any good book for motivation?

To be franck i am above average in all area.

I know how to make friends, i know how to sell, i know what to say in a social environment, I am kind of clever and good looking and I can fuck a new lady anytime I go out.

The only problem I have is that I am a lasy motherfucker.

When I am "on", I am "on and no one can stop me. the problem is that I am "on" 2 days per months, the rest of the time I am just doing my job.
I have no problem doing the results my company ask me...but I feel the greatness is close to my door and i need to open this fucking door in order to pass a gap and enter the world of the 1%.

so my question is : any good book on motivation or any tip that will put some fire under my ass?

thanks in advance bro....and discuss Motherfuckers!!!!!

Meth

Im with you bro.. but I bet Im better looking. Wanna put 50$ on it, let the OG vote?

Two easy books:

The Alchemist by Paul Coelho

Candide by Voltaire

Read them back-to-back.

No book will tell you what you want to spend your time on.  You need to find something you're passionate about, and the laziness will go away.  

AttentionDeficitDizzle - Two easy books:

The Alchemist by Paul Coelho

Candide by Voltaire

Read them back-to-back.

I am going to check them

Mencken - 

No book will tell you what you want to spend your time on.  You need to find something you're passionate about, and the laziness will go away.  

procrastination is a real problem fren....maybe I shall see a shrimp....

Maybe you have a procrastination problem?

These 2 books by psychologists will help you:

http://www.amazon.com/Solving-Procrastination-Puzzle-Concise-Strategies/dp/0399168125/

www.amazon.com/The-Procrastination-Equation-Putting-Getting/dp/0061703621/

Maybe you have ADHD?

People with ADHD have motivation deficit disorder.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3010326/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTuqqExgX3s

Men are from mars, women are from venus. Phone Post 3.0

Sorry to be anti-motivational but if you're not self motivated, you never will be. That's a personality trait you're stuck with. There are ways and systems to follow that force you to keep up with goals and they do work but they come with a mental price. For people with your personality, keeping up with your goals becomes extremely tiring to follow and you will quickly become stressed from constantly "doing" and keeping up with what you should be doing. You'll break down one day and skip the system and then you're fucked for 6 months when you finally realize you were supposed to be following a system.

It's almost like extrovert vs introvert. To feel normal and relaxed extroverts need to interact with others in order to hash out thoughts and ideas they have stuck in their head where as introverts need alone time to figure their thoughts out on their own. You avoid stress by putting things off and not doing while motivated people get things done to avoid the stress of not doing.

Z NEDCMK1 -

To be franck i am above average in all area.

I know how to make friends, i know how to sell, i know what to say in a social environment, I am kind of clever and good looking and I can fuck a new lady anytime I go out.

I am not trying to be a dick, but just being honest.

I think what would help you the most would not be some sort of book on motivation. You self assess yourself as having all the attributes necesary to attain your goals, but lay the blame for not reaching them yet on laziness.

Step one would be to have a more realistic view of yourself and your weaknesses. Basically you come off like the kids wearing Nike's "Talented, but Lazy" tshirts.

Laziness certainly isn't the problem, and if you are only "on" 6% of the time, you are most likely never "on".

Look to have a more realistic self assesment so that you can focus on the areas where you truly need improvement. To say that you are good at everything, but just don't try is not being honest with yourself.

I did not say that i was great but above average in all area. It is pretty honest opinion. Sorry if it did not go well, english is not my first language.

And i did not say i was working just 6% of the time but that i was surperforming 6% of the time. The rest of the time i am working normally like everyone. But i want to find the motivation to be surperforming at least 50% of the time.

I guess english is not your primary language too.... Phone Post 3.0

Z NEDCMK1 -

I am not trying to be a dick JuJubre, just being honest.

Your defensiveness supports my statement.

Ok thanks for your Interresting input. It is going to change my Life.

I guess it is the only way i can answer if i dont want to be called défensive by an og psychologist. Phone Post 3.0

I bought a book called "How to Get Things Done", and never got round to reading it. True story.

"any good book on motivation or any tip that will put some fire under my ass?"

Desperation and a do-or-die situation are usually ways for somebody to get motivated and stay motivated.

Perhaps you need to engage in activities where there are only two options, i.e., win or lose, and that the opportunities for success only happen once, or are very few and far between.

Working at a job or being involved in activities where "there's always tomorrow" or "better luck next time", doesn't create the same sense of urgency and gravity.

Z NEDCMK1 - 
jujubre - 
Z NEDCMK1 -

I am not trying to be a dick JuJubre, just being honest.

Your defensiveness supports my statement.

Ok thanks for your Interresting input. It is going to change my Life.

I guess it is the only way i can answer if i dont want to be called défensive by an og psychologist. Phone Post 3.0

I am not a psychologist, just someone presenting their opinion on a message board.

I will leave now, and hopefully some of the others who could be great business tycoons, writers, politicians, innovators, and the like (if they only utilized the potential they have) to respond with some quick fix answers that'll reinforce the notion that you could do so much more, immediately, if you only tapped into all of these skills you have already maximized, motivation aside of course.

no problem bro.

DId not want to hurt your feeling. I just answered because you did your own analysis without taking the correct from my post.
you said that I was thinking I was "great" while I said "above average" and you said I was working just 6% of he time...while I was precise and said that I worked everyday but surperforming rarely.
I thought it was legitime to answer. Did not know I was just suppose to say "Amen" to the analysis of the OG doc.

Sorry.

ps : you sound defensive now.

ryans - I bought a book called "How to Get Things Done", and never got round to reading it. True story.

I have seen this book at the library...maybe it is the book I need in order to find a way to organise my time.

will give it a go.

Ned.. Don't leave. I was actually learning from what you're saying. Don't leave because OP caught feelings Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for the recommandation bro. Will check it ;-) Phone Post 3.0

jujubre - To be franck i am above average in all area.

When I am "on", I am "on and no one can stop me. the problem is that I am "on" 2 days per months, the rest of the time I am just doing my job.
I have no problem doing the results my company ask me...but I feel the greatness is close to my door and i need to open this fucking door in order to pass a gap and enter the world of the 1%.

so my question is : any good book on motivation or any tip that will put some fire under my ass?

thanks in advance bro....and discuss Motherfuckers!!!!!

Look at the main crux of your post.

"I know, I know, I know, I am, I can, I go, I have, I am, I am, I am, me, I am, I am, I have, my, I feel, I need, my question, my ass"

What you appear to be looking for is find a way to perfect the thing or psychological entity that is already making you feel unsuccessful and happy.

"All the evil in the world, all the happiness, comes from the I-concept"

- Wei Wu Wei

You can get this book now or wait until you actually get everything you want,  like many rich and/or famous people do, only to find out it hasn't solved all your problems.

But rather than take the short cut, it is likely you will continue attempting to perfect the "self", which was always a fiction to begin with...which is why it makes you incomplete(not-whole, un-holy).

What this book will do, rather than make you successful, is provoke you to look in the opposite direction for happiness and completeness.