Any of you marry a mail order bride?

There has to be some. How did it go?

found an old article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2306900/The-mail-order-bride-boom-The-rise-international-dating-sites-offering-U-S-men-significantly-younger-women-untouched-feminism.html

The mail-order bride boom: The rise of international dating sites offering U.S. men 'significantly younger' women 'untouched by feminism'

Could a mail-order bride website become the new Match.com? 

Fortune magazine reports that websites like AnastasiaDate are trying to shed the shady images of green card goldiggers and abusive American men in search of Stepford slaves. They have re-branded the mail-order bride business 'premium international dating'. 

AnastasiaDate's traffic grew by 220per cent in 2012, and it now has four million users.

Chief Strategy Officer Mark Brooks told the magazine that he thinks these sites are comparable to mainstream online dating when it began, and will one day be just as accepted. 

AnastasiaDate made $110 million in 2012. In 2013, it projects it will make $140 million - and has advertised on CNBC, Discovery, Golf and the History Channel. 

According to U.S. immigration statistics there were roughly 200 international marriage broker agencies in 1999 that coordinated between 4,000 and 6,000 marriages. By 2010, there were twice as many agencies - and 10,000 and 15,000 couples tying the knot.

Who is an AnastasiaDate average user? According to the site, he's an American man making more than $100,000, between ages 35 and 60. On endless forums devoted to finding foreign wives, it's clear that many of them are tired and/or fed up with the dating scene, and dream of finding a woman who will take care of them. 

Sites like Kiev ConnectionsA Foreign Affair and Russian Cupid have sprung up to meet the demand.

The average AnastasiaDate user is an American man making more than $100,000, between the ages of 35 and 60

One site, Eastern European Women, offers to match men with 'gorgeous, healthy and vital Eastern European women', who are 'significantly younger'. The fact that they are 'unspoiled by feminism' is, apparently, a selling point.  

In the past, agencies sold women's contact information. In the virtual age, the men can see them online - many new users are inundated with generic messages from beautiful women in broken English - but they have to pay to play. 

Credits are priced on a sliding scale starting at $15.99 for 20 credits, and going up to $399.99 for 1,000. Each minute of chatting costs one credit. Emoticons cost extra, and site also has launched an app for mobile dating. 

Since a single email can cost up to $8, the site makes a killing on revenue from video chat and emails before having to arrange a single meeting. Once the guys do decide on a face-to-face encounter,  'romance tours' arranged by the sites st them back another few thousand dollars.

Experts worry about the transactional nature of the sites - and international dating can definitely be dangerous. 

There was a documentary on Netflix from a couple of years ago called “Love Me.”

It followed a bunch of dudes from the U.S. and mail order brides.

I felt bad for the guys, but it was still pretty pathetic to witness.

For instance, there was one dude that had to have a translator present while talking to his girl.

Why, you got a discount code?

Common Sense MMA - 

Not a mail order bride but I did marry a girl from the Philippines. Best thing I ever did... Untouched by feminism is pretty accurate. I don't know if they are all little nymphos but I certainly hit the jackpot. 

How'd you arrange that? Sounds like it worked out well for you.

My father married someone from Russia from E-harmony. She was in her 50s when they married so it wasn't like he was looking for a young hottie. They seem to be happy together but it's kinda strange when I visit because her English is very basic. He eats buckwheat for breakfast now.

Hocky - 

There was a documentary on Netflix from a couple of years ago called “Love Me.”

It followed a bunch of dudes from the U.S. and mail order brides.

I felt bad for the guys, but it was still pretty pathetic to witness.

For instance, there was one dude that had to have a translator present while talking to his girl.

He married Mackenzie Dern?

Not sure if you'll find anyone who's done that on here. Now if you had asked if anyone on here had a male order bride, you'd crash the site with all the replies on your thread

Everytime i see an old white man with a younger asian women the first thing that always comes to mind is mail order bride.

My parents' neighbor married some woman from China.  She's in her forties.  Within a few months of arriving she was working at a massage parlor.  I think she convinced him not to divorce her so she wouldn't get sent back.  She's paying him rent to live in his house.

CRE -
Common Sense MMA - 

Not a mail order bride but I did marry a girl from the Philippines. Best thing I ever did... Untouched by feminism is pretty accurate. I don't know if they are all little nymphos but I certainly hit the jackpot. 

How'd you arrange that? Sounds like it worked out well for you.

I married a Filipina lady that I met on Ok Cupid. I chatted with here for a year and decided to go visit.  We got married a year later. Two years later we are still extremely happy and just got a new house. 

So it is not mail order bride but a lot of her friends she met here met their husbands that way. 

I've been in a long distance relationship with a 20 year old model from Switzerland for the past few years. She is perfect. She has me send money for her photoshoots sometimes, and she said she'll fly over here to meet me someday. I can't wait!

Geez

GCatMMA -

I've been in a long distance relationship with a 20 year old model from Switzerland for the past few years. She is perfect. She has me send money for her photoshoots sometimes, and she said she'll fly over here to meet me someday. I can't wait!

Hope you’re kidding. 

Damaynevent -
GCatMMA -

Hope you’re kidding. 

I assume he is but this is the OG so you never know. 

A couple of guys I knew in the Navy married girls from the Philippines. This was pre-internet. They picked their girl out of a catalog like shopping at Service Merchandise.

I got one off of Ebay

GCatMMA -

You sound very smart.  Similar to my story but mine is Russian.  I just sent her $1700 for her to book her flight to come visit me for a month.  I'm jerking off right now thinking about when we first meet.

My buddy is in the Philippines right now doing this.

It's fucking pathetic. I have a distant relative who did this, everyone recognizes it for what it is, except him. It's just so sad, and yet so bizarre at the same time. 

We all sort of leave him alone and let him live in his own insecure world, but ffs, I hope it blows up.

Check out Louis Theroux’s documentary on the subject its a great watch