Any Geocachers on the OG?

Just listed to an old "stuff you should know" podcast about Geocaching and it sounds awesome.

Anyone here do it? Any good stories?

I think I might give it a go, any tips? Phone Post 3.0

My boss is mad about it, and is always on at me to do it.

My folks have done it too and they digged it Phone Post 3.0

Boynamedsue - My boss is mad about it, and is always on at me to do it.

My folks have done it too and they digged it Phone Post 3.0
They dug it huh?

What you did there, I see it Phone Post 3.0

I've gone with my dad a couple times. It's one of his favorite hobbies. Very rewarding. Some people put the cache in sneaky spots and finding those is a great feeling. It's like conquering a puzzle. As a complimentary gift, you get to be outside for a while. All in all a fun hobby if you're into GPS and problem solving. Phone Post 3.0

Oh, and a short story. One time our GPS said we're right in top of it. Only thing there that was around was this electrical box. Looking, looking, and looking. My dad inspects the box a little more. Pulls off a false magnetic sticker that looked like the electric company put it on. Turns out that false sticker was the cache. Blew my mind. Phone Post 3.0

My best friend was an early adopter. I haven't asked him about it recently, but I have the sense that it can be uglier now.

^^more pranks, more danger, more legal interference, more shitty people, same as anything else fun.

^Don't let me be a buzzkill. I barely know what the fuck I'm talking about. People still enjoy doing it.

What the fuck is it. I'm going wiki Phone Post 3.0

Started caching in 2005. Don't go much now but its a great way to explore new places. Phone Post 3.0

WriteBelt - Started caching in 2005. Don't go much now but its a great way to explore new places. Phone Post 3.0
Been doing it for a long time but haven't gotten a cache in a long time. Phone Post 3.0

Its fun, I have a GPS that I use when I go places that are really remote. I also have a the app for my iphone when I am traveling. It's a good time killer and the kids think its fun, I tell them we are going on a treasure hunt and if there is something they like, they get to take it. I have not encountered any geocache locations that have been destroyed by other people have malicious fun.

I try and do a lot of geocaching, I think it is fun, what questions can I answer about it?

charms434 - What the fuck is it. I'm going wiki Phone Post 3.0
I posted this earlier and throughout today. Not only have I found my first cache. But I ordered a trackable, to start my own box.
It's fun! Phone Post 3.0

charms434 -
charms434 - What the fuck is it. I'm going wiki Phone Post 3.0
I posted this earlier and throughout today. Not only have I found my first cache. But I ordered a trackable, to start my own box.
It's fun! Phone Post 3.0
Google pinecone cache. Phone Post 3.0

I had a pretty big thread on it a couple years ago. I was doing it with my kids and it was pretty fun. A few guys from here started doing it and got into it.

I'll fire up the iPhone app from time to time and see what's nearby. Phone Post 3.0

Don't alert the muggles! Phone Post 3.0

Gf is addicted. Drags me out hiking all the time. It's actually pretty cool and makes walking the dogs a lot more interesting. Phone Post 3.0

Keep in mind that unless you have a kickass GPS device you might be pretty far off the mark. OK to Decent devices still can be as much as 15-30 feet accurate or they can be almost dead on. So if the guy hiding the cache and you only have OK devices then you might be looking at a 60' circle where the cache might be.

Just got back actually. I travel for work from time to time and everywhere I go I find 5-10... Hopefully by next year I will hit 10,000. Phone Post 3.0