Any of you tried the HCK Comp Lite?

Really like the looks of this gi from what ive seen when people wear it. Curious to hear anyones feedback who has it or see some detailed pics. I'm curious how the collar is compared to Howards standard single

My review of it for Meerkatsu's blog - http://meerkat69.blogspot.com/2011/01/gi-review-howard-combat-kimonos-hck.html

James

yea seen that review but really looking for at least a couple more peoples opinions

Sir Taps - now that you have had it for awhile, can you comment on how the collar is compared to the Standard and how is it holding up? You said it was a tweaked judo gi and you wouldn't buy it again in your review. Does this mean it's baggy? I like a baggy gi in the body and i like short sleeves that are tight.

Can you snap a few pics and share them?

emotion #13 - I don't have a Standard, so I can't really compare, sorry. By tweeked Judo gi I meant that the construction and fabric is almost identical to my Adidas Judo gis (esp the fabric), but it's more of a BJJ cut. For me it's really snug, which is my preferred fit, which is why I went a size down as I didn't want it to be baggy, had I wanted the sleeves to be legal length, I would have gone up one. I suppose strictly speaking it's too small, but I'd rather have a short gi that fits well in the body, than a longer gi that's baggy.

The fabric has really bobbled, but the fit hasn't changed, and there's no other signs of wear and tear. As or buying another? If I could pick it up in a sale, maybe, but given that to get another one here to the UK I'd not only have to pay the higher shipping fees plus customs charges, it's not a good enough gi to warrant the extra expense. It's still one of my favs though, don't get me wrong, but I'd have to find a really good deal to pick up another.

James

what does the fabric has BOBBLED mean?

can you snap some pics of the fabric and collar?

Bobbled - I guess you guys call it pilling I think? Like it's covered in tiny balls of fibres. Kind of thing that happens to wool sweaters if they've been washed and worn for years. I'll try to sort some pics for you so you can see what I mean and so you can see the collar.

James

oh ok i know what you're saying. i wonder why that would happen? maybe from drying n the dryer?

some pics would be cool!

I can get one right now for like $110 so im thinking about doing it

I don't even have a dryer, so it's not from that. Just seems to be from washing and general wear and tear. If anything, the cotton feels "unfinished", or "raw", compared to other single weaves I own. I can't really describe it. Will do some pics tomorrow for you.

James

Sir Taps - I don't even have a dryer, so it's not from that. Just seems to be from washing and general wear and tear. If anything, the cotton feels "unfinished", or "raw", compared to other single weaves I own. I can't really describe it. Will do some pics tomorrow for you.

James
Is it a good thing or a bad thing?

what gi's can you compare the collar to?

It's just a thing! The pilling/bobbling means that it looks slightly tatty and rough around the edges compared to gis that I've had much longer, but it's not going to affect the life of the gi. Collar is thinner and narrower than a Koral Light, but stiffer.

James

thanks james

Emotion - Here you go. First pic shows the bobbling/pilling, second shows the collar compared to a Koral Light.

Hope it helps.

James

I have to say that the Koral light would be my pic compared on the pic above. My training buddy has a Koral and it still looks amazing after almost two years of training. It's very light too. The HCK in the above pic looks like an old judo gi to me too! I'm sure some of the others from HCK are amazing because I've heard very good things about them, but that style of gi would not be my pick.

I've just had my KII gi arrive and although it is heavy (built like a tank!) the gi is amazing. Great quality and great fit. Quality UK brand.

For reference, the Koral was bought in spring/summer 2009, the HCK got it's first wear Jan of this year. Both gis get washed at 40c and hang dried, so there's zero difference in how they're handled.

James

I went ahead and ordered one. Really loved the styling. Will post my feedback once it's here. Phone Post

$100 btw Phone Post

^where?

Howard is selling them for $100 on his twitter. Phone Post