Any Fans Of The Old Guardians Of The Galaxy?

I know the ones in the movie are the big deal now, anyone read the first as a kid like i did. I marked out like a motherfucker when vance astro got caps shield. Talon(inhuman) who came aboard later on talked about how an in human royal betrayed the kingdom,think it may have been quicksilver,crystals daughter.

I have a bunch of their stuff from the 80's/90's somewhere. It was decent, but I got sick of the "one who knows" schtick.

I have most of the original run.

Bigger fan of the classic team than I am of the current line up.

Both are cool but childhood wins this one. Phone Post 3.0

Starlord was much, much cooler.... Phone Post 3.0

I didn't even know about the new version so when I was watching the movie I kept waiting for the purple guy with the Mohawk to appear Phone Post 3.0

kungfumullet - I didn't even know about the new version so when I was watching the movie I kept waiting for the purple guy with the Mohawk to appear Phone Post 3.0
You mean Yondu?
He's in it, just without the big fin on his head and a bit more battle hardened. Phone Post 3.0

Yondu is NOTHING like the old character. They fucked him over hard!!

I remember Vance Astro was cool until he took the mask off and looked like a gay Rambo.

Starhawk was the bomb though "Trust the word of one who knows" and all that

i thought the original GotG was cool in their powersets and how they came to have them

From old man memory: e.g. Nikki was from Mercury so she had hair of fire

Martinex was from Pluto where it was cold, so he was crystal

my fave - Charlie-27 - strong guy of the group cos he was from Jupiter (?) where gravity was heavy

Yondu, the fin head that was an archer - forgot what planet he was from, cool he whistled and the arrows responded to him

hmmm, digression Yondu > Hawkguy > Green Arrow

what was going on with Starhawk? at some point, he turned female, Aleta, or he split into male/female?

He was his own wife.

She had beef with him because he let their kids die.

Stickgrappler - i thought the original GotG was cool in their powersets and how they came to have them

From old man memory: e.g. Nikki was from Mercury so she had hair of fire

Martinex was from Pluto where it was cold, so he was crystal

my fave - Charlie-27 - strong guy of the group cos he was from Jupiter (?) where gravity was heavy

Yondu, the fin head that was an archer - forgot what planet he was from, cool he whistled and the arrows responded to him

hmmm, digression Yondu > Hawkguy > Green Arrow

what was going on with Starhawk? at some point, he turned female, Aleta, or he split into male/female?

Green Arrow's actual super power is to bang any vagina within a 50 mile radius.