Any OG Cyclists?

Just to manage my mid-40’s fatness, I make myself ride my bike to work when I can. It like it because even if you don’t want to get that second workout in, you still have to drag ass home.

It’s a 20-25 minute ride including a pretty hardcore elevation change both ways to get up and over a half-mile long pedestrian bridge.

not sure how many calories it burns, but i know every winter when i stop riding i seem to gain about ten lbs in short order.

i just have a mid-range single speed for everyday riding but i do have a nice jamis for going on rides with the geeks who put on their race jerseys to go pedal around on a sunday.

5 Likes

I used to cycle while training for triathlons. All that came to a halt when a dickface in an SUV cut me off slammed the brakes and then turned left in front of me. I rear ended his shitty Honda Pilot and my shoulder caved in his tailgate. Cops were all over me as if I was a criminal even though the SUV caused everything. The cops sited me for running a stop sign and my insurance had to pay 2000 dollars to the asshole.

Never rode again. I almost broke my neck.

RIP Nicky Hayden

6 Likes

Calling @Cloaca_the_Powerful

1 Like

first of all, yes, RIP Nicky

that suuuucks. i often fantasize about buying a 360* sports camera to mount on my handlebars in case anything fucked up happens while i’m on the road.

my route has a pretty high biker population so cars are usually used to “sharing the road” (as is painted on the ground at both ends of every block for most of my ride), but it only takes one dickhead

3 Likes

You probably should. I’ve had drivers pass me with literally 1 to 2 inches of clearance…

2 Likes

I did my first 100km over Memorial Day weekend. It was great except for how much it sucked.

2 Likes

Fuck cyclists.

You cunts think you own the road

7 Likes

Maybe this is a you problem bro

1 Like

Look at this fag.

3 Likes

25 mins will burn approximately 200 calories for the ride itself, but afterwards your elevated metabolism will burn at a higher rate for a few hours. I ride country roads 5 days a week.

5 Likes

anyone know of a cycling calorie calculator that takes elevation into account?

my ride has 1/4 mile sprints up approx 90ft ramps. one ramp is shorter and steeper and the other is a spiral with a longer run but slightly less grade. according to a rise over run calculator, they’re in about the 9.5% grade range.

i’m an experienced cyclist and i ride the same route a lot, but it’s never “easy”. and, again, i normally do it on a single-speel velo geared bike, so i’m pumping the whole way up. it’s a point of pride to never stop pedaling – unless some dipshit decides the sunset’s pretty and starts wandering across the bike lane, which isn’t uncommon.

1 Like

Climbing as we speak in the Italian Dolomites.

Biking up the famed Stelvio on Friday. And possibly the hardest climb on any major tour, the Mortirolo, on Saturday.

12 Likes

lol

that’s impressive but i’ll ask you to please stop embarrassing me!

for real, though, congratulations. dream ride. i’m lucky to live in a pretty geographically diverse area, so i can ride flat urban, hilly countryside, or very steep bluffs/knobs within the same ride if i want to. but it certainly doesn’t look as pretty as the country you’re in.

2 Likes

If I was a big faggot I’m sure I’d probably be a cyclist.

3 Likes

sounds like you’re about there already. might as well get the cardio in.

7 Likes

If you biked occasionally, you’d be a much better sub to your anally inclined she-man

2 Likes

I guess I could give it a try…

1 Like

I’ll post some tomorrow. I had a long thread on cycling a few years back with lots of info on bikes and trainers and other shit

2 Likes

There are 81 BMXers watching this thread.

Cadence thoughtfully.

8 Likes

bmx riders are the juggalos of cycling

and often the juggalos of regular reality

2 Likes