Any of you tried the HCK Comp Lite?

Would be cool if Howard could address that pilling issue or if it's been addressed already. I think sir taps bought his when they first came out. Phone Post

thanks brah, been looking at these for awhile.

Nope, ordered mine on Black Friday last year, so it's not like it's from one of the very first runs.

James

James you are gi fanatic! You better get your ass back here in the States to train again very soon.

That pilling looks a different color than the gi I just noticed. That's odd. I looked it up and it comes from using cheaper short strand cotton. That would be odd for Howard as he tends to use quality stuff. I will see my findings once it gets here and report back. That would be an interesting issue since ive not seen one negative review of that gi online.

As for that Koral, it's like $150 isn't it?

Need advice on sizing, cause i haven't heard from Howard..<br />I'm 5'5, 160lbs, what size pants/top should I get? Got<br />broad shoulders/chest and stumpy legs/arms.

I think you would be a 4 but not sure. Maybe someone can message Howard to address the issues in this thread Phone Post

I was thinking 4 for the pant, but for the top
I was thinking of a 5 because I have big chest/back
and I usually fit in a A2 snuggly because of it. But
I might sleep on ordering til this whole pilling thing
is figured out

To the guy who had the pilling issue. What did Howard say when you contacted him about it? I would assume he would just swap it out as this is most likely an isolated issue. I know there are a ton of these gi's out there and to have only 1 person talking about pilling tells me that you either did something odd when washing or drying or you got a bad one.

Sadly Howard is not known for customer service reply times so good luck with returning it. Contact your credit card if he did not reply. I pay for everything with Amex for this exact reason.

I don't have a dryer, so can't blame that, and it's been washed in the exact same machine and on the same cycle/program as all my other gis, so if that was the problem, surely all my other kit would be the same?

I didn't bother contacting Howard (or Budovideos in this case as that's who I bought it from) as I don't see it as an issue, and also the cost of returning a gi to the US from the UK means it's not worth it. The gi is great, the pilling is purely aesthetic. If the dye had run when first washed, that would have been worth returning, but this? Not fussed.

James

Sir Taps -

I didn't bother contacting Howard (or Budovideos in this case as that's who I bought it from) as I don't see it as an issue

James
Interesting. Ok thanks

Got this Gi today. REALLY really nice gi. Something special about it. Not sure what.

That being said I have to send it back to Howard. It simply doesn't fit. HCK is definately more of a slim cut than Atama in the body. The pants were AWESOME imo. Definately too big. Sounds like I would need a 2 size smaller pant than the top.

I am not a normally built dude though unfortunately. Only have a 30" inseam and im 6'2. Super long torso and short legs. Oh well.

Great gi though, a steal at $100. nice and thin with an amazing collar that is nice and stiff and hard to grab.

emotion #13 -  Got this Gi today. REALLY really nice gi. Something special about it. Not sure what.

That being said I have to send it back to Howard. It simply doesn't fit. HCK is definately more of a slim cut than Atama in the body. The pants were AWESOME imo. Definately too big. Sounds like I would need a 2 size smaller pant than the top.

I am not a normally built dude though unfortunately. Only have a 30" inseam and im 6'2. Super long torso and short legs. Oh well.

Great gi though, a steal at $100. nice and thin with an amazing collar that is nice and stiff and hard to grab.<br type="_moz" />

Damn, you just ordered it last night! How much do you weigh and what size did you get? Also, James what was your height/weight and the size gi that you got?

No I actually ordered it a bit ago. I wear an A5 in most brands. The HCK fits me real nice in the shoulder but it's slimmer cut in the torso than I like. I'm 6'2 and 270 with a 38" waist but I wear a 52 jacket. I'm wide. Built about like David Tua. If I was a "slim" guy I would definitely want the HCK. I'm pissed to send it back actually. Something special about it. Cant put my finger on it Phone Post

at 6'2" 270 you should fit perfectly into my Howard single 7. I'm 6'3" and 185 and it fits well in length but is way too wide for me.

Not sure of that rationale but ooook. Phone Post

emotion, what was special about them? figure it
out and let us know... i'ma definatley get these
before the sale expires.

I really like the way the collar is attached to be honest. I also like the thinness but the toughness of the weave itself. It's very soft, especially the inside. The simpleness of the design o the Gi is fantastic IMO if you like simplicity. I love the embroidered shoulders. The pants run long. I got a size 7 and I was swimming in those pants. I would probably need a size 5 maybe 6 pants. Nice Gi Phone Post

ttt

just love the simplicity of this gi, even though this
has the large HCK logo in red it is nothing like what is out there in the saturated gi market with contrast stictching,
logos everywhere, quotes, etc etc..