Any OG family ever ran a charity organization?

Let me start out by saying I am NOT soliciting for donations from you all. I'm asking if anyone here has ever ran, or worked within a charitable organization, and might be willing to help out a guy trying to get one going.

I have a friend who was in the Marine Corps with me (and is now working for the US Border Patrol) who lost his daughter to brain cancer. He's understandably devastated by this loss and is really trying to honor her memory by helping other families affected by this disease. He's started a foundation but seems understandably uncertain on how to grow it and get the ball rolling.

He's a great guy, a Navy & Marine Corps Medal recipient (ran into a burning, crashed helo and started pulling fellow Marines out) and I'd like to help him make this successful but I have no idea what to do. Any of you have experience in this field? Would you be willing to help him with tips and advice? Thanks in advance.

TTT Phone Post 3.0

I have no clue, but I'll ttt in hopes for the best. Let us know when it's set up. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks. It's actually "set up" already. I am trying to help him make it successful and grow. Phone Post 3.0

I've helped a lot of people on here with there's, just start spreading the word...Twitter, face Thing, here... Also reach out to the local news n radio stations... Call local caterers or food trucks n see if they would be willing to do a fundraiser where they give a percentage to the cause. (Had a food truck and did this a lot for local charities) don't raise a ton of coin, but it all helps. Do a raffle... 100 tickets for 100$ ea...winner gets a $5k trip or item... Your charity gets other 5k... Plus you don't come out of pocket for prize, 100 must be sold before raffle happens...people get a 1-100 chance if winning a great prize for a $100 donation... KRS one has a charity org hopefully she will chime in.

Gd luck Phone Post 3.0

Put together a 5k walk/run in his daughters memory...get the local news to cover. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for the response Knee. When I'm off work, I'll hit him up for specific questions and get back to you. Phone Post 3.0

I am friends with Jamie Walton who runs the Wayne Foundation. if you hit her up on twitter I am sure she would answer whatever questions you might have.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I've hit him up for specific questions and offered that he can register here and ask himself. Will let you know when I hear something back.