Any NutNfancy fans here?

Any fellow TNP'rs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW8BZ7pRt28

And we have our first hater! Check! LOL

Rhymenoceros - Ok, let me flesh it out a bit.

What are his credentials to talk about tactical stuff? He's an airforce reserve pilot. He's not a door kicker, and never has been.

What are his credentials to talk about marksmanship? He's not a good shooter. He says "I'm an accomplished shooter." Well what has he accomplished?

I think about his only credentials is that he's from Utah and he goes camping a lot, so he probably knows a bit about that. Probably not as much as a bunch of the dreadlocked hippy dudes in Utah who hike deep into the back country every summer and who spend all winter "earning their turns" hiking through powder and telemarking down.

I guess he CCWs a lot, so he knows about that, but the thing is he dresses like a guy who has two guns, four knives, a flash light, and a can of pepper spray on him. You can pick those dudes out so easily, they might as well be open carrying.

I'm with Rhymenoceros on this.

I've ranted about this before, but it always irritates the shit out of me that we have all these armchair tactical experts who have never walked the walk in their lives.

Maybe they've been to a couple of courses, watched some videos and read some articles, but unless you've spent time as a trigger puller and put your life on the line with those skill sets, I don't give a shit what you have to say.

Now, as far as marksmanship goes, there are a ton of credentialed civilians who could shoot circles around some of the most hardcore pipehitters I've ever met, but when it comes to tactics, gear, equipment, etc. for combat or a "tactical" environment, leave that to those who have been there.

I've been for a long time now. I'm not a huge fan but he has a ton of gear so he's a good source for reviews. I wish he did more solo camping/bushcraft vids like he did years ago. Used to love the backpack loadout vids 

I don't watch his videos or value his opinions. 

Every once in a while I watch a review on a piece of gear. That's about all I look at from him. 

His videos are too long and he talks too much.  I tried watching a few and wanted to break the screen out of frustration.

He is to long winded for me. I prefer Tim Harmsen on the military arms channel

I like his knife videos but don't pay attention to the rest. Nick Shabazz is the best knife reviewer on the planet but that's another topic. 

Trust -

I don't watch his stuff as much as I used to.  He's never claimed to be an expert in CQB or marksmanship, and in fact he often admonishes the viewer that he's just giving his opinion and that it's just a "data point" to consider, and that viewers should look further than just his videos.  I don't recall him saying there is a definitive right or wrong way to do something when it comes to guns. He routinely says things like "that's just my personal opinion."  I don't watch his videos as serious training, mostly just as "infotainment."  

He does a decent job or putting guns through a fair amount of shooting for his reviews, and finding flaws or a lack of flaws.  

He got heavily criticized for his video about how shooting a milk jug at 1000 yards isn't easy; I don't know why.  I do think the average gun owner would have a hard time, without having had some training or a lot of long range shooting experience, in hitting that target.  

He's a big gun rights supporter, and he's done a few videos on some people in need and got people some help.

My only complaint with him is that I think he could edit his videos to be about 75% the length they usually run. 

The gun channels on YouTube I often watch are TNP, MAC (Military Arms Channel), IraqVeteran8888, Sootch, 22Plinkster, Demolition Ranch, TWANGnBANG, Hijak86, MrGunsGear, The Yankee Marshall, NeverEnuffAmmo, TiborasaurusRex, and TFB TV.  

I don't watch Hickok45 anymore, but he has a lot of good videos focusing on specific guns.  

Could not have said it better myself TRust!

I check in on his channel from time to time. I have never watched a vid of his from beginning to end, though. 

Trust - 

I don't watch his stuff as much as I used to.  He's never claimed to be an expert in CQB or marksmanship, and in fact he often admonishes the viewer that he's just giving his opinion and that it's just a "data point" to consider, and that viewers should look further than just his videos.  I don't recall him saying there is a definitive right or wrong way to do something when it comes to guns. He routinely says things like "that's just my personal opinion."  I don't watch his videos as serious training, mostly just as "infotainment."  

He does a decent job or putting guns through a fair amount of shooting for his reviews, and finding flaws or a lack of flaws.  

He got heavily criticized for his video about how shooting a milk jug at 1000 yards isn't easy; I don't know why.  I do think the average gun owner would have a hard time, without having had some training or a lot of long range shooting experience, in hitting that target.  

He's a big gun rights supporter, and he's done a few videos on some people in need and got people some help.

My only complaint with him is that I think he could edit his videos to be about 75% the length they usually run. 

The gun channels on YouTube I often watch are TNP, MAC (Military Arms Channel), IraqVeteran8888, Sootch, 22Plinkster, Demolition Ranch, TWANGnBANG, Hijak86, MrGunsGear, The Yankee Marshall, NeverEnuffAmmo, TiborasaurusRex, and TFB TV.  

I don't watch Hickok45 anymore, but he has a lot of good videos focusing on specific guns.  

I go to most of those also

If I'm thinking of buying a new gun or tac gear I'll see if he's done a review and factor that into my buying decision. He's a good American. We need more men like him. 

He does get a little winded at times. 

Forgotten Weapons is pretty cool too, if you like historical stuff

The one thing I have always felt is that he needs to do those reviews next to a glass of water. He's never done a video without sounding like he had a dry mouth. I bet his breath smells like he ate a shit sandwich 

Any NutNfancy fans here?

No

I like Mrgunsngear and MAC the best.

Thread didn't go as planned.

TibasaurusRex.

Nutn gave the ruger gunsite scout a shit review, haven't forgiven him since.

He is one odd dude, though he seems nice. Imagine preferring to live in a Van 10 months out of the year?

He's got a really nice wife who is extremely tolerant. I feel sorry for her, though.

His reviews are mildlly entertaining, he's a character. I can not figure out what drives him, particuarlly his prepper lifestyle (storing hundreds of gallons of water, van life, camping alone).