Any OGers dealing with measles outbreak?

If so you're an asshole.  Get your kids proper medical care and you won't have to worry about them being one of the nearly 400 people killed every goddamn day by such a stupidly fucking preventable disease OR worry about them killing some immuno-compromised schoolmate who has an actual medical reason not to be vaccinated.

From 2000 to 2013 the percent of children who received at least one dose of measles vaccine increased by 11%, from 73% to 84% worldwide.  From this 11% increase in the number of children reached by vaccinations the death rate dropped by a full 75%.  

Not getting your kids vaccinated is stupid, selfish, and dangerous.  Choosing to be willfully ignorant of the science behind vaccines isn't taking a stand, it's being a fucking retard.  Knock it off.

Five children at a KinderCare Learning Center in northwest suburban Palatine have been diagnosed with measles, Illinois and Cook County health officials announced Thursday.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/chi-measles-palatine-20150205-story.html

Just got my little dude more shots a week ago, because I'm not retarded anddon't want him to die Phone Post 3.0

What if those parents are being retards as a side effect from the vaccines they got when they were younger? It comes full circle.

mindblown.gif

Being bombarded by this shit daily, facebook full of vaccination conversations, MMA.TV full of vaccination threads..More attention than anything else going on in the world right now

GenericAmerican - What if those parents are being retards as a side effect from the vaccines they got when they were younger? It comes full circle.

mindblown.gif
That could check out, in retarded sometimes and I got vaccinated Phone Post 3.0

4 people have died of the measles in the US since 2004. Worldwide is a different story. It's a fever, relax.

sadic1 - 4 people have died of the measles in the US since 2004. Worldwide is a different story. It's a fever, relax.

No shit, bring back Ebola for a few months, I need a  change of pace

itswhitty - 

If so you're an asshole.  Get your kids proper medical care and you won't have to worry about them being one of the nearly 400 people killed every goddamn day by such a stupidly fucking preventable disease OR worry about them killing some immuno-compromised schoolmate who has an actual medical reason not to be vaccinated.

From 2000 to 2013 the percent of children who received at least one dose of measles vaccine increased by 11%, from 73% to 84% worldwide.  From this 11% increase in the number of children reached by vaccinations the death rate dropped by a full 75%.  

Not getting your kids vaccinated is stupid, selfish, and dangerous.  Choosing to be willfully ignorant of the science behind vaccines isn't taking a stand, it's being a fucking retard.  Knock it off.

To be, some of the assholes dealing with it could have gotten their kids vaccinated, and they are the unlucky percentage for whom it is not effective

We need at least one pretend deadly outbreak per year to keep people thinking about more important things, lol. 6 corporations control 90% of the news we see. Whatever those corporations and their subsidiaries are selling, we're buying it!

sadic1 - We need at least one pretend deadly outbreak per year to keep people thinking about more important things, lol. 6 corporations control 90% of the news we see. Whatever those corporations and their subsidiaries are selling, we're buying it!

It's not even measles as a disease that I see as the main problem here, it's the culture of arrogance and willful ignorance that the anti-vaccine movement represents.  Aside from a few odd libertarian types, you have a movement based on the notion that an opinion is worth just as much attention whether or not it's educated.  Vaccines are safe and effective, and study after study and test after test has shown this yet I continually hear people refer to the "vaccine debate" as if there is any question in reality.

Just as a personal example, my wife's aunt is rabidly anti-vaccine and constantly posting her inane, laughably incoherent articles and discussions to her facebook stream.  My wife is a doctor, mind you, and a pretty damn good one if I may say so.  The two of them get along just great in most ways, but she absolutely will not discuss vaccination with her because the aunt "knows what she's going to say."  

My wife is more knowledgeable about the science of illness and the human body than anyone else her aunt is likely to encounter in her normal life.  There is a tremendous amount that she could teach her aunt, but the woman dismisses the entirety of her depth of knowledge as something she "already knows" thanks to reading anti-vaccine blog posts.  

The assholes in the anti-vaccine movement are so arrogant that they believe their opinions and feelings should be worth more than years of hard work and study on a subject.  They completely shut themselves off to learning and they dismiss those who know more as brainwashed or shills.  The represent some of the absolute worst aspects of modern culture as they struggle to entrench themselves further in ignorance while claiming the moral high ground.

Not vaccinating your children is already a shitty thing to do because there is a real risk to other kids.  Being against vaccines in general means you are a self-important piece of shit who thinks that just because you are the one saying something it becomes right.  The fact that so many of these fucknozzles are out there makes me seriously depressed about the future.

Also fuck measles.  If you disagree with that you're fucking retarded.