Any OGers Make Clothing Lines? Sourcing question

Im doing a small project and creating some limited batch runs for clothing.  I want to make baseball hats and longsleeve dry fit shirts.  

I surfed around on alibaba but not sure if I like anything there.  

Can anyone who is in this space point me in the right direction for a well priced supplier that has decent products?  

Thanks in advance 

Also curious. I've been using uberprints for orders of 25 or so, but I'm interested in learning more as I figure out how to sell these things.

Im really stumped on the dri fit sourcing... 

Go to Magic in two weeks

Magic Johnsons house? 

You want to go here and look up sourcing

www.ubmfashion.com/shows/magic-february

If you can't afford to go to Magic just look up the scouring on there but it's better to go and check out the blanks for quality control.

You could also check oceanaire they used to sell me blanks but not sure about the dry fit stuff. Good guys if you need a run done professionally.

www.oceanaire-sportswear.com

thank you

what is Magic?

ok got it - its a trade show.  Id love to go to Vega$ but this is such a small idea right now and our batches will have 50 or less units in them unless or until we get some traction...I looked up sourcing but I dont really see any directory or anything for supplier...

BigEyedFish -

thank you

what is Magic?

Biggest trade show in the industry in Vegas every 6 months. The sourcing part has everything and it's usually separated by country. So that where you go and check who had the best Tshirts or rash gaurd or flannel blanks to put your logo on if you're not having them custom done. They'll do custom for a larger buy. Go to that website and click the sourcing link.

BigEyedFish -

ok got it - its a trade show.  Id love to go to Vega$ but this is such a small idea right now and our batches will have 50 or less units in them unless or until we get some traction...I looked up sourcing but I dont really see any directory or anything for supplier...

I'll check with my buddy who still does small 50 piece runs, there's a catalog but I forgot the name.

cool thanks again 

I remember it's called Sanmar look up sanmar.com they sell small batch if you have a wholesale # and should have dry fit just not as much variety.

I clicked on the sourcing link but it just takes me to a page that says "about sourcing at MAgic" and a few gallery images...what am I supposed to be finding here? Thanks 

BigEyedFish -

cool thanks again 

Happy to use the useless knowledge I have now that I don't do clothing marketing anymore...

BigEyedFish -

I clicked on the sourcing link but it just takes me to a page that says "about sourcing at MAgic" and a few gallery images...what am I supposed to be finding here? Thanks 

They used to have everyone who supplies everything listed in their directory with the types of product. Looks like they changed their website though.

do you think im taking the wrong approach if I source a north american supplier?  wont it be much cheaper to go offshore? 

BigEyedFish -

Im doing a small project and creating some limited batch runs for clothing.  I want to make baseball hats and longsleeve dry fit shirts.  

I surfed around on alibaba but not sure if I like anything there.  

Can anyone who is in this space point me in the right direction for a well priced supplier that has decent products?  

Thanks in advance 

My best friend just went through all this for his company... I'll get you info. His T guy is great! My other good buddy runs a youth baseball program and gets hats n Ts made also. I'll get you a few options as soon as I can 

JJitsu -
BigEyedFish -

They used to have everyone who supplies everything listed in their directory with the types of product. Looks like they changed their website though.
Yeah don't see it. Go back to that page though and click some of those affiliate links like sourcingjournalonline.com , im sure you can find what you need that's where we get all the crap you see in Tillys and malls around the country.

I used Sanmar or oceanaire when I'd do a small run of Ts for a bar or something but am in LA so could always just go to downtown as well. If you're outside of my communist utopia check that Sanmar out they always had good hats and a few varieties of each product.