Any of you guys competed after having a c-fusion?

I had a two level cervical fusion 8 weeks ago. That said I have some goals Id still like to accomplish.
Have any of you guys fought in MMA or continued to compete in BJJ? Phone Post 3.0

Never got a fusion for my discs. Too scared. How's the recovery coming along? Phone Post 3.0

FatFrenchFry - Never got a fusion for my discs. Too scared. How's the recovery coming along? Phone Post 3.0
I feel great, limited mobility but I should get that back. Phone Post 3.0

For anyone reading do you know of any pros that have had a cervical fusion? Phone Post 3.0

I'm pretty sure Bas has had a few? Phone Post 3.0

YEP, I had an ACDF level two fusion C5/C6 in June of 2012. I competed and took Bronze in October 2013 and I took Silver this year July 2014 in the Rev Gear Worlds Blue Belt Division in Denver (205 weight class)

I work out my neck and traps a lot. I have a very strong neck and I think that is key in helping protect your fusion. I do shoulder shrugs like they are going out of style.

Still working on getting the muscle mass back that I lost in my right arm though. My nerve damage was bad in my right tricep. Even two years later you can see a difference. It is getting back though...

i have neither competed nor had back surgery

why did i post on this thread?

KidJustice -

YEP, I had an ACDF level two fusion C5/C6 in June of 2012. I competed and took Bronze in October 2013 and I took Silver this year July 2014 in the Rev Gear Worlds Blue Belt Division in Denver (205 weight class)

I work out my neck and traps a lot. I have a very strong neck and I think that is key in helping protect your fusion. I do shoulder shrugs like they are going out of style.

Awesome, I wanted to compete in the same revgear tourney but my neck was hurt Phone Post 3.0

I might be wrong but I think quarry, Dan miller, tiyo and maybe pat militich (spelling?) Have had fusions and returned to competition Phone Post 3.0

There are some awesome threads on people with disc problems. If I was on on a PC id bump them Phone Post 3.0

FlowWithTheGo - 
KidJustice -

Awesome, I wanted to compete in the same revgear tourney but my neck was hurt Phone Post 3.0

Where do you train now?

JoeMimic -
FlowWithTheGo - For anyone reading do you know of any pros that have had a cervical fusion? Phone Post 3.0
Gonna go out on a limb and say Tito. Phone Post 3.0
Just tweeted Tito, he tweeted back. He said he had a fusion and competed 6 months later. Phone Post 3.0

KidJustice -
FlowWithTheGo - 
KidJustice -

Where do you train now?

Keystone Colorado. Working on setting up my own program now. Well, I've been working on it way too long. Surgery derailed my initial and secondary plan. Phone Post 3.0