Any of Y'all make your own probiotics?

I make my own kefir water and kombucha. It's pretty badass. I generally do a second fermentation of the kefir water with mango puree. It turns it into a super fizzy mango drink like the drink koala springs. It's so fizzy too. Like champagne. It will explode. I use grolsch flip top bottles. They are perfect. For the kombucha I generally do ginger honey and chia seeds. Makes a nice gingerade of sorts. Not as fizzy as the kefir. Takes longer too. Longer is better because changing the kefir every two days can be aggravating. The kombucha is done with a 2 gallon jar with a tap on bottom so I never have to disturb the scoby.

EDIT:

Okay sorry for the delay ... some pics for you fuckers. this is my kombucha set up.

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i442/9876512345/random/20160517_154925_zpsnvgduhiq.jpg

its an 8 liter glass container with a spiget. the spiget it plastic on inside and stainless steel on outside. kombucha bacteria and many other bacteria like kefir dont like metal so make sure no metal touches the kombucha.

the thing floating on the top is called a SCOBY. i believe its called symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast. it is what makes the kombucha. I bought one off a lady from craiglist for 10 dollars. thats the easiest way to start. here is a picture of what it looks like it just floats on the top. kinda gross looking I suppose.

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i442/9876512345/random/20160517_154934_zpshqneydrf.jpg

Basically how it works is it feeds off sugar. the longer you wait, the less sugar there will be. I like to wait about 10 days per batch. that way most of the sugar is all gone, but its not too close to vinegar either. you can wait 2/3 weeks and it will make a vinegar. you could wait 4/5 days and it will be super sweet. its mostly preference. Heres a picture of the latest batch I made. Its a pomegranate chia kombucha.

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i442/9876512345/random/20160512_175048_zpsmqidfviz.jpg

I used 2 tablespoon chia and half a cup of pomegrante juice per bottle. It made 19 bottles in the last batch. Thats 19 bottles of kombucha every 10 days. So I need to drink roughly 2 bottles of day to keep up with what Im making. thats perfect for me because I do not have unlimited grolsch bottles (perfect for the second fermentation btw) or room in fridge.

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i442/9876512345/random/20160512_175052_zpsdfg2yuck.jpg

The second fermentation is how the drink becomes carbonated naturally. Basically during the first 10 day fermentation, you have the lid open, so the kombucha is able to eat the sugar and gasses can escape. During the second fermentation when I add flavors like pomegranate etc, I cap the kombucha with the grolsch bottles lied. The bacteria will then eat sugar in whatever I added, IE the pomegranate juice, but have no air to escape. Its pretty cool. I used to make kefir water drinks and if left too long they would actually explode out the bottles in a violent type reaction. I generally do the second fermentation for 3 days. Its all done at room temperature btw. once it goes in the fridge, the bacteria slows down because of the cold, allowing you to keep it for a while in there without it exploding or becoming terrible vinegary.

my recipe for the 8 liter is 2 cups of organics white cane sugar and 12 bags of black or oolong tea. I first boil water, then add sugar, mix till dissolved, then add tea bags, and leave till it cools. I then let cool, take out tea bags, and add to the kombucha SCOBY in the giant glass container. I always leave a bit of the previous kombucha liquid so that it remains acidic when starting the new batch.

Its all really easy to do. kombucha in stores are like 5 bucks a bottle. 19x5 every 10 days is 95 dollars worth of kombucha. or roughly 300 a month. all for cost of a bit of sugar and tea bags.

my favorite recipe so far is a ginger honey kombucha. I use one tablespoon of honey and like 5 chucks of ginger per bottle. tastes so damn good. like a healthy ginger ade.

Been thinking about getting into this. Can you post your recipe in detail? Phone Post 3.0

I was at a party this summer when this hipster chick with big ole bitties breaks out this mason jar. So of course I'm thinking moonshine time! Someone's getting laid tonight. Turns out it was some home made kombachu. Shit was pretty tasty, but I don't have time to go cultivating and caring for fungus. Nobody got laid that night, in fact the shit destroyed my buzz that night. Phone Post 3.0

Sauerkraut and milk kefir. Made a uge (Trump voice) improvement in digestive system.

Both are very easy to make, but milk kefir gets a bit expensive since you need to get milk every week. Phone Post 3.0

isnt it easier just to take the pills

Have a fried who gives me ho made kombucha weekly. Seemed risky at first but it is good shit. Might have to try and make my own

Anyone notice health benefits from consuming it? Phone Post 3.0

. Phone Post 3.0

baj54 - I was at a party this summer when this hipster chick with big ole bitties breaks out this mason jar. So of course I'm thinking moonshine time! Someone's getting laid tonight. Turns out it was some home made kombachu. Shit was pretty tasty, but I don't have time to go cultivating and caring for fungus. Nobody got laid that night, in fact the shit destroyed my buzz that night. Phone Post 3.0
Cock blocked by gay drink Phone Post 3.0

NHBDaddy - isnt it easier just to take the pills
I believe fermented foods are far superior to supplements. More bioavailability. Also, there is an article online where they tested homemade sauerkraut and it contained trillions of bacteria per serving, far more than any pills. Phone Post 3.0

kyle223 -
I believe fermented foods are far superior to supplements. More bioavailability. Also, there is an article online where they tested homemade sauerkraut and it contained trillions of bacteria per serving, far more than any pills. Phone Post 3.0
What about store bought kraut? Phone Post 3.0

SnapLocally -
kyle223 -
What about store bought kraut? Phone Post 3.0
Bubbies is supposedly a good brand. I've had their pickles, which are delicious, but never their sauerkraut. As long as it's raw and refrigerated when you buy it, it should be good, but I don't think anything beats homemade. Plus, homemade is much cheaper. Phone Post 3.0

Does smegma count? Phone Post 3.0

Theflesh22 - Does smegma count? Phone Post 3.0

I'll bet your moustache stinks.

Eat shit. Phone Post 3.0

Bigfoots Dick - Eat shit. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, a healthy persons shit. Straight from the source.

http://www.sciencealert.com/human-trials-will-test-freeze-dried-poop-pills-as-a-weight-loss-treatment

I make my own ghost pepper kimchi, my own sauerkraut, and coconut milk yogurt. They're all pretty bad ass.

SnapLocally - 
Theflesh22 - Does smegma count? Phone Post 3.0

I'll bet your moustache stinks.

LOL!

Milk Kefir is the easiest

I make sauerkraut sometimes. Been meaning to make some kimchee Phone Post 3.0