Any fat people want help not being fat?

I used to be really fat. Now I'm not really fat. I think I could help other people do the same.

I'm not a fitness authority and currently I'm in average shape (was 345 at my heaviest, am 209 right now and about 18% bodyfat). So I'm not looking to argue with people over what the "best" diet or exercise program is.

I think I can be the most help to people who are significantly overweight. At that stage, it is more of a mental battle than anything else. I'd help you work out a diet and exercise plan and I'd give you my email address so I can answer questions to help you along.

Feel free to message me and I'll send you my email.

In Phone Post 3.0

I think it's important you give your height, OP. 209 lbs at 6' 1" vs. 5' 7" etc. is important. Congrats on your weight loss.

I'm 6'2". But it isn't about me or claiming I have achieved some pinnacle of fitness.

GenericAmerican - I'm 6'2". But it isn't about me or claiming I have achieved some pinnacle of fitness.

No, I understand and you made that clear in your original post. I think the fact you are 6' 2" helps your cause in attempting to help people because you're tall and 209 lbs isn't a bad weight at all for that height.

Vu op Phone Post 3.0

Thingading - I think it's important you give your height, OP. 209 lbs at 6' 1" vs. 5' 7" etc. is important. Congrats on your weight loss.

also body fat is just as important. 5'7" at 209 with 15% BF is better then 6'2" 209 with 25% bf

BruteDion - 
Thingading - I think it's important you give your height, OP. 209 lbs at 6' 1" vs. 5' 7" etc. is important. Congrats on your weight loss.

also body fat is just as important. 5'7" at 209 with 15% BF is better then 6'2" 209 with 25% bf

Yep. He gives his body fat in his original post.

Thingading - 
BruteDion - 

Yep. He gives his body fat in his original post.

oh didnt see that. my bad

/\/\/\ No biggie. You're right about the body fat and nothing wrong with mentioning it again.

Because exercise is good for you. Are you dumb? Phone Post 3.0

I'm a fat fuck. I need to eat less. (Love me some food) I'm like 6'3", 265. I was 6' 220lbs at like 17 playing hockey. Almost 20 yrs of smoking, (quit about 7 months ago) married 9yrs with 2 kids and here I am. Dr said I should lose about 25lbs. Dealing with sleep apnea (had machine for about a month) and I have ZERO energy. Have a follow up appt in a couple weeks to see what my blood work says. Hopefully I'm deficient in something that is causing me to be exhausted all the time. Phone Post 3.0

OriginalTUFer - 
Amos Moses - Because exercise is good for you. Are you dumb? Phone Post 3.0
Exercise increases appetite.
Exercise causes people to think they're "working hard" and "doing good", which makes them more likely to treat themselves.
Early obesity researchers prescribed bed rest to obese patients because it makes it much easier to maintain a low calorie diet.

You tell an obese person to exercise and they will burn an extra few thousand calories a week. The benefit of that is minuscule compared to the risk of deviating from the diet.
You can't outrun the fork. Phone Post 3.0

I agree. Especially when someone is doing it on their own (or with only online help). I think obese people have to focus on diet first. But that depends on the person, which is why I said I would work with people to come up with a diet/exercise plan. I didn't say what that would involve. I was intentionally vague because I didn't want this thread to become a debate about what approach to weight loss is best.

If you are obese, you are already following a bad plan. My advice certainly won't be worse than that.

I'm not looking to give someone the "secret" or the one ultimate diet and workout routine, because there is an endless amount of that already available to them online for free. I'm looking to work with people and be a continuing point of contact until they have established permanent habits and are living a different lifestyle. That's the only real solution.

I have another OGer that I helped start on a calorie counting program and he dropped 14 lbs in the first few weeks. Waiting to hear an update from him.

"I'd help you work out a diet and exercise plan..."

So how again is exercise bad if you're following a diet? Phone Post 3.0

In I guess. I could use any help although I know the main reasons why I'm fat. I fucking love food, tasty full fat cheesy food. I was able to keep that to a respectable level of small portions every once an awhile. Then got the depo shot and it made me ravenously hungry. I wasn't small before but I gained 30-35lbs since this time last year. Phone Post 3.0

Sure Phone Post 3.0

OriginalTUFer -
Amos Moses - "I'd help you work out a diet and exercise plan..."

I see you failed to read, or at least comprehend, my post. Phone Post 3.0
Following a diet while exercising is more effective than just following a diet.

I think OP realizes the mental aspect, which is why he's offering his personal email for communicatio. Phone Post 3.0

Amos Moses - "I'd help you work out a diet and exercise plan..."

He did already answer it, but basically, it's not that exercise is bad if you're following a diet. It is that most people who try to use exercise to lose weight end up eating more (often without realizing it), so they don't lose weight. Then they decide that "diets don't work" or "exercise doesn't work".

In a controlled environment, like with a personal trainer or people on Biggest Loser, you can produce incredible results with heavy exercise and strict dieting. But when people do that alone (especially people who already have a bad history with controlling food intake), they rarely achieve good results.

You can always eat more than you can burn. I find it better to focus on diet in the beginning. We aren't talking about what is scientifically or humanly possible, we are talking about what is most likely to produce the desired result in someone who has shown to have an issue with something.

I'm fat, I'm lazy and I have a poor work ethic. Luckily I was endowed with a huge cock and bank account(I wish QQ).