Any OG Cyclists?

Moving to Honolulu. I’ll be 1.5 miles to the beach so I’ll be able to surf every morn, but definitely planning on a month or two a year in the summer in the Tetons or something.

1 Like

There’s some riding on the big island but yeah all the trails on Oahu are hiking only and crowded as fuck

2 Likes

Been riding every day. Not very far and super slow these days. Still fun.

3 Likes

If you zoom in on that second photo you can see Vegas.

Found this old Ritchey tool I had as a kid when going through some old boxes recently. Promptly put it on ebay, ha!

2 Likes

Thats dope!

1 Like

Thanks for the offer on the bars. It looks like we are selling soon so I’m probably going to pull the trigger on a specialized diverge when we get into the new house.

I’ll be sad to be further away from single track but I’m hoping a new bike and a some long road/gravel rides will make up for it!

2 Likes

My buddy has a Diverge. He can’t barely ride a bike. He called me to walk him through changing a flat and he somehow stripped the thru axle in the process.

It was nice when I rode it.

1 Like

Looks like a good all-rounder. I’m hoping I can find one local so I can give it a test spin.

Just riding in circles all day…

Now I need a new tire. Might have to take the road bike out to keep up my streak if they don’t have big ass tires in stock.

1 Like

Just got back from sugar mtn. Steep and rocky

2 Likes

I do this 3-4 times a week. The round trip nets me about 50KM

3 Likes

Quick hill ride this morning before the heat (100+ today) kicked in. Wasn’t sure how road gearing would be on longer hills so had to try it.

2 Likes

You guys running 1x or 2x on your gravel bikes?

1 Like

I run 1x on everything.

If you need a specific cadence and bigger gear range, 2x is good. But for most people 1x is plenty good.

2 Likes

I run a single (38T) on my mountain bike, its pretty flat here so it works great for me.

3 Likes

1x on all my bikes except my road bike just because it came with a 2x setup.

3 Likes

1x or die

2 Likes

Try living in a mountainous area and see how well your fixed gear works out

I ride single speed (not fixed) in a pretty hilly area and it works out just fine.

Fixed is a different animal altogether.

3 Likes