any of you HATE the outdoors?

im nowhere near as outdoorsy as many OGers here are, but I think most guys have a natural inclination for outdoor activity, at varying levels

however I know a couple of guys, not girls, that hate everything about being outside, unless they are at an outdoor bar or restaurant

they hate bugs, hate the sun, hate the rain, hate cold/heat, dont like getting "dirty", dont like exerting themselves, etc. they just hate everything about it which i found amusing

do you know any guys like this?

I try not to know ppl like that but Im sure they exist.

spiritually empty husks of humans

1 Like

I believe we call them faggots.  I’m not positive of your local nomenclature though. 

10 Likes

How does one hate the outdoors? I don'tget it.

My 83 year old Father in Law is an avid hunter, fisherman. Has a kick ass garden, does ALL of his own home improvements, landscaping, walks/bikes miles a day. The man is incredible.

His 2 years younger brother does nothing but complain about ailments, only leaves his apartment in Manhattan to visit his Sister on LI for a week or so, and never leaves her place unless its to come to our house for a get together. And then all he does his talk about the old days.

My FIL looks at his own brother shaking his head in disbelief at times. 

ABCTT_sakurabas ear -

I believe we call them faggots.  I’m not positive of your local nomenclature though. 

Ironically enough, thats the rumor regarding my Father in Laws Brother.....

Not a big beach person when it’s peak heat of summer 

2 Likes

LOL

even gay guys like finding outdoor spots to hook up with dudes

Brianmx234 -

Deciding not to cook yourself on the beach in the middle of July for 8 hours does not make one a hater of the outdoors. 

1 Like

I hate going outside right now.  Phoenix.  112 today.  116 the next two days.

1 Like

Al Cappucino -
Brianmx234 -

Deciding not to cook yourself on the beach in the middle of July for 8 hours does not make one a hater of the outdoors. 

yeah

and when im at a beach i cannot just lie in a chair doing nothing/sunbathing or whatever

i can sit down for a few minutes to dirnk a beer or water/take a breather

but im in that water the entire time, no matter the water temps

i cannot resist an ocean (no homo)

WendyIDMT -

I hate going outside right now.  Phoenix.  112 today.  116 the next two days.

we have a heat wave here as well, and it's miserable...kind of why i thought of this thread bc those thoughts of hating being outside crossed my mind a couple of times in the past 2 weeks, while being on a hot baseball diamond wearing covid masks

Is this what a metrosexual is? I see these people and wonder what their life must be like. 

I went rafting Sunday at a place aboit 30 minutes from my house. I live in Denver which is on the front range of the Rocky Mountains. So, about 15 minutes west of town you are in the mountains, 30 minute drive and you are surrounded by snowcapped rugged peaks. 

We are about 30 minutes from Denver in Empire Colorado and dudes are taking pictures like they were in this shocking alien land. You would think they were in the wilderness, they were awestruck by the outdoors. Dudes were trying to get pictures of a fucking Robin on a parking block like it was some rare woodland creature.

I watched this thinking what OP is describing. I think its so odd that there are people content with living in Denver of all places with this massive towering mountain range dominating the views to the west that never go into those mountains. Their lives consist of being in an air conditioned home, going to their air conditioned vehicle, to their air conditioned office, and they never step outside of it and find stepping into the outdoors unappealing.  

I also know people like this. Mostly people I work with but some of my relatives are like this as well. I can roll up to the river and be in wading up to my chest catching fish in 10 minutes. They will drive past all of that nature to go to a gift shop at some little tourist town and sit inside the restaurant instead of the patio next to a creek with stunning views and complain to the waitress that its "a little chilly in here."

I don't get it. My ankle is messed up so I can't get out there so I have temporarily morphed into one of them while I heal. I enjoy climate control but I don't get how so many people, seemingly the majority here in Denver,  see the outdoors as some alien place where they are not welcome. 

1 Like

You're missing out, OP.

I love the outdoors, but its kind of an ongoing joke with my family that I hate to hike. I like to camp, forage, explore, and play, but I have no interest in specifically walking miles along a trail unless I am doing it with the intention of camping along the way. If Im gonna get swampass trecking around in the heat, there needs to be a point or goal of some kind.

I find myself wanting to be in the woods/lake more and more each day.

I need to win like $100m

Briscoe -

You're missing out, OP.

i love being outside, sorry if i wasnt clear in my OP

i was talking about some Guys who are not into it

i hope to be out on my little fishing kayak this week

I love the outdoors, but I don't like crazy heat and high humidity, annoying bugs, or playing in the dirt.

76 degrees, 45% humidity, no bugs, good beer, dank weed, some nice titties to look at, and I am there.

yeah my limits are

i dont want to be swarmed by bugs

i am not into wading in algae, muddy ponds/lakes/rivers barefoot like my friends

a sandy/rocky lake, no problems at all...but i just dont like being in mud and too uch vegetation for some reason

In Limbo -

im nowhere near as outdoorsy as many OGers here are, but I think most guys have a natural inclination for outdoor activity, at varying levels

however I know a couple of guys, not girls, that hate everything about being outside, unless they are at an outdoor bar or restaurant

they hate bugs, hate the sun, hate the rain, hate cold/heat, dont like getting "dirty", dont like exerting themselves, etc. they just hate everything about it which i found amusing

do you know any guys like this?

I hate the heat and I hate eating outdoors. 

I like the outdoors in mild and cool temperatures

I hate the heat

Im outside more than most people i know for 9 months of the year, but im also the whitest person i know. I do not like the hot sun on my skin.