen him fight?

tanner904 -

Rory maybe but joe lauzon??? Who ever thought he would be champ? Solid fighter never figured he be a champ. Was the lawler rory fight for a title? Rory had the talent to be a champ but this kid just seems mush more talented imo but we will see

Lauzon came off TUF and anhilated Pulver a former champ. He was very young at the time and had a ton of hype.

1 Like

Yes still a lot of doubt but he is a good prospect

dinkledorf -
tanner904 -

Lauzon came off TUF and anhilated Pulver a former champ. He was very young at the time and had a ton of hype.

Jmo pit i think you are over remembering how good joe was. He was a very good fighter no doubt about that at all in his time. Pulver was an older fighter by then if I remember right pulver wasn't exactly setting the world on fire when joe beats him. Pulver got to fight bj for the title aimply because of their past and it made good feality tv but no one expected him to beat penn.  no say a guy like deigo sanchez when he first came out and won season one of TUF i think there was hupe he could be a champ one day. He just was never quite to that level. Joe was very slick on the ground if I remember correctly. I went back and looked at his record and he never even string more than two wins in a row togther in the ufc and you think their was totle hype around him?

even yho they werent quite title level guys when theywere at their best sanchez, joe daddy maybe even, josh koscheck for sure. I think all 3 of those guys got totle fights right? I know kos and sanchez did idk about joe.  Speaking of tuf how bad sid they want to get eis of evans in season 2????   I would almost say there was some racism in there a little. Im not aaying they wanted him gone just cause he was black but is i remember hughes didnt like evans "show boating" now its a hugh part of the sport.  I because a high evans fans during that show cause the ufc was to atupid at the time to have rounds so hughea just picked one of hia guys to beat evans everyfight. I remember mike qhitehead matt hughea darling thought he was gonna whip evans and he lost easily. So evans fought way more fights and got better each foght while doing it then aftrt beatinging highea fighters he has to foght his own teams mates. They owned the dhow they could have said this is stupid snd unfair but they didnt and if one fighter earned his tuf title it was evans for sure.  Evans went on to habe a great career while the nest best fighter on the show was who? Jardine maybe? We missed out on alot of mstch ups cause they wanted evans gone so bad

tanner904 -
dinkledorf -
tanner904 -

Jmo pit i think you are over remembering how good joe was. He was a very good fighter no doubt about that at all in his time. Pulver was an older fighter by then if I remember right pulver wasn't exactly setting the world on fire when joe beats him. Pulver got to fight bj for the title aimply because of their past and it made good feality tv but no one expected him to beat penn.  no say a guy like deigo sanchez when he first came out and won season one of TUF i think there was hupe he could be a champ one day. He just was never quite to that level. Joe was very slick on the ground if I remember correctly. I went back and looked at his record and he never even string more than two wins in a row togther in the ufc and you think their was totle hype around him?

even yho they werent quite title level guys when theywere at their best sanchez, joe daddy maybe even, josh koscheck for sure. I think all 3 of those guys got totle fights right? I know kos and sanchez did idk about joe.  Speaking of tuf how bad sid they want to get eis of evans in season 2????   I would almost say there was some racism in there a little. Im not aaying they wanted him gone just cause he was black but is i remember hughes didnt like evans "show boating" now its a hugh part of the sport.  I because a high evans fans during that show cause the ufc was to atupid at the time to have rounds so hughea just picked one of hia guys to beat evans everyfight. I remember mike qhitehead matt hughea darling thought he was gonna whip evans and he lost easily. So evans fought way more fights and got better each foght while doing it then aftrt beatinging highea fighters he has to foght his own teams mates. They owned the dhow they could have said this is stupid snd unfair but they didnt and if one fighter earned his tuf title it was evans for sure.  Evans went on to habe a great career while the nest best fighter on the show was who? Jardine maybe? We missed out on alot of mstch ups cause they wanted evans gone so bad

None of what you just said changes the fact that Joe had a good amount of us here who thought he could be a champ. He was a young ass kid when he beat Mike Brown. That was probably closer to the beginning.

Uriah Hall. After watching him on TUF, I was sure he would be an immediate contender - heck, Chael even said so and Uncle Chael is NEVER wrong! Hall certainly had all the skills. 

tanner904 -
dinkledorf -
tanner904 -

It is true not many expected rashad to be champ one day but he proved them wrong. To be fair though he was losing to Chuck before he landed that hailmary iirc. 

Lauzon had hype, mainly because of his age and also because he came off pretty intelligent. There were fights were he just steamrolled his opponents I still find it surprising that he never even made it to a title shot. 

1 Like

Let's see him first versus a top 10 opponent 

I'm high on him. He's got the skills to pay the bills, but unfortunately for him his biggest threat currently holds the strap. Adesanya matches his skillset, and Adesanya has competed at a higher level in that skillset. Shabazyan is not going to outstrike a former K1 striker in Adesanya. Will be one hell of a matchup, and I love what the future holds for him. 185lb is a tough division to climb.. he has some killers to get through before he even sniffs the strap. Tavares got destroyed! 

I have my doubts, sir.

Im w OP on this one he is def a high level prospect at this point. The only thing we havent seen is how he reacts to adversity. His stand-up and ground look above average, he has that killer instinct to finish but without going full berserka, poise and all the time in the world. As long as they dont push him to quickly he is a good chance to be fighting for a belt at some point.